MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beer!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Poll Question: Which of the following beers is your favourite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [4.35%]
3 [13.04%]
1 [4.35%]
2 [8.70%]
1 [4.35%]
1 [4.35%]
1 [4.35%]
1 [4.35%]
2 [8.70%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.35%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [26.09%]
3 [13.04%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 5:13pm
Being Italian, wine would be my alcoholic beverage of choice. However, since I have a very low tolerance for alcohol, beer is a much better option - but it must be really good (no Budweiser for me, I'm afraidWink). If I had to choose a favourite, I'd go for Belgian lambic, especially the ones brewed with real fruit (cherries, raspberries, peaches... take your pick). 
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Being Italian, wine would be my alcoholic beverage of choice. However, since I have a very low tolerance for alcohol, beer is a much better option - but it must be really good (no Budweiser for me, I'm afraidWink). If I had to choose a favourite, I'd go for Belgian lambic, especially the ones brewed with real fruit (cherries, raspberries, peaches... take your pick). 

if that was the stuff that ONE glass had you and me, on a full stomach, staggering down the streets of Georgetown... then I'm changing my vote.  Newcastles are good.. but can drink them like water
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 11:43am
I'd rather drink the real Budweiser (the Czech beer) than its US name-thief
But for now, I'll settle for a Mort Subite Kriek that Raff seems to appreciate...
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 1:05pm
Mort SubiteHeart
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

http://www.piwaregionalne.pl/media/zdjecia/ciechan-miodowe.jpg

Honey beer! Clap

god that looks good Smile

And it is! Smile
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 4:54pm

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

http://www.piwaregionalne.pl/media/zdjecia/ciechan-miodowe.jpg

Honey beer! Clap

god that looks good Smile

And it is! Smile

don't suppose you can put one of those in a zipfile and email me one could you?LOL

Need to find that .. should be able to.. can find anything in DC if you look hard  enough.  Don't believe for a second that the staff of the Polish embassy here drinks Buttwiper, Killer High Life,or Shlitts Malt Liquor
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 8:19am
I am on a mission today...Smile to find myself a decent number of fine, rare and/or unusual beers in town so that I may sample them all and give feedback Big smile. I have not planned out what I intend to get, but what I do know is that they will probably be from Aldi, Lidl and my local butchers who has a section of fine Scottish alcoholic beverages and sweets at the back Tongue. Will update you all with what I get when I return. Wish me luck! Thumbs Up
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 11:19am
Originally posted by FusionKing FusionKing wrote:

^
The inclusion of non-alcoholic beers is cool with me too you know...it's still beer, though I don't know if you're into that sort of alternative. Thumbs Up

I know this sounds trite, but I don't like the taste of beer, so I see no reason to drink it. And, due to pricinple and personal experiences of tragedy, I abstain from drinking alcohol. I know that this deviates from the stereotypical image of a metalhead and from the stereotypical image of masculinity, but I don't really care.

That being said, I do like malt beer, like Kongens Bryghus Hvidt�l and Nisse�l, both of which have a really low alcohol percentage. I've also tasted Albani's Power Malt beer, which is quite good, too.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 12:39pm
My mission is complete! Big smile I have unusual beer.
Here's the details...
Wychcraft- A blonde beer from the Wychwood Brewery in Oxford, England made with three hops and three malts. (4.5% vol.)
Goliath- A ruby bitter ale brewed with various malts and hops, again from the Wychwood Brewery in Oxford. (4.2% vol.)
Fraoch- A Scottish Heather Ale, using a 16th century recipe. (5.0% vol.)
Alba- A Scottish tawny pine ale with elements of spruce added. Originally a Viking tipple apparently. (7.5% vol.)
Ebulum- A Scottish elderberry black ale, another 16th century recipe. Originally however, elderberry ale was a Welsh druidic idea. (6.5% vol.)
Kelpie- A Scottish seaweed ale. (4.4% vol.)
I will tell you if they're as nice as they sound over the next week or so!
Cheers! ...and happy drinking to all! Thumbs Up
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 6:09pm

Kelpie- A Scottish seaweed ale. (4.4% vol.)

I will tell you if they're as nice as they sound over the next week or so!
Cheers! ...and happy drinking to all! Thumbs Up

hah.. I've drank many things over my colorful past as a frickin power drinker, passionate and fun-loving drunk and serial self abuser... but can't say I've drank a seaweed ale. I need a report on that one...LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 9:59am
Ahh... so Micky would like a report on the Kelpie seaweed ale! LOL
You're in luck then mate 'cause I've got through three of the six beers so far, of which the Kelpie is one of those I've tried. My review on it may surprise you! Big smile Here goes...
Kelpie seaweed ale- 5/5 if I were to rate it.
Light, somewhat frothy and satiny smooth texture. Not remotely watery. Soft malty aftertaste with salty elements, a little bit like an undercurrent of the thin seaweed round sushi rolls. The direct taste of the ale is a smooth, silky malt flavour, with elements of herbiness with a soft bitterness which does not interfere with the other flavours. It is also very refreshing, which is surprising when one considers that lagers/blonde beers are more likely to act as thirst quenchers than ales...but this ale does a fine job of that too. Has a very slight smell of the sea. Might I also add that the seaweed in ale technique is 400 years old, known to Scottish islanders and coastal peoples. Smile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 2:40pm
Just finished the Alba pine ale...It's got a hell of a kick to it... Wacko
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 3:58pm

Ahh... so Micky would like a report on the Kelpie seaweed ale! LOL
You're in luck then mate 'cause I've got through three of the six beers so far, of which the Kelpie is one of those I've tried. My review on it may surprise you! Big smile Here goes...
Kelpie seaweed ale- 5/5 if I were to rate it.
Light, somewhat frothy and satiny smooth texture. Not remotely watery. Soft malty aftertaste with salty elements, a little bit like an undercurrent of the thin seaweed round sushi rolls. The direct taste of the ale is a smooth, silky malt flavour, with elements of herbiness with a soft bitterness which does not interfere with the other flavours. It is also very refreshing, which is surprising when one considers that lagers/blonde beers are more likely to act as thirst quenchers than ales...but this ale does a fine job of that too. Has a very slight smell of the sea. Might I also add that the seaweed in ale technique is 400 years old, known to Scottish islanders and coastal peoples. Smile

hah...  learn something new everyday.  That sounds ...hell... damn interesting.  Worth a try if I can find one of those here on our side of the pond.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 4:33pm
It is seriously worth a try...trust me on that one. Thumbs Up Just going to crack open a bottle of Ebulum, the elderberry ale. Looks like a stout. Hope it's as good as all the others I've got through.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 4:34pm
Yep. Definately as good as the others. Big smile Cheers dudes! Thumbs Up
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 4:37pm
thanks for the report!  Keep em coming. Thumbs Up
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 4:37pm
There is story of a restaurant/bar located in Toledo that has at least one of every beer in the world.  Story goes that if you ask for a certain beer and they don't have it then you don't get that beer. Shocked  

Actually, I don't remember what they would do if they didn't have that beer, but I think that maybe you would get your meal for free or something.  I've not been to this place so I am not 100% it exists or still exists but that is the legend any how.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 4:41pm
Will do. I'll do a report on the Alba, Ebulum, Goliath and Wychcraft... and maybe one on the Fraoch tonight Thumbs Up, however, I'd like to drink some more first! LOL
DefeatedWorld View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefeatedWorld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 5:23pm
Hahaha In Spain we have a beer called 'Cruzcampo'  this is better muahaha! 
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 6:05pm
I rarely drink beer, but there are very few I've had that I dislike.  I usually just buy the typical brands at The Beer Store: Molson Canadian, Lakeport, MGD, Corona, etc. 

One of my favorite beers is Rickard's Red.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic