Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Controlled Bleeding to be reissued

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Controlled Bleeding to be reissued
    Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 3:02pm
Name any given musical style and there�s a 99% chance that Controlled Bleeding had already explored it. Some still call them an industrial group, which is nothing short from inappropriate. Sure, their music is strongly based on electronics and most of their works is pure cybernetic noise but this formation goes beyond industrial and beyond music itself in that matter.

In 1992 the band surprised their fans, releasing �Penetration� for Roadrunner Records � a label known mainly for promoting metal. �Penetration� was not completely out of place in that matter, as the sound of distorted guitars could be heard all throughout the album. Especially �Auto-Grind� and �In-Penetration� showed strong metal influences, the latter being nothing more than a mechanized thrash number. As always, the band presented a whole variety of styles � one could find dark ambient in �Consecration Will�, funk in �Blessed is the Burning Room� and gothic in the final track, �Awakened Beneath The Ground�. Lemos & co. also served something special for the fans of their previous experiments � �Scrap Metal (Part 3 � Live� is a beautifully demented track full of piercing and paralyzing noise. All in all, with �Penetration�, Controlled Bleeding came closer than ever to sounding like such groups as Ministry or KMFDM�

�Penetration� remains one of the most significant albums in the band�s career. Delivering an impressive variety of styles and inspirations, this collection of unforgettable tracks can be truly called a masterpiece of experimental music. And today Metal Mind Productions re-release the album in the new digipak edition limited to 2000 copies. Digitally remastered using 24-Bit process, released on a golden disc. The album will be available on 2nd August in Europe and 5th October in USA (via MVD).

Controlled Bleeding
�Penetration� (remastered)

Label: Metal Mind Records
Cat. No.: MASS CD 1368 DG
Barcode: 5907785036031
Format: CD Digipak (limited edition of 2000 numbered copies)
Genre: Industrial
Release date: 02.08.2010 Europe / 5.10.2010 USA

Tracklist:

1. Blessed Is The Burning Room
2. Now Is The Time
3. Auto-Grind (Vocal Mix)
4. Consecration�s Will
5. Dead Man Reality
6. In Penetration (J.A.T.H. Remix)
7. Will To Power (And Throwin� Down)
8. Praying In Fire
9. Scrap Metal (Part 3 � Live)
10. Awakened Beneath The Ground

Bio
Controlled Bleeding was originally formed around 1978 in Boston, Massachusetts by Paul Lemos, Dave Southerland and Jack Salerno. In an interview with Brian Duguid, Paul Lemos explained why the band emerged in the first place: �Music has been my only love since I was about 10 years old. I don't know what stimulated this, but it has existed as long as I can recall. I think that some people need a creative outlet to balance their overall existence and allow for stability, and music serves this need for me.� The original line-up did not last for long, as Lemos moved to Massapequa, New York, where he continued to work on his music with old school mates, Tony Meola and Gary Pecorino. Soon the group recorded their first material, delivering sounds that were best described as an eclectic, instrumental mixture of The Ramones and The Mahavishnu Orchestra. In the early 80�s they started playing live shows, most notably at the legendary CBGB�s and Stony Brook University. Some of the live tracks along with various demos and other recordings were released as the �Dutch� EP  (long out of print) � which the band issued under the name Body Sink. Tired of lack of response to instrumental music, the group decided to add a vocalist. Through a music paper add they found Joe Papa � a three hundred pound scat singing eccentric. His presence triggered the departure of Gary Pecorino, who wasn�t happy with the direction the band was heading for. With newly recruited drummer Chris Moriarty and some additional musicians, Controlled Bleeding went on to work on new material but after their first disastrous show the extended line-up got once again reduced to the one-man mastermind � Paul Lemos. Paul begun experimenting with noise music, which resulted in releasing a compilation tape called �Swallowing Scrap Metal� in 1982. �I've always been interested in the most extreme music I could find� � he later commented, �This has been the case all my life in the late 60s through the 90s.� The tape became a surprising success on the local underground scene. Lemos once again drafted Joe Papa and Chris Moriarty, and together they went on to compose tons of new material, releasing demo cassettes on a regular basis. The band�s album which is considered to be their official debut was released in 1983, under the title �Knees and Bones�.
Throughout the following few years Controlled Bleeding recorded a number of albums, slowly progressing from noise to other musical styles. Mixing various influences  was always the key element to the band�s success. As Paul Lemos said: �I've always been very open to music of various styles and this openness just broadens as I get older and as my tastes move back to musics of the 1100s - 1500s, music that I knew little of when I was twenty years old. So, as I become involved with different musics, as a listener, I find inspiration.� Albums such as �Core�, �Body Samples� or �Songs From The Drain� brought a dazzling combination of noise, prog rock, free-jazz and sacred music.
With the release of �Trudge� for WaxTrax! Records in 1990, Controlled Bleeding entered the more commercial market, offering recordings that were easier to get into by regular music lovers. In 1992 the band surprised their fans, releasing �Penetration� for Roadrunner Records � a label known mainly for promoting metal. �Penetration� was not completely out of place in that matter, as the sound of distorted guitars could be heard all throughout the album.
Paul Lemos soon got tired with the commercial marketplace and went on back to creating purely experimental music, focused mainly on dark ambient sounds. This resulted in releasing such great albums as �The Drowning�, �Inanition� and �Poisoner�. After 1997 Chris Moriarty decided to pursue his own career with the group Body Clock, while Lemos and Papa continued to develop new, fascinating material. Throughout the years Paul Lemos got involved in various side-project, the most popular of which were Skin Chamber, Fat Hacker, In Blind Embrace and Joined at the Head. Controlled Bleeding exists to this very day, constantly infecting the scene with their bizarre, yet mind-blowing sounds. Their last known release from 2009 is called �Gibbering Canker-Opera Slaves (Studies In Meditation and Evisceration) Volume One�.

--------------------------------------
Metal Mind Productions - Promo Dept.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic