Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you doing right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 32>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 12:00pm
I'm trying to put all the files on my PC/external hard drive in some sort of workable order. Really regretting the way I used to just save everything wherever. I have like 3 or 4 copies of the same file in some cases. Have already cleared maybe 200GB of crap out...Dead
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I'm trying to put all the files on my PC/external hard drive in some sort of workable order. Really regretting the way I used to just save everything wherever. I have like 3 or 4 copies of the same file in some cases. Have already cleared maybe 200GB of crap out...Dead

Oh dear! Good look w/ that!
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 9:20pm
Trying to finish my review of Enter Shikari's 'The Mindsweep'. I've been working on it for a couple days now, keep getting distracted or just thinking of stuff to write, there's just so much to say about this album. LOL
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 4:03am
Strangely enough it´s very hard to write about albums that you really like. Especially if you don´t want to come off as a fanboy in love.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 5:34am
I'm playing some pranks LOL
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 10:23am
^Not the worst way of killing time Thumbs Up

I just went to Copenhagen with my wife and kids. We had a great time and I purchased around 10 CDs.

Edited by UMUR - 12 Feb 2015 at 10:25am
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 11:23am
I found a great record shop in Copenhagen where I picked up half a dozen CDs. No idea what it was called, so a bit of a useless comment I guess LOL
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 11:24am
Got completely wasted on Glühwein too, which isn't something I usually drink. Was good at the time though Dead
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Strangely enough it´s very hard to write about albums that you really like. Especially if you don´t want to come off as a fanboy in love.

Yup, that is true. Confused
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Got completely wasted on Glühwein too, which isn't something I usually drink. Was good at the time though Dead

He he yeah that can be some strong stuff. Not really a drink I appreciate.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 12:23pm

I found a great record shop in Copenhagen where I picked up half a dozen CDs. No idea what it was called, so a bit of a useless comment I guess LOL

There are actually not many left. I just found out today that one of the stores I usually purchase music at is gone too.

The last store who sold metal related music in my hometown went bankrupt a couple of years ago, so I have to go to Copenhagen if I want to purchase physical music at a store.

Edited by UMUR - 12 Feb 2015 at 12:24pm
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 12:41pm
Very few here too and none in my home town either. The internet is not the same - it's harder to pick up those gems from the bargain bucket that no-one has heard of and everybody should have!
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 12:43pm

Very few here too and none in my home town either. The internet is not the same - it's harder to pick up those gems from the bargain bucket that no-one has heard of and everybody should have!

I agree, I usually don't like using the internet to purchase CD's, especially obscure stuff. Thankfully I have a heavy metal music store near me LOL 

Also sometimes you can get lucky at thrift stores, I found Slayer's 'Haunting the Chapel' and Tool's 'Aenima' at a thrift store once. Cool

Edited by Unitron - 12 Feb 2015 at 12:44pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 12:46pm
Good record shops are a dying breed, sadly. I found a good one just before Christmas that's not overly far away from me, in a town called Clacton. Picked up a couple of power metal CDs there for £5 each one of them being from a band I'd never heard of (they let me sample in store). I do have a record shop nearer in the town of Sudbury but they don't exactly have a dedicated metal section. You'll find the major bands and maybe some new stuff out but that's the limit. HMV stores are OK but I find they can be pricey. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 12:53pm
As for what I'm doing, I'm waiting for my ebay selling to finish. Done better than I expected on a lot of stuff. Sold my old Sega Megadrive (Genesis to Americans) for £52 (before fees) and several games came in at the £15 - £35 range. Probably paid a lot less than that for most of them back at the time. Before fees my total sales have come in at almost £200 so far, all for retro consoles and games. Mind you I'm probably going to end up with about £30 in fees!

Need the money to help pay off some computer upgrades and replacements (just installed a GTX 970 on Tuesday). 

So if you guys have retro games/consoles you don't play/want and need some extra cash it looks like a good time to sell. 

Edited by adg211288 - 12 Feb 2015 at 1:05pm
GG2U

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^Not the worst way of killing time Thumbs Up

I just went to Copenhagen with my wife and kids. We had a great time and I purchased around 10 CDs.

Ah... that's why darkness descended upon the city and a thousand demons started roaming the streets.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 3:39pm
^You´re damn right it was Big smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 4:50pm
Just finished writing reviews of:

Mad Season - Above

and

Maniac Killer - Amusing Anecdotes for the Depraved

...going from writing about stoned psychadelic rock to writing about goregrind...Yep that´s me Cool

Edited by UMUR - 12 Feb 2015 at 4:51pm
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 7:18am
I'm still sick :-(
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 7:24am
^^ Damn, Kim. Hope you feel better soon, comrade!
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 32>
  Share Topic