Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you doing right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 29303132>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 1:12am
Just thinking about which albums to put in rotation for my next wave of reviews. I was trying to do one for Royal Thunder's last album but as much as I like the release the words just aren't coming. I hate it when that happens. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 2:18am
^Best to just move along then. I always Work on about 30 - 40 different reviews. Sometimes I only write a few lines on one of them before feeling more inspired to write about something else, and then I just move on. That´s why some of my reviews takes years to write. I might have started in 2012 and finish it up in 2017 LOL.

...sometimes a review doesn´t take more than 10 minutes to write, but there may have been extensive research and thoughts about how it was gonna be written, before I do the actual writing. So in that respect the review has taken a much longer time to write than just the 10 minutes.

Currently (which is today) I´m working on rewriting my old review of "Rock Bottom" by Robert Wyatt. The same with my old review of "Gutter Ballet" by Savatage. I´m also working on the "Live Death" split album with Suffocation, Cancer, Exhorder, and Malevolent Creation, and "Fly By Night" by Rush, "Oliver Magnum" by Oliver Magnum, "Legion" by Deicide, and "A Distant Thunder" by Helstar.

Those are just some of the reviews I´m working on right now.

Edited by UMUR - 14 Apr 2016 at 2:22am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 9:32am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^Best to just move along then. I always Work on about 30 - 40 different reviews. Sometimes I only write a few lines on one of them before feeling more inspired to write about something else, and then I just move on. That´s why some of my reviews takes years to write. I might have started in 2012 and finish it up in 2017 LOL.

...sometimes a review doesn´t take more than 10 minutes to write, but there may have been extensive research and thoughts about how it was gonna be written, before I do the actual writing. So in that respect the review has taken a much longer time to write than just the 10 minutes.

Currently (which is today) I´m working on rewriting my old review of "Rock Bottom" by Robert Wyatt. The same with my old review of "Gutter Ballet" by Savatage. I´m also working on the "Live Death" split album with Suffocation, Cancer, Exhorder, and Malevolent Creation, and "Fly By Night" by Rush, "Oliver Magnum" by Oliver Magnum, "Legion" by Deicide, and "A Distant Thunder" by Helstar.

Those are just some of the reviews I´m working on right now.

Finished a complete rewrite of my "Gutter Ballet" review and also finished the review of the "Live Death" split album. I just need to give the latter one more listen, to make sure my draft is what I want to post when the time comes for that.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 9:39am
Oh man I never have more than a few on the go at any one time. Maybe a few shelved to go back to later though. 

I'm probably going to put a few promos in rotation next. I got a much delayed promo of the new Myrath this week (which I'd already listened to weeks ago online) that I expect I'll review and I already gave a first listen to a couple of others last week. As for non-promos I'll probably do a write up for the new Metal Church at some point and I have a started one for the new Obscura that I'd actually forgotten about. I think the new Obscura is decent but I'm not feeling it the same way that I did Omnivium so I haven't been listening to it too much. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 10:30am
^Haven´t gotten around to the Obscura album either. I´m not a huge fan anyways, but I can appreciate how well playing they are and what they are trying to convey, so I do follow their career. Even went to see them live when they came by a venue close to my home.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 11:40am
I have many unfinished reviews saved to my computer, that I just haven't been feeling like finishing. Right now I'm mainly focused on rewriting my old reviews and I want to get started reviewing 2016 albums. I also have some more older albums that I want to review, but before I start writing I wanted to get an idea in my head of how I'll write it.

I find it sometimes helpful to just jot down some main points I want to make, and then when I start writing incorporate those when it fits.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 11:50am
My reviews usually flow easier when I resort to my generic intro (which I subconsciously picked up from Jonas). I've been trying to vary them a bit recently but I find the opening the hardest thing to write sometimes, so when struggling I always fall about on the formula. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 5:08am
I quite often write the intro last. I mean, how do you know what the review is going to be about til you've written it?LOL Often I'll write an intro, finish the review, and go back and delete the intro and write a better one. My editor at the paper hated me writing news stories like that, because she said I should know what I'm intending to write all the way through the story. She was a bitch.Cool

I'm currently considering whether I should go to bed or not. I probably should. Also loading Destiny onto my PS3, which is taking a long long time.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 6:16am
I actually did write the intro last for my most recent review, but only after scrapping the one I wrote at the start. 

Right now I'm trying to shop for my mother's birthday which is on two weeks tomorrow. She's the hardest person to buy for in my family. I dread it every year.
GG2U

vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 12:49am
Resurfacing some used vinyl records with scratches and getting great results
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 5:53am
Managing my ebay listings - been selling off my old Pokemon card collection. My mother also used to complain about me wasting my pocket money on Pokemon cards as a kid, but I've taken almost £300 in card sales alone in the last year.
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 11:43am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Managing my ebay listings - been selling off my old Pokemon card collection. My mother also used to complain about me wasting my pocket money on Pokemon cards as a kid, but I've taken almost £300 in card sales alone in the last year.

You can get a lot of money from old cards, but a lot of people don't seem to get that. I still have all my old Pokemon cards, including a promotional Meowth card that's worth $20 alone. You know, thinking about that I should probably sell that. LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 11:54am
I never had any real valuable promo cards, just sold the ten I did have (such as the ones from the first movie) for £7 (minus fees/postage of course, so I got £4.36 out of them) as a group.

Most valuable card I sold was my Edition 1 Shining Noctowl triple star rarity card which went for £35. 

My exact sales for cards total at £275.69 as of this morning; I'm hoping to get some more bids on the remaining lots I have that end tomorrow. This number is for a total of 104 cards sold, so that works out at £2.65 per card which is pretty good going since a single booster pack cost £2.49 when I was buying them. The amount per card was a lot higher but I've been selling cheaper cards in groups more recently. Most holofoils I've been able to sell solo though and make good money on. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 12:08pm
I didn't get too many real valuable cards either, the few I did get were from trading at a casual tournament I used to go to several years ago. One card that I've noticed that is now worth a lot of money, the base set 1 Charizard, I actually used to have before that but stupidly traded away as I had no idea it would be worth so much later

I actually still enjoy a couple Trading Card Games, as I play quite a bit of Magic: The Gathering.

Edited by Unitron - 01 May 2016 at 12:28pm
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 1:37pm
Going crazy!!!Wacko
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 3:29pm
Writing a review, which is turning into the longest I've ever done.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

Going crazy!!!Wacko

You can get pills for that.Wink

Currently procrastinating. I need to do the dishes and mow the lawn before my missus gets home from work in about six hours. Can't be bothered with either. Might add some bands or update some profiles, play a bit of Playstation, and then wonder where the hell my day went.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 4:41pm
Taking a breather from decorating. Got to get the bedroom finished by this weekend to give the gloss time to dry before new carpet arrives next week. Even been getting up early to do some before work to try and get it done so no time for music this week. Shattered so off to bed Ouch
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 4:51pm
I often wish I was rich enough to employ a decorator, but it does feel good when you can stand back and admire your work once you've finished!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 3:15am
Licking my wounds after yesterdays 0-1 defeat at home. Sunday my football team won 1-0 at home and was finally promoted to the Danish Premier League after a 4 year absence, so yesterdays defeat was a bit of a disappointment. The boys probably had a huge hangover from Sunday´s partying though. I guess it´s understandable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 29303132>
  Share Topic