MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrash Metal Fans Unite!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 12:04am
Uhh and you can�t say Municipal Waste without mentioning Gama Bomb too. Great act too.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 4:08am
Oh, and Vermef�g is another crossover thrash act to check out.
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:32am
You got some good suggestions there. I'll just add one of my favourite crossover albums, Crumbsuckers - Life of Dreams.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 2:43pm
Dr Livingdead! is a Swedish crossover metal band - more on the thrash side, but pretty good.
Pro-Pain might also be worth a listen - they are more on the groovy side.

Edited by Time Signature - 14 Nov 2011 at 2:44pm
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 12:03pm
I listened to Vektor - Black Future today and it was cool. Thanks guys
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 4:57pm

I'm not a pervert! Play it! Play it naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 9:41am
I've been rounding off my Overkill listening experience.  I can see though why nobody talks about albums like I Hear Black or The Killing Kind though as they are not that good.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 11:10am
^I remember they were praised quite a bit when they were released, so I�m sure it�s not everybody that thinks they are bad albums. It�s been a while since I�ve listened to them myself, so I wouldn�t know.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 11:21am
The only Overkill albums I own are Under the Influence, The Years of Decay, WFO, Bloodletting, and Iron Bound.

The first two are considered classics almost everywhere I look.  WFO was sort of an impulse buy considering the cheap price it had and the fact that it was a rather obscure album in the discography.  It's decent (3/5).  The Killing Kind would be just as decent if they removed the bullshit samples and stuff from it.

The quality does pick up a bit on From the Underground and Below, Necroshine, and Bloodletting (my favorite of the three).
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

The only Overkill albums I own are Under the Influence, The Years of Decay, WFO, Bloodletting, and Iron Bound.

The first two are considered classics almost everywhere I look.  WFO was sort of an impulse buy considering the cheap price it had and the fact that it was a rather obscure album in the discography.  It's decent (3/5).  The Killing Kind would be just as decent if they removed the bullshit samples and stuff from it.

The quality does pick up a bit on From the Underground and Below, Necroshine, and Bloodletting (my favorite of the three).

Get Horrorscope NOW.

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 12:32pm
"I Hear Black" is okay.
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 1:56pm
Essential Overkill is the first five and Ironbound was great as well and definitely their best imo since Horrorscope.

I Hear Black I am afraid I consider their worst album or at least I did until I lost my main interest  after the bland disappointments that were ReliXIV and Immortalis. My interest has since recovered with Ironbound.

You *need* Taking Over and I highly, highly recommend their debut and Horrorscope. Don't miss the chance to see them live, Blitz is a BEAST.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 3:28pm

I have Under The Influence on cassette and Ironbound on CD.  I also have a cassette copy of my friend's Fuck You EP that I copied so many years ago.  Long, long before there was such a thing as illegal downloading. LOL  I think that I should probably look into them a bit further. 

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 1:51am
...well copying albums to cassette tape was also illegal back then Big smile
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 4:00am
I have a bunch of their old releases (I bought them on CD though), and, yes, the're pretty awesome, I think. As I said, "I Hear Black" is okay, but the earlier stuff is way better.
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 12:40am
Holy . . .

NEW "POWERMAD"!!!!!!

This is sounding Awesome!!!!

Man what a Year this will be Big smile.

"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 1:48am
I guess they�ve re-united then?
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 2:02am
apparently that song was released in 2010 Confused.

But their Official site is finally active:

Seems they are only a trio now.

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 03 Feb 2012 at 2:02am
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 5:35am
A power(mad) trio.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 6:01am
h� h�
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
  Share Topic