What are you doing right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 9:25am
Yeah things can get rough in Football, but I�m sure Steve has a few rugby anekdotes that�ll send chills down your spineLOL.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 9:07am
"To be fair, at least 23,000 people in England die per soccer game." - Bill Hicks

"In football, in the stands, you can be sure that at least 27 times during the game you were capable of taking the life of a fellow human being.  Preferably a stranger." - George Carlin
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 2:52am
^The passion is great, the violence which unfortunately often follows that burning passion is not so great. I attend football matches almost every weekend, and that feeling of standing united with the other fans of your team (young and old, men and women) is something really special I�ve never experienced anywhere else. Metal concerts sometimes come close but it�s not the same. I�ve often heard the comparison to going to church for the deeply religious.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I�m slowly getting over the hangover I have after drinking a few beers yesterday at a football (soccer) match. My team was in front (away from home) 1-2 until the 87th minute of the game. Then things went straight to hell and the other team scored two goals within 5 minutes and we lost the game. Fucking shitty gameAngry.

...and they were local rivals tooUnhappy, which makes a loss like this even harder to bear.

Being a sports fan myself, I can really appreciate how you Europeans root for your favorite teams.  We have our fanatics here too but no sports fanbase in America rivals the average European soccer (or football, whichever LOL) fan.  Here in America most people are blinded by pop culture and the image the media places upon these athletes to see that that's what they are-athletes-no different than you and I.  Meanwhile they're out having parties that are worth a half a million dollars because they've been over-inflated since they were 13 years old.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  I would love like hell to be able to enjoy my sports without all of the baggage that people throw in there.

Obviously my experience with European sports is limited, but I was very impressed (to an extent) with how much the Turks care about their teams.  I'm a big fan of women's basketball but I'm definitely in the minority around here, as most Americans are too busy with their stereotypes and close-mindedness to give the sport a chance.  The reasons I like it (genuine, nice athletes, organizations who actually care about their fans, no media sniping like the men's league) are not really reasons why most other people in this country like sports, but I think Europeans think more like I do.  This past winter I was watching a FIBA game between Fenerbahce and Galatasary; it was a Euroleague tournament game being held in Istanbul, and both of those teams are in Turkey, so obviously the arena was loaded with Turks.  Leading up to the game there was a lot of discussion about how the two teams are huge rivals and the fans don't like each other at all, but I figured that just came with the territory.  Wrong!  Towards the end of the game there were people throwing firecrackers at each other inside the arena, and afterwards there were reports of dozens getting arrested after getting into fights and whatnot.  Now this is a pretty extreme example (and I'm not saying that I wish fans of rival sports teams would try to blow up my house), but I thought it was cool how the fans in Turkey didn't care if guys or girls were playing or what sport it was, they were behind their club 100% no matter what.  That was a breath of fresh air for me.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 1:41am
I�m slowly getting over the hangover I have after drinking a few beers yesterday at a football (soccer) match. My team was in front (away from home) 1-2 until the 87th minute of the game. Then things went straight to hell and the other team scored two goals within 5 minutes and we lost the game. Fucking shitty gameAngry.

...and they were local rivals tooUnhappy, which makes a loss like this even harder to bear.

Edited by UMUR - 16 Sep 2012 at 1:42am
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 11:19pm
Just watched the match on tv woot Alvarez kicked ass xD
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:43pm
I am currently doing my Science homework, while eating Fish Crackers and listening to Fates Warning.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 7:09pm
I'm listening to three tracks at the same time.

"Valley of the Dolls" by Fates Warning.
"Sky of Saddened Nights" by Nokturnal Mortum.
and "Kuun Suru" by Moonsorrow.

Quite an unusual experience to say the least.
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 12:01am
;)
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 3:58pm
Eating chocolate ice-cream in front of Trainspotting. Yes, that scene.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 10:37am
11:36 AM. Watching a certain cartoon originally intended for 8 year old girls.

Edited by IMPF2112 - 27 Aug 2012 at 10:39am
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 9:38pm
Multitasking.  I've got a baseball game on the radio, a basketball game on my computer, and an (American) football game on my TV.  Life is busy right now! LOL
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 9:17am
I've just eaten spaghetti I cooked myself (my specialty), had some reflections about the meaning of life (what they've put in that pasta?) and now I'm sitting on my ass waiting for that heat wave to kill me. 
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 9:10am
Posting on an Internet Forum about Heavy Metal Music.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 12:19am
On my way to workGeek
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 11:47pm
11:46 pm Watching Dark Night Rises Drinking a monster while being attacked my my cat Blink ^^
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 3:21am
Posting in JFA threads on three forums.... bored to death and about to watch Twilight Zone for hours
GLAM METAL!
S33T View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S33T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 8:41am
The tv is on..

and surfing on the forum!
To get to know it :D
192 juicy bodies of children. I'm a sadist.
CrazyConnie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyConnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 3:25am
3:24am listening to the computer & fan hum trying to keep quiet not to wake family
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 2:01pm
1: 00pm - in a linear algebra lecture, listening to black Dahlia murder.
Fuck how I love this band

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>
  Share Topic