MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bruce Kulick talks about Gene Simmons, Nick Simmon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bruce Kulick talks about Gene Simmons, Nick Simmon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoudTrax.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bruce Kulick talks about Gene Simmons, Nick Simmon
    Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 10:20am
Hey guys,

i had a phone interview with Bruce Kulick last week and posted the text version of the interview here:http://www.loudtrax.com/Interviews.aspx

We spoke about his BK3 album, Gene Simmons, Nick Simmons, John Corabi and his time with KISS. It's rather long, so below is the beginning, you can link here to read the full interview:http://blog.loudtrax.com/post/Bruce-Kulick-speaks-to-LoudTraxcom!.aspx

thanks. Antonio /Rock, Metal, Punk downloads LoudTrax.com
-----
LoudTrax.com: There are some very interesting collaborations on BK3. My favorite being the song �No Friend of Mine�, which was co �written and sung by John Corabi, and your producer Jeremy Rubolino. Tell us about that song and working with John.

Bruce Kulick: Very easy to work with John. We have a lot of history together and good chemistry together from the UNION project. We did 2 studio albums, the live record, and DVD, so we got to really be creative together in the late 90�s.

John sang a song for me on �Transformer�, my 2nd solo record. But I really wrote that song for him to sing on it. The approach on BK3 for Jeremy and I, was more for the singer to be more involved with the writing. Jeremy and I already had most of the ideas for the music. In fact as far as I can remember, the music was completely demo-ed and recorded. John dug the track right away. And we started working on lyrics and melody right away. It was fairly easy for John to get an idea for it. John�s always the �tortured soul� kind of person. Because Jeremy was such a big fan of not only KISS, but also the UNION project and �The Blue Room� album especially, our goal was to make it as big and as good as the best of UNION. And I think we achieved that goal. For many people, that is their favorite track, especially for the fans of Union or John. 

Now John has been working on his own solo record for some time and I heard some of the material he�s working on and like it. But I think when he heard the final mix of �No Friend of Mine�, it just made him realize he needed to work extra hard so he could get �10 of those� for his own album.

I really feel like that was an unusual perfect storm of Jeremy and I coming together with the right track and John putting his best talents forward on it. Sonically that song just sounds huge. I know when I want to show off the record so people can hear the sound the engineer got, I show off that one! I�ve even had some of my guitar player friends who are in some famous bands tell me how the rhythm guitars on that song just kill!

LoudTrax.com: The song �Hand of the King� was written with Nick Simmons. When I first heard about it, it kind of sparked the idea of a Nick Simmons album. Have you guys written more songs together? 

Bruce Kulick: No not really. Nick is dabbling and kind of exploring what he wants to do more and more. Last time we spoke he wanted to learn more about guitars and asked me about guitar teachers. continue reading here: http://blog.loudtrax.com/post/Bruce-Kulick-speaks-to-LoudTraxcom!.aspx
LoudTrax.com - Rock, Metal, Punk downloads
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image