MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrash Metal Fans Unite!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 1:46am
Lately I�ve been listening to this one a lot:

Edited by UMUR - 28 Mar 2012 at 1:47am
kogaionon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kogaionon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 9:16am
don't know if someone on this forum already posted this, but I can't help myself..some Technical Thrash Metal - these dudes can really make some goddamn interesting riffs..and vocals :)

Edited by kogaionon - 23 May 2012 at 9:20am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 9:34am
Yep I think we�ve praised them before, but why not again. Vektor are a really great act.
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 10:13pm
Iced Earth seems like it would fit well on your list.

Whether it's Barlow or the Ripper, or the new guy...Stu -- something, I think...there are always great vocals in Iced Earth.

plus, genres aside, I've always thought that Iced Earth was always a super tasteful group in terms of composition.

Headbanger

www.withinareverie.blogspot.com
soundcloud.com/withinareverie
facebook.com/withinareverie
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 12:03am
Iced Earth are a great band indeed. Here on MMA we�ve placed them in power metal though. They have quite a few thrash metal traits in their music but we�ve deemed that they are closer to US power than to thrash metal.
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 10:28am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Iced Earth are a great band indeed. Here on MMA we�ve placed them in power metal though. They have quite a few thrash metal traits in their music but we�ve deemed that they are closer to US power than to thrash metal.

Ah, that makes sense. I kinda think of them as equally trash and equally power, so at times I just say one or the other when I'm talking about them. But, honestly, I'd have to agree with what you guys established here simply because of the vocal style. If you take the vocals out, or just listen to an instrumental like The Funeral, they sound so thrashy to me. But add those vocals in and power metal definitely wins in describing them.

Sorry for the confusion, I honestly should have (and do!) known better!

www.withinareverie.blogspot.com
soundcloud.com/withinareverie
facebook.com/withinareverie
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 10:37am
Iced Earth's older stuff is their most thrashy. USPM is typically more thrashy than you're typical Euro PM though. I do consider the early albums power/thrash though I must admit. But I think all power-thrash acts get placed in power here on MMA to my knowledge. At least that's where Iced Earth and Dark Empire are. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 11:45am
^and Sanctuary/NevermoreSmile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 1:37am
Anyone familiar with Revenant?

REVENANT - Prophecies of a Dying World cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/revenant--prophecies-of-a-dying-world.aspx
This one is so good I can�t stop listening to it. Unfortunately it�s pretty hard to get a hold of, as it hasn�t been re-released since the original 1991 pressing. It exists in two different vinyl formats, two different cassette formats and only one CD pressing was made.

Edited by UMUR - 14 Aug 2012 at 1:41am
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 4:52pm
havok is awesome they may of been posted on here before but i'm a new member i love havok here's a song.

also hexen here's a hexen song

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 3:35am
I thought that Voivod was The Outer Limits, and there was me at the peak. Of course I think that an early album and the album such as Nothingface are splendid. I did not check a subsequent album, but still yearn for a sound like the 80s.

vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 11:24am
heres a thrash metal band u probably never heard of they are nuclear
their first album sucks cock and has one good song on it heres a picture of it

heres their second album which kicks ass and is a vast improvement over their 1st album

and heres their 3rd and best album. u really need to listen to this one its so good

this year they released an ep called apatrida. pic will be below. i couldn't find a download of it and all of the songs arent on youtube for me to convert to mp3 and download with a site that lets you do that. if you can help me get mp3s of all the songs that would be great.

P.S. i fucking love jehovirus
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 5:21am
My thrash fixations I talked about in another topic (minus Vektor, which have been covered thoroughly!)

Nekromantheon:

Deathhammer:

Aggression:

the guys in Aggression also had this as an album closer, check it out, it's surprising.

ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 3:18am
Originally posted by FusionKing FusionKing wrote:

I wanted to put up a thread for all thrash related discussions.
So, feel free to say anything you wish on the topic my fellow thrashers...
Metal up the asses of all mankind! Rawks

HeadbangerHeadbanger
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 12:15pm
This rarely happens, but I found a thrash album I really love.

GG2U

vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

i heard a song off that album and man i want to buy that cd now and man that albun cover is kick ass
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 4:37pm
I haven't hears that one yet, but I've heard another Mortillery album which kicked ass.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

i heard a song off that album and man i want to buy that cd now and man that albun cover is kick ass

If there's one thing I dig about the new wave of thrash movement, it's the amazing cover artwork.  All sorts of bright colors, ridiculous themes, and spiky band logos.  Straight out of the '80s, baby! Headbanger
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Diogenes Diogenes wrote:

Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

If there's one thing I dig about the new wave of thrash movement, it's the amazing cover artwork.  All sorts of bright colors, ridiculous themes, and spiky band logos.  Straight out of the '80s, baby! Headbanger
especially this warbringer cover
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I haven't hears that one yet, but I've heard another Mortillery album which kicked ass.

I'll be replacing my promo of this one ASAP, and I'm definitely keen to hear their debut also. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>
  Share Topic