Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anime for metalheads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anime for metalheads
    Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 8:40pm
Now, the topic title is bullshit, post any anime you found good even if it's kawai to the limits.

I'll start with a "metalhead" title though, whatever that means. Claymore, a very good anime about half-demon women fighting full-blown demons and other monstrosities. Gory and full of swordplay, I recommend.

VargTheViking View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VargTheViking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 5:59pm
I much prefer reading manga to anime but I do enjoy watching some. My personal favorites are Clannad, Clannad: Afterstory, and Elfen Lied. I starting watching Attack on Titan recently too and that one is a pretty enjoyable action anime. 
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 7:14pm
Nice! I don't like comic books (in general) so manga is not my cup of tea either. But anime is a different story. I've just finished Claymore today, it was good but a bit tiresome at times (you know, "I... I have to... I have to kill... I have to kill..." something like ten times per episode. But it is full of great dark fantasy themes and some emotional touches.

And yeah, Elfen Lied is quite intense, I liked it. As far those a bit more ambitious/untypical titles are concerned, I recommend Steins;Gate. It's considered by many to be the best anime series ever created. And I'm telling you, they may be right. I love it, it's really mindblowing. Starts relatively slow but gets more intense with every episode.

Haven't watched other 3 series you've mentioned, but I've heard Clannad is very good. I'll check it out.
VargTheViking View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VargTheViking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 8:06pm
I've watched a bit of Claymore a while back, I enjoyed what I seem but I couldn't get super into it. I'd probably like the manga a lot more haha. 

Definitely watch Clannad and Clannad: Afterstory, shit gets emotional man. As for Attack on Titan, it's a pretty solid series that's been getting lots of praise and I agree with it for the most part. 

I'll check out Steins Gate when I get the chance, thanks for the rec.

evilneverdies View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evilneverdies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 1:51pm
I used to watch a lot of neon genesis evangelion,slayers,slayers next,hack://sign,wolfs rain,..the classic stuff..
Oh and of course Urotsukidoji
But my favourites was always the ghibli stuff.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 5:13pm
I quite like the whole Macross thing... also the "westernized" Robotech version.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by evilneverdies evilneverdies wrote:

I used to watch a lot of neon genesis evangelion,slayers,slayers next,hack://sign,wolfs rain,..the classic stuff..
Oh and of course Urotsukidoji
But my favourites was always the ghibli stuff.

Wolf's Rain is one of my favourite series ! I like mecha in general, but I could never really get into Evangelion for some reason. Watched Code Geass a month or so ago and it was awesome, one of the best mainstream anime for sure. Also Rahxephon and Gargantia on the Verdourous Planet are good mecha series.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 9:11pm
Maybe not the actual anime, but this sort of counts:
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 4:10pm
I'd recommend Berserk and Gantz....the former is pretty well-grounded in reality w/ good political intrigue and swordplay....though once you get to the last episodes it throws a curve ball at you and things get REALLY f*cked up! 'Quite entertaining I'd say...though if you want to continue after that you'll have to read the manga because they didn't go as far with the anime as they did with the manga...as Gantz, well....I'm not sure how to explain. It's DEFINITELY unique though, basically about a group of people who are teleported some some place and are ordered to kill certain "Aliens" if they want to keep alive(or something like that, idk, my memory's a little shoddy!). In any case it is definitely a worthwhile watch, certainly unique IMO. One other show I like is Gurren Lagann....it's  a bit overblown like some of the lighter hearted animes out there but it's definitely unique for what it is though, it's basically a mech anime where people try to fight against a certain tyrannical...you know I can't think anymore, my mind is shot, lol just check' em out, you shan't regret(hopefully)!

Edited by musiclover60sn70s - 01 Nov 2013 at 4:11pm
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 12:36am
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

Now, the topic title is bullshit, post any anime you found good even if it's kawai to the limits.

I'll start with a "metalhead" title though, whatever that means. Claymore, a very good anime about half-demon women fighting full-blown demons and other monstrosities. Gory and full of swordplay, I recommend.

That shit is supah kawaii Cool

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - 11 Sep 2014 at 12:37am
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 1:14am
I have to check out Claymore again.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:57am
I don't watch as much anime or read as much manga as I used to, but sometimes I'll read or watch some Fullmetal Alchemist or Death Note. Tongue 
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

I don't watch as much anime or read as much manga as I used to, but sometimes I'll read or watch some Fullmetal Alchemist or Death Note. Tongue 

Don't watch that stuff Unitron!! Tongue

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by ProgMetaller2112 ProgMetaller2112 wrote:

I take it you don't like Anime Tongue
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:55pm

I like Pokemon still so I guess I do Tongue. Just clowning you 

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:59pm

I enjoy the original Pokemon still as well, but play the card game and games more then I watch it LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 12:03am

I enjoy the original Pokemon still as well, but play the card game and games more then I watch it LOL

That's the one I am talking about the OG, the rest not so much. When Misty and Brock left I left with them LOL. I enjoy the card and video games too LOL

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 7:26am
Attack on Titan gave me neurosis.
Valdis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 10:23am
The last anime I watched (1 month ago more or less) was Baccano! and it was excellent. It is about immortals and fights between different Mafia families. Perhaps the chronology is a bit confusing at first, but the development of the story is great. Cool
Rely on nothing under heaven.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 12:16pm
The last time I watched anime was some ages ago...I can't remember what it was! But I know I enjoyed Gurren Lagann, despite how overblown it was LOL! 'Mech the size of several galaxies...just saying!LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic