FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top 3 Worst Metal album covers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by MAVIIIVAM MAVIIIVAM wrote:

[
Hehe, yes and guess who started it (and I'm a bit disturbed by the statement "My 1st negitive thread", as
I see PA turning into a "Slam Pit", dont let it happen hereConfused).
AtomicCrimsonRush . . . take a bow Clap.

As long as I am part of the Admin team, this will NOT happen. I fought long and hard against the spread of negative threads on PA, but after a while I got tired of talking to the wall, so to speak. If people think that the only way to discuss music is by bashing what they don't like, then I'd rather not discuss it altogether. For the time being, the negative threads have been kept to a minimum, and no one has turned sour yet. However, if this becomes a trend, I and the others will try our best to put an end to it
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 2:48pm
^yeah probablyLOL
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 2:35pm
hehehe I LIKE IT!  Must be a Concept Album by the Math-Death Metal Italians LOL
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 2:27pm
Well this one might not make the top 3, but why on earth include an angry snowman on a death metal album??? That�s just ridiculousSmile 
.. Album Cover

Edited by UMUR - 22 May 2010 at 2:27pm
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by lucas lucas wrote:

Wasn't this thread inspired by the thread of the same name (with prog instead of metal) on PA ?

Hehe, yes and guess who started it (and I'm a bit disturbed by the statement "My 1st negitive thread", as
I see PA turning into a "Slam Pit", dont let it happen hereConfused).
AtomicCrimsonRush . . . take a bow Clap.

By the way, I disagree with alot of folks there about some of their choices for "Bad" covers
(maybe because I'm a Freelance Artist and studied Art History on my own) Ouch.
But here so-far, yup . . . these are pretty bad LOL. There are plenty of "Gore Metal" album covers
that will make your worst nightmares and the movies "Hostel", "The Audition" and "Dead Alive"
seem like episodes of Mister Rogers Neigborhood!  The Art "might" be well executed but it will
be totally in Bad Taste (more than the Uriah Heep Cover for "Fallen Angel" at PA, by one of my
fave Fantasy Artists Tongue).

Atomic . . . you should start a "Christian Metal Appreciation Thread", Deliverance is a great Thrash
Band from the old days! (But you may want to stop "casting the 1st stones" Wink).

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 22 May 2010 at 2:34pm
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 3:51pm
Here's one a quick Google search for "worst metal album cover" turned up.

Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 12:32pm
Cover art

The computer-generated cover art for the album was provided by David Patchett, but he asked to be removed from the credits because he was not satisfied with the result. The version used was actually a prototype provided by Patchett, but the band decided to use it in its incomplete form. Upon close inspection, one can note several of errors: The character on the far right looking out of the picture appears to have a broken neck. The white dog is standing on the snake underneath it. The baby's foot is cutting into the dog and appears more to be suspended in mid-air than sitting on a wolf. The small child character at the front on the left is standing on the other characters foot. The character doing a back-flip on the left of Eddie has a dislocated shoulder, his left hand is also against his right arm instead of on the floor and the back-flipping character's right leg is dislocated.[1]

We're gonna do a little number featuring Randy Rhoads...

Wine is fine but whisky's quicker.

That's what Rock n' Roll's About!!!!
lucas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 11:07am
Wasn't this thread inspired by the thread of the same name (with prog instead of metal) on PA ?

Edited by lucas - 21 May 2010 at 11:07am
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:03am
Here's a notoriously bad one: Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death.  There's too much going on, and it looks like a first draft. The album title font doesn't look right either.  Actually nothing looks right aside from Eddie.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:55am
I alwasy loved this one: Tear Your Soul Apart cover (Click to see larger picture)
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:20am
Here we go with my first negative thread

but these are always fun

Post what you consider to be the 3 worst metal album covers in history.

Mine are as follows: 

I likek what Booboo from PA said if I may quote:
James: Hey guys, I'd like you to meet Andres Serrano, the creator of such masterpieces as "Piss Christ", he's designing our album cover.

Lars: So what is it going to be?

Andres: Well, I'm gonna take some bovine blood...

Lars: Blood? Awesome. That's totally metal. Go on.

Andres: Then I'm gonna mix it with my own semen, and then squish the liquids between two plates of glass and take a picture of it.

Lars: ...

James: BRILLIANT!

No seriously, that's exactly what it is. Why do you think they called it Load?

HilariousLOL

another

So dark I cant figure it out

Next:

I love th band but this is atrocious!

your turn now

GLAM METAL!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic