MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Circle II Circle Studio Diary with Johnny Osborn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Circle II Circle Studio Diary with Johnny Osborn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoudTrax.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Circle II Circle Studio Diary with Johnny Osborn
    Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 10:52am
Hey guys, after the Zak Stevens interview and Bassist Mitch Stewart's diary, Circle II Circle drummer Johnny Osborn just sent us his diary from the recording sessions of the 5th Circle II Circle album "Consequence of Power". 

Zak Stevens' Circle II Circle has been working hard on their highly anticipated 5th studio album "Consequence of Power". Bassist Mitch Stewart recently sent LoudTrax.com his diary (read it Here). It's now drummer Johnny Osborn's turn to send us his diary from the recording sessions. Album is set for a Fall 2010 release on Germany's AFM Records.

Studio Diary by Johnny Osborn

Buy / Listen to Circle II Circle Here: http://www.loudtrax.com/Artist/circleiicircle

THROW DOWN ON DRUMS W/ JOHNNY OSBORN & CIRCLE II CIRCLE�S FIFTH DEBUT ALBUM: CONSEQUENCE OF POWER

Osborn Chronicles. Chapter #1.

Went into SWEET SPOT studios & started setting the drums up for CONSEQUENCE OF POWER. I am really looking forward to it because I really like this studio. Working w/ the owner Jim Fox, is always a treat. I always like to go in early, the night before and stretch out new drum heads on my custom Joey Jordison double bass kit. This kit is set up a lot different than most drummers and tuned a lot lower than most, consisting of 10� & 12� drums on the far left a 13� drum in the middle and a 14� on the right w/ a 13� Pork Pie metal screamer snare. My cymbals consist of a variety of brands Zildjian, Sabian, & Meinl. The cymbals are also set up a little stranger than the average drummers set up consisting of a set of 13� hi hats on the left and a set of 14� hi hats on the right. An 18� china on the right and an 18� china on the left. Two 18� crash cymbals in the center right & center left position and two 16� crash cymbals on the outside. The ride cymbal placement is low center right.

Stick of choice used on CONSEQUENCE OF POWER is Vic Firth the Metal series and of course Massimo Mallets. As soon as we got set up, we started placing all of the microphones and tuning the drums. All the microphones we used consisted of Neumann, Sennheiser & Shure. Worked a couple of hours on placement and we were ready to throw down the next day.

We began the next days session pounding out "Consequence of Power" & "Episodes of Mania". I love to start off my sessions w/ rocking songs to blow off some good solid adrenaline! Then we started knocking out some very special bonus tracks, (I can�t release which ones! It�s a surprise!) Next we started on "Out Of Nowhere" & "Symptoms Of Fate". Once I get in a great grove, I love to slam it out. Called it a day and proceeded to hit our family�s condo in New Port Ritchie, have a couple of drinks and chill by the pool.

Woke up the next morning, had a killer work out, took over the pool again for some quick sun and headed out to the studio. Did some over dubs for some cymbal swells and double checked some of my previous days work. As we went along, we started into the song "Mirage" and decided to also track the song "Remember". I really love that song. Feeling great & pounding away, getting into a killer groove. After about 9 hrs, decided to chill and head back to the condo. Of course�had a couple drinks! My belief is you need to play as much as you work! Checked out kind of early & got some rest.

Next day and the final tracking session, grabbed some breakfast, had a nice work out, checked out the pool and headed directly to the studio. We began going over all the previous tracks, looking over things and decided to bust into tracking the song "Call Of The Master". This is such a killer song. I really LOVE Andy�s leads in this song. After we felt good about that one, we busted into "Whispers In Vain" & "Blood Of An Angel". O.M.G. I can�t wait for this record to come out. CONSEQUENCE OF POWER will be the best record Circle II Circle has ever released. Mitch�s smoking bass, rhythm & key playing along w/ Andy Lee�s space age leads and Zak Stevens singing better than he EVER has� will put this record to #1!!! To everyone who reads this... Get CONSEQUENCE OF POWER right away!

Osborn Chronicles
LoudTrax.com - Rock, Metal, Punk downloads
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic