MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Herman Rarebell on Scorpions 2011 tour, his newCD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Herman Rarebell on Scorpions 2011 tour, his newCD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoudTrax.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Herman Rarebell on Scorpions 2011 tour, his newCD
    Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 3:54pm
hi guys,

i had a chat last week with Herman Rarebell, Scorpions drummer for over 20 years. He has a new CD and audio book out as well. A great gentlemen and we had a nice interview which i think you'll find interesting. hope you like, and please send back comments!
Antonio / LoudTrax.com

Interview (it's a bit long, you can read all of it here http://www.loudtrax.com/Interviews.aspx:

Herman Rarebell (Scorpions, Herman Ze German) chats with LoudTrax.com
by AM 16. July 2010 23:23

Herman Rarebell, aka Herman Ze German has been on the front lines of Heavy Rock for over 3 decades. He has written and performed such rock classics as �Rock You Like a Hurricane, "Dynamite", "Blackout", "Bad Boys Running Wild", "Tease Me Please Me", as a key member and drummer of the Scorpions. Herman Ze German released his solo project �take it as it Comes� earlier this year on Dark Star Records.

We had the pleasure of speaking with on July 9, 2010. Here is the text version of our conversation.

LoudTrax.com: Well Herman, it�s a real pleasure to speak you from Montreal, Canada. We�ll get to the Scorpions questions later on, but for now, let�s talk about what�s new. 

Herman Rarebell: Let�s start by saying that I always had a great time in Montreal with the Scorpions and I wanted to say thanks to the fans for always showing their support over the years.

LoudTrax.com: Your latest album � Take it As it Comes� was released in March of this year on Dark Star Records. Tell us about the new album and how it came about.

Herman Rarebell: In fact I have been working on this album for quite a while, it was a team work effort. I chose the songs to record carefully to ensure the quality for the listener. Taking a look at a few songs, for example, the title �Take it as it comes� really is my life philosophy, especially now-a-days. Be calm, be cool about things before you drive yourself crazy. There�s also a new modern version of the song I wrote many years ago with Klaus (Meine), �Rock you like a Hurricane�.

Song No. 13 �Your Love is Hurting� is a radio version of the ballad, the difference here is that my wife does the solo on the saxophone. I�m very happy with the end result.

LoudTrax.com: There�s been mixed reviews on this album from critics. More importantly though, what has been the reaction from your fans, the people that matter most, on the new album so far?

Herman Rarebell: The reaction was really great. There were some comments about the "Rock You Like A Hurricane" version, but I really wanted to make a new modern version of the song. Instead of having the guitar solos, I had the saxophone solo. This worked out well with my wife being such a great saxophone player. It was fun working with the family along with a great guitarist from Munich which make up a killer band for the record. Everyone in the band writes, looks and sounds great, a great band to go out and play live

LoudTrax.com: Are you planning a tour with this band?

Herman Rarebell: Well first I want to introduce this band and project to the public so they get to know the project and get used to the songs, and then and perform those songs live.

LoudTrax.com: After having had so much success with the live shows, and massive hit singles, what were your expectations and goals for your new solo album?

Herman Rarebell: I think the album has really good potential because there�s really good songs on it. The songs were written by myself, my wife, lead singer, guitarist, so everyone contributed. I acted as the producer and selected what songs worked best. Now I look forward to coming and performing these songs live.

LoudTrax.com: The album comes in a special 2 CD set which includes your audio book �My Life as a Scorpion�. 

Herman Rarebell: The audio book and 2 CD set is a very limited edition, we only pressed 1000 of these, which I hope will get to the die hard fans. In the audio book "My Life as a Scorpion" I give inside information about the Scorpions, because after all I spent 20 years with them, so there�s lots to talk about. I made it a little bit funny and light, just me telling a story.

LoudTrax.com: I can imagine there were good times and not so good times in the band. What are some of the moments that you cherish the most about leaving your mark in the history of Heavy Rock?

Herman Rarebell: One moment for me was really the Moscow Music Peace Festival where we played in front of 135,000 fans at the Moscow stadium. You could see that the "Wind of Change" was going to happen because people did not want war, people wanted freedom. They had enough of communism. You could feel this atmosphere in the stadium and it was a great moment for me.

Of course when the (Berlin) Wall goes down and we played "The Wall" with Rogers Waters from Pink Floyd. There was 400,000 people watching this where the Wall was and this was just a fantastic moment for me. 

LoudTrax.com: Scorpions started off the show...

Herman Rarebell: In the Flesh! We started the show and came to the show with these white long limousenes and there were about 40 motor bikes on stage, it looked awesome! So we started with "In the Flesh" and then played it later on. This was really a show that sticks in my mind until this day.

There was also in 1983 where we played the US Festival concert held in San Bernadino, California during Memorial Day Weekend of 1983 as a special guest to Van Halen. Imagine on this date Ozzy Osbournce and Motley Crue were the opening acts! In the afternoon, Quiet Riot played as well. 375,000 people attended!

LoudTrax.com: Speaking of The Wall, have you seen Rogers Waters on tour this time around?

Herman Rarebell: Actually no I have not seen him this time. I�ve seen him on the last tour in Stuggart and I went to see him and it was good fun, but haven�t seen him since.

LoudTrax.com: Have you seen the Scorpions perform on the recent tour?

Herman Rarebell: Yes on the recent tour we saw each other in Munich but not since. They want to do 2 runs on their current tour. The first run is with the lineup they have now. Then in 2011 they want to go out with myself and special guest Michael Schenker, and Uli Jon Roth.

LoudTrax.com: So when you look at James Kottak, the current drummer, do you sometimes think �man I wish he would played that roll like this, or that part different�etc��

continue reading here:http://blog.loudtrax.com/post/Herman-Rarebell-%28Scorpions-Herman-Ze-German%29-chats-with-LoudTraxcom.aspx
LoudTrax.com - Rock, Metal, Punk downloads
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image