MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interview with Metal Blade artist AEON

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoudTrax.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interview with Metal Blade artist AEON
    Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 2:39pm
hi guys, i had a chance to interview Zeb Nilsson from the great death metal band AEON. Their new album "Path of Fire" is out now on Metal Blade records. Here is the interview...let me know what you think AM INTERVIEW  
AEON's Zeb Nilsson talks about new album "Path of Fire" by AM 8. June 2010 00:58 AEON is one of the world's most heralded blasphemous death metal bands. They released their third full length album, Path of Fire, on Metal Blade Records on May 25, 2010. This album is the follow up to their Metal Blade debut, Rise to Dominate, and 2003's Bleeding The False. We caught up with guitarist Zeb Nilsson for an interview. See AEON artist page and Buy albums / singles at www.LoudTrax.com LoudTrax.com Path of Fire is out! The recording of this album started in 2009. How do you feel about the record now that it�s sealed and delivered? Have you listened to it yourselves many times since the recording process? Zeb Nilsson I feel pretty good about it, to me this is the strongest album yet. I am eager to see how the reactions will be and to read the reviews. And also I am looking forward to play the songs live too. And yeah, I�ve been listening to it several times cause I am so happy with Erik�s job with the mix. LoudTrax.com The way the instrumental �Total Kristus Inversus� leads into �Of Fire� is just incredible, and my favorite part of the album. Tell us about those 2 tracks and if the instrumental was always meant to lead into �Of Fire�. Zeb Nilsson Yeah that ended up cool right? Actually that intro was not planned before we were in the studio, but then I saw this old acoustic guitar standing there and I picked it up and just messed around with it since I haven�t really played an acoustic since collage, and then I came with the idea to use that as an intro for "Of Fire". So I asked Daniel to make some creepy background noise with a low A# tone in it that I could add some middle east tones to. He is really good at doing those kind of things, and I thought that if we use that, and add an acoustic we will have a intro with some more feeling to it. And this is how it ended up. LoudTrax.com Are there any tracks on the new album that stick out as one of your favorites? Zeb Nilsson That depends on my mood I guess. But the ones that I guess will be the songs that we will perform live with is �Forgiveness Denied�, �Kill Them All�, �Of Fire�, �Liar� and �God of War�. But there are some really cool other songs on it too, but those are really cool any day I guess. LoudTrax.com I read that AEON plays to a click track on live shows. How did you guys decide to do that and was it hard adapting to that at first? Zeb Nilsson Usually Nils is playing after a click both in studio and live, cause if he don�t he always plays them so fast that some heavier parts may loose their grooviness. But over the last year I think he hasn�t used it live at all but I think we delivered anyway. On our tour with Hate Eternal and Misery Index he didn�t use it. LoudTrax.com What are the tour plans for AEON and is North America part of those plans? Zeb Nilsson Actually there are no tours planned for the moment, but we certainly hope that there will be. Touring is what we all love to do the most. North America is the place that we would die for to be able to tour, but so far promoters are not willing to pay us anything in North America, and Metal Blade are not able to help us financially since the industry is suffering so bad from (illegal) downloading from internet so I don�t know if we will ever be able to get there. But that�s what we have been wanting to do so badly for so long. LoudTrax.com The �Bleeding the False� album is widely regarded as one of the heaviest albums released in the past decade. Is that something that, as a band, you have in mind while recording and working on the 2 albums after �Bleeding The False�? Zeb Nilsson No not really. We just do it the best that we can like we always do. If I would ever feel like I couldn�t top any of the old albums I would just quit playing. LoudTrax.com I recently interviewed Paul Mazurkiewicz of Cannibal Corpse and asked him what new bands have caught his attention. He pointed to the �AEON� hat he was wearing and said �them�. How important is it for you and the band to hear such praise form one of the legends of Death metal? Zeb Nilsson Having both Paul and Alex from Cannibal Corpse giving us tons and tons of creds is of course very helpful for us. Having such a big band telling their fans to go check out in almost every other interview that they do for like the last 4 years is more PR than any advertising could give us. We are so grateful to them for this, and if I ever can do as big favor for them as they do for us, I would not hesitate. LoudTrax.com Thank you for taking time to interview LoudTrax.com, the Rock, Metal, Punk download site. Zeb Nilsson thank you for a intelligent and more interesting interview... -------------- Thanks to Sarah Lutz from Metal Blade for hooking up this interview. Visit Aeon's Official Website, www.aeon666.com Download Metal Blade Records albums at LoudTrax.com
LoudTrax.com - Rock, Metal, Punk downloads
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 2:39pm
Thumbs Up
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 3:05pm
I'm familiar with their first two albums, listened to those around 2007 quite much. Perhaps I'll check out their latest audial desecration too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic