Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Logo Art/Illustrations and Layout!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Logo Art/Illustrations and Layout!!!
    Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 5:14pm
Hello Metalheadz,

Tony Velasquez here, otherwise known as "MAVIIIVAM"
Not only do I love to write about my fave musics in Metal, I am a Artist/Illustrator in the Film
and Video Game Industry as a Conceptual Artist.
But I also do Band Logos, CD/Album Layouts and Art Covers!  And T-Shirt designs &
layout.
I draw everything out by hand in Pencil and scan into Photoshop where I tweak and colour.

My specialties lie in Heavy Metal, Thrash, Death Metal, Progressive Metal/Rock. And have
created Hard Rock Logos as well.

Please look at my Galleries:

Logoworx:
http://mavartworx.deviantart.com/gallery/#L-O-G-O-W-O-R-X

To further show my skills, look at various subjects in my Gallery:
http://mavartworx.deviantart.com/gallery/#_browse

Rates and details/steps:
I feel it is always good up-front "To know what the process is". So below are the steps of my
regiment and how Transactions work, so that there are no surprises.

1. For Logo Art, price begins at $250.00 (depending on difficulty and detail), believe me (and check
around) this is a low price-though I cant go lower. The final price is settled after we discuss what
is needed.
Album covers and Layout vary, please let us discuss what you need.
You will get quality and professional work worth Thousands (Hey! its my Art out there Wink)!
a. The estimate for "How Long" will be determined after assessing what the details are.
2. A Deposit is required before Job starts-which is Half of what agreed price will be.
This shows "In Good Faith" that you are serious about the transactions, and on your end- it gives
me a "goal" to reach for the Final Payment.
a. I do not accept Pay-Pal for the reason of past experience of "On-Line Theft". So I no longer do that.
(Sorry folks-especially outside the U.S., I told myself I shouldnt do it, and after a few times, my
nightmare finally happened).
b. What I can do for your assurance is communicate with you regularly with updates. I can also
 send you "Testimonials" on my work ethic and character from Europeans I've done work for :D
c. I send a "Email Receipt" for ALL Transactions made, for your Records.
d. Secured Checks are accepted -After they clear, I continue the work.
3. If you are in the greater Los Angeles (Calif.) area, I can meet with you and sketch out ideas.
For those abroad, the sketches apply as well, we can go back and forth until you feel the Logo
sketches look just right! 
a. I then clean-up and finalize the Linework to your satisfaction and start to colour it.
b. All Art will be Large and at a high resolution, that way they can be printed at any size, Large or
Small.
4. When Art is done, I send a low res "SAMPLE" for you to approve, when I receive Final Payment,
I send a CD Disc with all the Masters (You hold ALL rights to the work-I just put the Art in my
Portfolio) .
Or I can send in a secure File Share Link (If in LA, I can meet you in-person with CD).
I send a Final Email Receipt for the transaction.
5. Please contact me here at my PM and we will discuss your needs and I will forward my Email
to you.

Hope that all sounds reasonable . . .

Thanks for your time and I hope you enjoy my Art!  I look forward in working with you! Big smile

-M A V A R T W O R X

Note: I do not do "Gore", Satanic Logos or images, but I can suggest to you Artists that do and
supply their info.

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 19 Aug 2010 at 4:52am
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 10:54am
Cool! I'm just going in to another college to do three years of Graphic Design so I can do the same thing.
If you want I'll go take a look at your stuff and give you my impressions later. I'm sure they will be very nice indeed. Good to know you have a similar interest.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:06pm

Dude! Just checked your stuff (and your message) It's excellent. Quite similar to some of the stuff I like doing myself when it comes to logo design. As for the manga style peices in your gallery, those are as good as any work in the popular Japanese comics that I've seen. It's all to my taste without a doubt.

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 7:40pm
Thanks man! Big smile
That means alot! I hope your Art takes off as well and that you become a great success! Thumbs Up
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 6:46am
I've seen some of MAVI's designs in use, and they rock! ;-)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 11:45am
Unfortunately, I don't have anything online for you to check out at the moment.Cry
I only have my little portfolio booklet that I used to show what I knew to the tutors at the college.
(It's still just bits and bobs in pen and pencil for now as I've only just started getting really into it Embarrassed) See, I signed up to do an NC (National Certificate) in Graphic and Digital Design, which I start in September. It lasts one year, after which I would then move up to the HND (Higher National Diploma) which lasts two years, allowing me to then go freelance, into an agency or continue my studies on it to an even higher level at one of the universities of art in the UK. Star Hope that has cleared up some details for you. I'll let you know if I put any stuff up on the computer in future though, as that is my intention. Cheers.Thumbs Up
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 12:01pm

I'm also trying out some calligraphy and landscape painting, but only as a hobby for the moment, though I'm sure it will come in handy for my design stuff at some point or another when I get my techniques the way I really want them.

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 4:50am
Well I wish you well on all that Fusion, you'll get there in due time, just take baby steps and learn from some of the masters out there and find your own style . . . and NEVER give up! Thumbs Up
. . . and thanks Sig! very kind! (sorry for the VERY late response Tongue).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic