MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrash Metal Fans Unite!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 4:08pm
I love the "Desecrator" track by Exhorder. Here�s a live video of the song:

Edited by UMUR - 28 Oct 2011 at 4:09pm
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 4:21pm
Man!

Such an ANGRY song too.  Was the 1st song I heard from them back when a local College
Station and its DJ introduced to the area some pretty early Death and Thrash metal.
I used to read about that these guys would get into fist fights . . . with EACH OTHER Dead!
Their profile pics - they looked like assholes (I lived in their state of Louisiana for 7 LONG
years so I have 1st hand experience).

>>>Looking at the Vid, its "new", so they re-formed?

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 28 Oct 2011 at 4:22pm
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 3:21am
Yup they reformed a while back. I couldn�t find a youtube clip of the original studio version. It�s much more intense than the live version posted above. I learned about Exhorder throught the Roadrunner Records...At Death�s Door compilation series.
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 3:49pm
The new Havok is pretty cool. Time Is Up...
Bringing it up because I just read that they will come to town next month. I will go there for sure.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 2:38am
I�m not really familiar with Havok. What kind of music do they play. Old school, tech, teutonic, Bay Area...etc?
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 2:57am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMqx_kOMD_o

New school.

Edited by Woutjinho - 10 Nov 2011 at 3:00am
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 8:30am
New school that worships old school actually! They seem to worship the american school of thrash above all else.
genghiscon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genghiscon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:04am
Color me stumped about the lack of love for the most underappreciated, talented thrash trio of all-time: CORONER.

These guys should have ripped the reins from Metallica and took the thrash crown at the end of the eighties and into the nineties. Its absolutely criminal that more people don't know these guys. Seriously, I would put No More Color, Mental Vortex, and Grin against the best three of the Big Fours albums and let them duke it out.  Maybe they would lose, but they would make it a damn good fight.

If you dont believe me, check this out:

Give em a listen...they deserve your time...and you'll be happier for it.

I got Rock N Roll to save me from the cold, and if thats all there is, that aint so bad. Rock N Roll! - Lemmy
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:45am
CoronerThumbs Up
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 11:31am
Yup, awesome band and while my favourites are also No More Color and Mental Vortex, I think RIP and Punishment for Decadence are also great thrash albums.
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 1:38pm
Coroner is cool. I saw them on Hellfest as well.
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 12:32pm
*generic expression of extreme adoration for Vektor*
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 2:17pm
Quick Change are worth a listen if you like authentic old school obscure 80s thrash.
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 3:39am
Anyone ever listened to Viking - Man Of Straw? From 89.
Or Drunken Bastards - Horns Of The Wasted from 2010? (review at metal-exposure)
Or Mandator - Perfect Progeny?
Or Savage Aggression - Satan's Strike from 2010? I believe they're from Peru but their old school thrash is HIGHLY recommened. (I also have a review on metal-exposure)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 3:51am
Nope but I remember editing the Dr�nken Bastards profile: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/drunken-bastards.aspx
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 1:25am
Don't know much about Thrash, but have been listening to some crossover thrash kinda stuff like Carnivore, D.R.I. and was hoping someone might steer me toward some more stuff like this, so, really, I'm looking for thrash crossed with Hardcore or Crust

k
Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 2:06am
Well I think the above mentioned Dr�nken Bastards are in the crossover catagory. Some of the classic crossover acts from the eighties are of course Excel, Suicidal Tendencies (early), Beow�lf, Gang Green, S.O.D., M.O.D.,

Of more recent acts I�d mention Municipal Waste.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 3:51am
Some more crossover(-related) artists:

Cryptic Slaughter (crossover legends)
Wehrmacht (ultra fast beercore)
Agnostic Front (NYC hardcore with thrash tendencies)
A.N.S. (skatepunk with thrash metal leanings)
Acid Reign (UK thrash with a dose of humor and some hardcore elements)
V�etsek (ultra fast crossover with insane female vocals)
The Exploited (seminal crust punk act who started incorporating thrash elements)
Discharge (another seminal crust act who changed to traditional metal and then to crossover thrash)
Lawnmower Deth (similar status as Acid Reign, but with a more brutal edge)
Nuclear Death Terror (crust punk with death metal vocals)
Extreme Noise Terror (pre-grindcore crust punk)
Nadirwrath (blend of black metal and punk rock; not thrashy though)
Kvelertak (blend of hard rock, black metal and punk rock; not thrashy though)
Swashbuckle (pirate-themed thrash metal with hardcore elements)
The Acc�sed (horror crossover)
TRC (modern crossover, drawing on modern thrash metal and modern -core)
Nuclear Assault (legendary thrash metal group with crossover tendencies)
Generation Kill (Rob Dukes-fronted crossover supergroup)
Helhammer + early Celtic Frost (not crossover, but they were very inspired by Discharge)
Bob Malmstr�m (Capitalist hardcore :-S)
Rytmih�iri� (dirty thrash-tinged hardcore/crust punk)
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 5:53pm
Thanks guys for the lists, some I know and love (Discharge, Extreme noise terror, Celtic Frost, Helhammer, et al), so I'll likely find something I enjoy, and stuff like Municipal Waste who've I've been meaning to check out forever. It is an odd phenomenon I've seen reoccurring in my musical tastes, while not the biggest fan of punk, cross it with metal and magically you've some of my favourite albums.

Edited by Murphy - 14 Nov 2011 at 1:57am
Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 6:13pm
Its been fun for me too Big smile . . .

There was always some band I missed out on and its fun to find a hidden treasure from
you guys Smile.

"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
  Share Topic