3 [5.66%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opeth Studio Albums
    Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 11:15pm
Either Orchid, Morningrise, or Still Life. Three very beautiful death metal albums if that makes any sense. Voted Still Life.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 6:46am
I love them all but it has to be Still Life.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Sinkadotentree View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinkadotentree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 11:58am
"Damnation" is one of my all-time favourite albums period. It's a mood altering record that transports me to a good place everytime i listen to it. Blackwater Park and Still Life are my other top three Opeth albums.
The Truth View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 9:14pm
Either Blackwater Park or Still Life... I'm not sure...
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

For some strange reason, my favorite album is "Damnation". The others are brilliant, too, but for me it's "Damnation".

Nothing strange.
I mean it's not metal but it is a damn fine album! Big smile

It is, but I got watershed first so when I got it I was a little let down that it wasn't as heavy.

The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

For some strange reason, my favorite album is "Damnation". The others are brilliant, too, but for me it's "Damnation".

Nothing strange.
I mean it's not metal but it is a damn fine album! Big smile
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 8:01am
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 5:59am
Damnation started it for me and then I heard Deliverance which turned me off, then Still Life sparked my interest and recently Ghost reveries sealed the deal. Amazing band - still Damnation is my choice - I could not get those songs out of my head since then. Very powerful album.
GLAM METAL!
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 4:16pm
Watershed got me into Opeth, and from there I bought Damnation and Still Life. My vote goes for Still Life since it's awesome and better than Watershed IMO. I really like Damnation but it's missing that classic Opeth feel since it stays light the whole entire time.

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 3:45pm
Gotta be Ghost Reveries

Blackwater Park, MAYH, Still Life and Deliverance are all nearly as good though

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 06 Feb 2011 at 4:30pm
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 9:36am
Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

I'm going to go for MAYH.

So do I. It was the true watershed in their career - maturely composed, beautiful record. Still Life in many ways is better than MAYH but nothing can beat that harsh ambiance. Actually, I love all their albums... except for WatershedOuch
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 3:03am
I'm going to go for MAYH. To be perfectly honest, actually, I don't care for anything Blackwater Park and onward.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 2:36am
Still Life.
To this day still my favorite Opeth album, and one of my top 5 metal albums.

Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 10:00am
Still life!!!
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 9:05am
Blackwater Park is beating Still Life! It must be good tho havent heard BP
GLAM METAL!
Silver Shade of Lead View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Shade of Lead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by 1dude 1dude wrote:

Sweet!  Just found out about this website!  And where better to start posting than an Opeth poll, since they're one of my favs!!

My vote was for Still Life, with BWP being a VERY close second!  I must also give kudos to Morningrise, as that was my introduction to the band.  Then there's GR with its stellar production.  I do like Watershed alot too, with "The Lotus Eater" being one of the craziest songs ever; and "Coil --> Heir Apparent", which I consider to be one song since they totally feed off each other to perfection.

It's very difficult picking a favorite, however, since usually my favorite Opeth album would be the one playing at a particular time.Smile

I hear you loud and clear, buddy. Even Watershed sounds great whenever I hear it. There aren't any weak albums from Opeth, just records slightly further from that Akerfeldt perfection we all know and love =D
Btw, welcome to the site!
Silver Shade of Lead View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Shade of Lead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 1:16pm
Been listening to Still Life, this morning. A lot of mood and life flowing through that record, albeit Morningrise has it for me. It's got so much raw power and unabashed creativity, yet fits together surprisingly very well, taking in to account it's a very early studio output. The sound, however, is miles away from the productive values of Opeth's latter efforts.
1dude View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 10:05pm
Sweet!  Just found out about this website!  And where better to start posting than an Opeth poll, since they're one of my favs!!

My vote was for Still Life, with BWP being a VERY close second!  I must also give kudos to Morningrise, as that was my introduction to the band.  Then there's GR with its stellar production.  I do like Watershed alot too, with "The Lotus Eater" being one of the craziest songs ever; and "Coil --> Heir Apparent", which I consider to be one song since they totally feed off each other to perfection.

It's very difficult picking a favorite, however, since usually my favorite Opeth album would be the one playing at a particular time.Smile
NecronCommander View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NecronCommander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 12:55pm
My vote goes to Ghost Reveries.  Bar none.
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 10:28am
i like the one without the death growls - 
GLAM METAL!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic