MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

is there some NONE PA members here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RuneWalsh2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 7:27am
^ Well said mate! Clap

Wait... are those suspenders?!?
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 8:46pm
i'm not a PA user but actually one of my friend, GATOT, is the honorary collaborator there, probably you know him as a big Marillion-Fish fan :)

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Harry Harry wrote:

PA member here but I stopped posting there basically.

I am however still a regular at metalguitarist.org, ultimatemetal.com and sevenstring.org (it's virtually a metal site even if 7 string guitars are used outside metal), and I came here just looking for another site to just chat about some metal with some people

My brother frequents the sevenstring.org message boards.  I don't recall what his user name is, but he has (or used to have) an avatar of Spock from Star Trek.
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progkidjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 5:32am
Originally posted by Stephen Stephen wrote:

i'm not a PA user but actually one of my friend, GATOT, is the honorary collaborator there, probably you know him as a big Marillion-Fish fan :)

Yeah, Gatot is one of my favourite reviewers - used his reviews as a guide when I was first getting into Marillion.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 12:52am
never go on PA 
Also, 
THREAD REVIVAL BATMAN!!!

The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 1:50am
It only makes sense that at first, a large population from this site would also be PA-ers.
I mean, were else is it going to start from?
As many here know I am a long time member of PA (sadly now halfway up the first page on the memberlist....)

But it's ok because I see more people not from PA Big smile
We're like America to the British Empire. Grown out of the great power but now growing on our own and will soon rule the internet LOL
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 5:49am
What I find most interesting about this thread ( and a bit sad too) are all the people who initially came over from PA with a lot of good intentions and interest in MMA but soon vanished into thin air. In the future I�m sure the members on MMA will be a good mix of people who came here from PA and people who found MMA through other sources. MMA ( while still lacking in some areas) is now, one year after it went live, a rather well established site with a philosophy of its own. There�s no denying that MMA was spawned by PA, but ultimately the way things are done here are quite different from how PA is run. At least when we�re talking Collab activities.

Some of us who came/ come from PA probably need to adjust to that, but it�ll happen in time.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 10:58am
I think there's a lot of people in collab position who are from PA but have never been collabs there, so that brings some freshness I believe.
<- Click on this!
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

I think there's a lot of people in collab position who are from PA but have never been collabs there, so that brings some freshness I believe.

I fall into that category.  Not knowing what it's like behind the scenes of PA, I can't help doing things a bit different.  I came from a metal background before ever hearing King Crimson, or knowing that Genesis were more than "We Can't Dance". Smile
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I fall into that category.  Not knowing what it's like behind the scenes of PA, I can't help doing things a bit different.  I came from a metal background before ever hearing King Crimson, or knowing that Genesis were more than "We Can't Dance". Smile

So do I. I found this site while browsing through PA, but I've been just a little groupie there and I can't say I know the site and forum really well. Besides, just like you Dan, I'm not a real proghead - I've been listening to metal at first place, the more unconventional it was, the better, but I'm not into all of those "classic" prog metal bands like DT, Ayreon or Queenryche, not to mention prog rock classics.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 1:28pm
Oh you're 100% right Jonas, and that's how it should be.

I know finally I made a PMT! LOL 

Same as the above, I am a lowly forum member (though one who's closing in on 24,000 posts Cry) so I have nothing  I can do on PA, though the PMT there seems a wreck always.... Besides I'm glad we've learned from mistakes and seem bent on not repeating them.

And let's hope more outsiders find this site, join and help build it more! Big smile Prog is great but I will always be a metalhead.

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 24 Mar 2011 at 1:31pm

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 2:48pm
Well it might not be apparent for regular members of PA, but the PMT is actually in a very good shape at the moment under the strict leadership of Karl ( Bonnek). Things are moving along much more effective now that the team have a real leader. That commands respect. So here�s one to you KarlClap.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 3:24pm
Oh yeah I have no idea, I just hear rumblings about there being a ton to do and this and that so that's all I can go on.
I also wonder how the inner workings of choosing members for it works....but I'll leave that alone. Im done being bitter about it anywayLOL

Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zargus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 9:13pm
Yes im from PA, but since im actualy more into metal right now then prog, this site will suit me fine i think. Tongue
http://www.riseaboverecords.com/wp-content/uploads/BLOOD-CEREMONY-new-2016.jpg
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 8:33pm
haha sometimes I feel like a n00b or something xD i've never heard of PA or any other sites like that.  
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 12:25am
Originally posted by FallingxSkies FallingxSkies wrote:

haha sometimes I feel like a n00b or something xD i've never heard of PA or any other sites like that.  

This site is a more recent sister to progarchives.com, which is a similar thing but for progressive rock.  

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 02 Sep 2012 at 12:25am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 1:59am
There is a sister site dedicated to jazz too: http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 1:21pm
I have an account on PA, but I came here first, and I only visit the PA forums occasionally.
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 1:34pm
oh thats cool :D i'll check out those sites ^^ (I like jazz helps me sleep which is awesome since ya know insomnia sucks)
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 1:50pm
JMA's discussion isn't very lively tbh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic