MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MMA Banner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:04am
I have a question. Do you guys think I should crop the collage so it make is a official banner standard size or Should just crop it?
like this?
it would be a shame if I would i have to crop it but then the whole collage will be very small when it is reduce.
Wht you guys think?
or Can you guy use the collage as it is? not as a banner?Embarrassed

crop
Smaller. Less Resolution.

http://darksideofcollages.blogspot.com
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:30am
IMO Abel it has to be banner size so it can be added to other sites as a means to advertise MMA and therefore increase visits.

I personally intend to add it to my MySpace page at least and will send it to all the bands that are my "friends" which are close to 1800 now. I know a lot of bands I have helped that will almost certainly use the banner on their pages too. Big smile

Maybe try both versions, a cropped one leaving the Priest blade to add the MMA logo and a reduced version.

Everyone can then form an opinion.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:35am
The Priest blade with the logo is certainly a great idea.  Perhaps that would be the focal point of a smaller, banner sized version of the collage.  The bigger collage with a logo could possibly fit in well on the main page, but that's obviously m@x's / graphix's call.
Darksideof View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

IMO Abel it has to be banner size so it can be added to other sites as a means to advertise MMA and therefore increase visits.

I personally intend to add it to my MySpace page at least and will send it to all the bands that are my "friends" which are close to 1800 now. I know a lot of bands I have helped that will almost certainly use the banner on their pages too. Big smile

Maybe try both versions, a cropped one leaving the Priest blade to add the MMA logo and a reduced version.

Everyone can then form an opinion.
I see your point. Thanks!! that great news that so many people will see it. quiet awesome news!Embarrassed
 Also i was think that maybe the collage ( the whole collage) can be a intro page Right in the center and at the button be an enter to the site link or the image can be the link.
 Something like this:

also When can have the collage as a background image like this.

Also I can create an banner like this one but the standard size. these aren't
I'll show you when i have done. I will try several version..
Wink

Edited by Darksideof - 07 Sep 2010 at 11:17am
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Darksideof Darksideof wrote:

Hello Phil
better of if you sen me the jpeg in my email adress
[email protected]
the higher the resolution the better. talk soon

I finally sent the logo to Abel! Cool
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by graphix graphix wrote:

Originally posted by Darksideof Darksideof wrote:

Hello Phil
better of if you sen me the jpeg in my email adress
[email protected]
the higher the resolution the better. talk soon

I finally sent the logo to Abel!�Cool
Where did you send it? I haven't got it yet.Confused
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 8:42am
^ To the email address you provided Ermm

Maybe the email was considered as a spam (look in you spam folder). I you don't find it, private message me, I will share you the files a different way.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 9:12am

^ To the email address you provided Ermm

Maybe the email was considered as a spam (look in you spam folder). I you don't find it, private message me, I will share you the files a different way.
I am sorry buddy, but can you send it to this email adress. I still don't see it.
Thanks
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 7:25pm
^ Sent
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 7:28pm
In fact, I just received a mail delivery error.. it seems your email address is wrong... are your sure it's not @hotmail.com instead of @mail.com?
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 8:16pm

In fact, I just received a mail delivery error.. it seems your email address is wrong... are your sure it's not @hotmail.com instead of @mail.com?
No that is my correct email. that is super odd!
Confused
I will check my gmail.com account.
thanks...
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 8:23pm

^ Sent

Angry man!
  I am sorry  Buddy I gave you the wrong email 

defiantly has to work.
sorryOuch
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 4:10pm
New logo! Rawks

Though the one on the frontpage is so small that if I didn't know I would have no idea what's in it. Like the colours anyway.

The banner in PA looks really good, though it might have a bit of an overly emphasized Kiss presence Tongue

Edited by Pekka - 17 Sep 2010 at 4:14pm
<- Click on this!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 4:59pm
I really like the new logo too. And yeah it�s a bit hard to see what�s inside it but the colours look great.
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 5:05pm
pretty good
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

New logo! Rawks

Though the one on the frontpage is so small that if I didn't know I would have no idea what's in it. Like the colours anyway.

The banner in PA looks really good, though it might have a bit of an overly emphasized Kiss presence Tongue

Thanks yeah the logo looks small and it hard to see what is it, but I think maybe the logo can featured someplace larger.Embarrassed it would be great max and Phil!
LOL The irony is that i am not a big Kiss Fan their images are quiet great.LOL

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

pretty good

thank buddy!
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I really like the new logo too. And yeah it�s a bit hard to see what�s inside it but the colours look great.

thanks.. too!Wink
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

New logo! Rawks

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/about.aspx
it is featured here.Embarrassed
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 11:09pm
Good to see your artwork has been integrated into the website.  Clap

I hope this is just the beginning. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic