MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative Band Names

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative Band Names
    Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 9:08am
Just a thought. We have plenty of bands on here where the artist has changed their name, but all of the artist's releases are on the same page (as it's the same band with a different monicker). I added one today where the band was known as Morbid Theory and then decided to change to Osyron (same band) - http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/osyron.aspx?ac=morbid
Now, the site's search function works fine usually with these bands, allowing the user to search under the old name. I just wonder whether it would be sensible having the alternative band name listed under the alphabetical listings too. So in my example, Morbid Theory would be listed under the Ms, and Osyron under O (both linking through to the same page). If I've picked up a demo by Morbid Angel and search under M, I'd possibly assume that the band wasn't on the site. I wouldn't necessarily think to also check using the search function.
Again, not a show-stopper by any means but just a thought!
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 1:42am
Is a good idea.

Anybody heard from Max or Phil in the last year???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic