MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MMA Banner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 6:41pm
I would say at the right where the image of Quiet Riot 's Metal health is. and perhaps moves the image right above it. what do you guys say?

Edited by Darksideof - 30 Aug 2010 at 6:41pm
http://darksideofcollages.blogspot.com
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 7:51pm
At first glance, it looks amazing!! I'll have to take a good look to spot all the artists I can. Smile

As far as logo placement goes, I could see it blended into the middle bottom as it stands now.  It isn't as "busy" down there as other parts of the collage.  I guess adding the logo would involve a bit more movement anyway, but it's definitely a great start. 

Edited by Stooge - 30 Aug 2010 at 7:56pm
Darksideof View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

At first glance, it looks amazing!! I'll have to take a good look to spot all the artists I can. Smile

As far as logo placement goes, I could see it blended into the middle bottom as it stands now.  It isn't as "busy" down there as other parts of the collage.  I guess adding the logo would involve a bit more movement anyway, but it's definitely a great start. 
hey!
An idea just pop up to my head. thanks to you!
 I was thinking the logo as a standing sign right at the bottom. it can been  right by eddie or next to the Guns and Roses Cross or by  the wasp image..? maybe Blackie Lawless' flag?
I think that is a great idea.Embarrassed

Edited by Darksideof - 30 Aug 2010 at 11:00pm
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 1:47am
Very cool Clap It's going to take a while to spot all the references.

Is there going to be a similar signature size cut-out as the PA banner on the previous page?
<- Click on this!
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 3:59am
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

Very cool Clap It's going to take a while to spot all the references.

Is there going to be a similar signature size cut-out as the PA banner on the previous page?

Yeah, now Abel has completed the collage we need members to voice their opinions so that any amendments can be made before the image is reduced in size. 

Max/Phil, can you forward a jpeg of the MMA logo to Abel so he can add it to the final banner please?

Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 8:23am
Bump!!!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 8:39am
It looks really cool. Best I can tell though, most of the images included are either from glam, traditional, or thrash metal and most of them are from classic bands.  I don't recognize all of the images, but should other genres and maybe some more modern artists be included as well? 
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 9:11am
^Seconded, yes. Perhaps one image per band, even? 

Is the signature size image going to be the whole thing or a small fragment? If the whole thing, it may make the images way too small when reduced in size.
<- Click on this!
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 11:38am
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

It looks really cool. Best I can tell though, most of the images included are either from glam, traditional, or thrash metal and most of them are from classic bands.  I don't recognize all of the images, but should other genres and maybe some more modern artists be included as well? 
 Hey bother what's going on?
well, when I was discusting  to Steve about  the banner and what band should I include, he recomended  most of these. Then i subjected that to the collage should be only of of tradiction heavy metal bands which are the foundation of metal and that are common and easy images  to be recognize by the average heavy metal fan. Bands like pegan's Mind, Bloodbath etc aren't really,.however I did include some modern bands' albums like Burzum and Rammstein.
however T i don't want to oveload the collage like I did in the past Like
Like these collages:
I recomended to use one these collage to Steve but  I got no respond. So I made a new one.

If I add more images to the collage it gonna look to busy and I don't think that is a good Idea.Shocked
Also when it will get scale down it gonna be very hard to be recognize.  I Think.

Edited by Darksideof - 01 Sep 2010 at 11:43am
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 11:40am

Or  maybe MMA can use the progmetal collage later on the webiste. sounds good.

Edited by Darksideof - 01 Sep 2010 at 12:09pm
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 12:05pm

Abel,

Lets wait until we have heard from more of the members.

I still believe with the final banner that we can only incorporate the "classic" well known bands, otherwise where do you start where do you finish, who do you include who don't you include when there are c.75000 Metal bands out there! Source: Enc. Met.

It needs to be easily identifiable but thats just my opinion.

Don't go changing anything just yet!

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

Abel,

Lets wait until we have heard from more of the members.

I still believe with the final banner that we can only incorporate the "classic" well known bands, otherwise where do you start where do you finish, who do you include who don't you include when there are c.75000 Metal bands out there! Source: Enc. Met.

It needs to be easily identifiable but thats just my opinion.

Don't go changing anything just yet!

I agree!Big smile
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 12:47pm
I have no objection to using the current one that Abel made, I just thought that it might be more appropriate to add some newer artists as well.  I am a classic metal guy though, so I have no recommendations for current artists.  He mentioned that there are bands like Burzum and Rammstein in there.  These aren't artists that I am familiar with so I probably wouldn't have recognized what they were.  I agree that with 75000 metal bands I'd have no idea where to begin either.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 7:17pm

I have no objection to using the current one that Abel made, I just thought that it might be more appropriate to add some newer artists as well.  I am a classic metal guy though, so I have no recommendations for current artists.  He mentioned that there are bands like Burzum and Rammstein in there.  These aren't artists that I am familiar with so I probably wouldn't have recognized what they were.  I agree that with 75000 metal bands I'd have no idea where to begin either.

Liike I said If I add more albums it would overloaded it and I think it is finish the way it is.
imaging if I would have to create an artwork witth 75,000 metal bands. I would never end.
LOL

graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 8:34pm

Max/Phil, can you forward a jpeg of the MMA logo to Abel so he can add it to the final banner please?

He!! Very cool collage Thumbs Up ... sorry, I missed this thread Embarrassed

If Abel needs a Jpeg of the MMA logo, I need more details about the resolution... I can send him a high resolution 
version of the logo. Meanwhile, he can at least save the logo used in the forum (righ-click on the image and save 
image as...) in order to do some tests!?
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 10:44am
Originally posted by graphix graphix wrote:

He!! Very cool collage Thumbs Up ... sorry, I missed this thread Embarrassed

If Abel needs a Jpeg of the MMA logo, I need more details about the resolution... I can send him a high resolution 
version of the logo. Meanwhile, he can at least save the logo used in the forum (righ-click on the image and save 
image as...) in order to do some tests!?

Hello Phil
better of if you sen me the jpeg in my email adress
[email protected]
the higher the resolution the better. talk soon
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 2:12pm
Thanks Phil.Smile

Can you send Abel a high resolution image as requested?

Abel, until you get the correct quality image, do you want to try to save the image as Phil has suggested and then add it to the collage as Scott recommended, ie over the JP Razor Blade. Thats a bloody good idea IMO.

Thanks Scott. Clap
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 10:05am

Thanks Phil.Smile

Can you send Abel a high resolution image as requested?

Abel, until you get the correct quality image, do you want to try to save the image as Phil has suggested and then add it to the collage as Scott recommended, ie over the JP Razor Blade. Thats a bloody good idea IMO.

Thanks Scott. Clap

Yeah Rushfan4 gave the indea and think it is quiet great. Clap
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 10:56am
Hell yeah Abel, nice to see you roaming through the basted wastlands of heavy metal. LOL

No time for banners now, lets metal! Rawks

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darksideof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 9:54am
Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

Hell yeah Abel, nice to see you roaming through the basted wastlands of heavy metal. LOL

No time for banners now, lets metal! Rawks

JAJAJAJAJA!! BUDDY!
thanks!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic