MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rotting Christ - new album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INocturnE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rotting Christ - new album
    Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 5:39am
Hello!

How do you find it? From the latest RC releases, I liked Theogonia the most.
But now the new one... is amazing I think.
Great sounding (warm, not digitalized in any way), very clear, great drums.
But what's more important, the songs are catchy, diverse, played with heart, and not boring at all.
Do you agree?

kogaionon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kogaionon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 2:53am
first i'd like to say that my opinion is very influenced by the fact that i'm used to their Mystical Meeting style that i loved for many years. the fact that they were unable to write something decent in the last years (i'm referring to Theogonia & Aeolo) was, probably, a period of changes that bands usually face after 20 years of history.

now...the new album (with the weird name i cannot remember): a very beautiful surprise! they managed to get back to their Khronos/Genesis style and mix ethnical influences into their style in a flawless way

ps: needless to say that my fav piece on this album is Cine Iubeste si Lasa, a cover that i find to be absolutely incredible :)

Edited by kogaionon - 02 Mar 2013 at 2:54am
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 5:41am
On first listen I didn't think the new album was anything special and certainly not as good as Aeolo which I really like. However like many albums the new one is a grower and after about 7 plays I am really enjoying the mix of Greek traditional music with Metal and the modern production is excellent. 4 - 4.5/5 
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 6:37am

Originally posted by kogaionon kogaionon wrote:

ps: needless to say that my fav piece on this album is Cine Iubeste si Lasa, a cover that i find to be absolutely incredible :)

Why?

Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 8:49am
It's in Romanian I believe. ;)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image