MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MMA Banner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MMA Banner
    Posted: 19 May 2010 at 1:47pm
M@x/Phil

Do you have a banner available to promote MMA yet?

graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:56am
No yet, are you subtly offering to help with that Wink or just want to promote the site?
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 11:02am
If only I was as clever as you Phil!! Tongue

I presently use the PA banner where I can and ask bands that I help to promote the site this way too. Obviously, I'd like to extend this to MMA too.

Maybe there is an aspiring banner maker already collaborating on MMA that will read this and offer to help?

Please?
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 2:38pm
Abel aka Darksideof at PA has agreed to design and produce an MMA banner

You may already be aware of the fantastic collages he puts together and I think we are lucky to get his services and I'm already looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. (examples below)

M@x/Phil: Can I have your agreement and support with this please? Obviously, its going to be a great way of promoting the site further but its not my decison to make. 

graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 3:54pm
Colt, this is a great news!! Thumbs Up

Darksideof has our green card to do whatever his inspiration will go. Like you said, this will be a good way to promote the site (as long as it is used Wink)
Darksideof View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

Abel aka Darksideof at PA has agreed to design and produce an MMA banner

You may already be aware of the fantastic collages he puts together and I think we are lucky to get his services and I'm already looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. (examples below)

M@x/Phil: Can I have your agreement and support with this please? Obviously, its going to be a great way of promoting the site further but its not my decison to make. 

I am almost done with the collage. I should finish this weekend hopefully. I will let you know. it is looking good. I can't wait to show you guys!! I hope you like it.!Embarrassed
http://darksideofcollages.blogspot.com
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 11:08am
Awesome news!! Smile
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Awesome news!! Smile
WinkWink
I have been working my ass off!! to impress you guys!!!!LOL
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 11:33am
Indeed, awesome news Abel! Clap
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 2:31pm
I'm looking forward to see what you can pull off! I thoroughly enjoy all your work on your PA collages, and am excited to see what you can do for this site.

Anyone think we could use it in place of our current logo? This one is a little, erm, straightforward.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 9:28am

An email I just sent to steve this morning.

Hi, Steve
I want to give an update with the collage. I had finished and it looks real cool, but my mac laptop electric cord charger had broken. Which mean I can't even turn on the PC. This is crazy it broke right after I was done. I ordered one and I should be getting by the end of the month the latest, which is next week.
I am so eager to show you. I am hoping you like it and use it for the website,  I worked so hard on it just like my other collages, but we have to wait. I tried to buy it at a local mac store and they wanted $ 80.00 Dollars when I  on amazon.com had it for $20 bucks!.
I just wanted to let you what's going on and why it taking so long.
We keep in touch!
Darksideof

Edited by Darksideof - 26 Aug 2010 at 9:37am
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 9:59am
I am done with the banner.
Did you get it Steve? Should I publish it yet? (facebook, myblog, PA,ect..)

Edited by Darksideof - 27 Aug 2010 at 10:00am
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 11:32am
Definitely looking forward to see it. Good luck with the computer!
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

I have it finish and I emailed to steve but I am not sure if I should post it yet...Stern Smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 1:06pm
I haven�t seen Steve around in the last couple of days. I�m sure he�ll answer as soon as possible. Looking forward to seing the banner tooSmile.
Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 4:21pm
Oh, by the way, I'm a designer and if you ever need stuff done, lemme know and, you know, if I can make something good of it, I will. No charge, ever, obviously. :)
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Darksideof Darksideof wrote:

Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

I have it finish and I emailed to steve but I am not sure if I should post it yet...Stern Smile

Abel, you have mail!!
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 10:55am
Alright, is it time for the big unveiling? Wink
<- Click on this!
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 11:17am
Big smile
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 6:37pm
Ok there you have it:

What you guys think?
Steve asked me to ask you guys opinion about where I should place the MMA logo.
In the meddle, corner or blended into the background? what you guys think?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic