MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report abuse here
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Discographies/Album Art/Other Errors - Report Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discographies/Album Art/Other Errors - Report Here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discographies/Album Art/Other Errors - Report Here
    Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 3:31pm
This isn't really abuse, but I couldn't think of a better place to post this...

Just letting the admins know that part of the Edge of Sanity discography (http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/edge-of-sanity.aspx) is missing (Crimson and Crimson II in particular). I don't think I have permission to add stuff like that, but if I can just let me know Smile

Thanks!

-Jeff

Edited by J-Man - 25 Mar 2010 at 4:32pm
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:00pm
I noticed an omission as well, and am not sure whether I have the power to make any changes.  Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just mention it here.

I was browsing through the artist profiles, and noticed that there was not a cover image for their album "Control And Resistance".  Here it is:

Also missing album cover was Forbidden- Twisted into Form

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/trash-metal%28subgenre%29.aspx
And the Thrash metal section is mislabelled as "Trash". I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section.Smile

Edited by Stooge - 25 Mar 2010 at 4:13pm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:11pm
I changed the name of the thread so we can use this in more situations Smile
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

And the Thrash metal section is mislabelled as "Trash". I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section.Smile

I just noticed that myself! LOL That's pretty hilarious - we should leave it that way! LOLTongue
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I just noticed that myself! LOL That's pretty hilarious - we should leave it that way! LOLTongue

I noticed it too, but I googled it and found this on the trash metal tag description on Last.fm, "Pioneered by Brazillians with a poor grasp of the English language, who couldn�t pronounce the �H� in �Thrash Metal� and corrupted it into �Trash Metal"".
Sleepwalker View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 5:14pm
Never mind. 

Edited by Sleepwalker - 25 Mar 2010 at 5:43pm
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 5:55pm
Painkiller's bio looks like a direct copy from Last.fm, but do we need to know about other (non-metal)acts known as Painkiller?

Edited by A Person - 25 Mar 2010 at 6:01pm
jampa17 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jampa17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 5:57pm

I think we have a little trouble about official discography and bootlegs because I have never seen this album in the official discography of Dream Theater... and there's a lot of albums missed... just want to help but can it be a separation between official discography and special promos and fan club productions? here is the album I talking of...

jampa17 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jampa17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 6:00pm
O.S.I. bio have to parragraphs that said the same, even both start with "1. blablabla" I think one of those was only a draft but it has to be taken away... go metalheads...!!! Thumbs Up
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 7:52pm
I added the album covers for the Watchtower and Forbidden albums. I guess I should thank myself for pointing it out and thank myself once again for fixing it?? LOL
PROGMAN View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROGMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 8:15pm
Is there an automatic system includer for the albums?

Because some CD covers are missing on some albums, even year of release is missing on some.
Metalbaswee View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalbaswee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 5:53am
Because updating the database will be or main duty for the next month(s), i'll sticky it. ;)

progkidjoel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progkidjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 5:58am
Originally posted by jampa17 jampa17 wrote:

I think we have a little trouble about official discography and bootlegs because I have never seen this album in the official discography of Dream Theater... and there's a lot of albums missed... just want to help but can it be a separation between official discography and special promos and fan club productions? here is the album I talking of...

Thanks Jampa, that disc was never officially released; it should be removed over the next few days
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progkidjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 6:04am
Originally posted by jampa17 jampa17 wrote:

O.S.I. bio have to parragraphs that said the same, even both start with "1. blablabla" I think one of those was only a draft but it has to be taken away... go metalheads...!!! Thumbs Up
Thanks Jampa, fixed!
1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 9:47am
I've open these two threads:

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:25pm
Thanks. They info's now added.
1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 3:00am
Thanks!

Limb Music Products (LMP 0310-061 CD/ SPV CD 085-65842)

Edited by 1967/ 1976 - 30 Apr 2010 at 3:04am
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by 1967/ 1976 1967/ 1976 wrote:

Thanks!

Limb Music Products (LMP 0310-061 CD/ SPV CD 085-65842)

Done! Thanks
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic