MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 reasons why metal is garbage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:48am
Excuse my language for just one moment of infantile rage...Angry  Whoever creates a video like that is a moronic, sexist, abusive, bullying, [@&#$]ed sod who has nothing better to do with thier time than to judge people for subjective, trivial reasons and pretend that they're some kind of brave 'big man' for doing so.
I hate people like this... similar guys to this git have genuinely made my life quite miserable over the years.
Most of them don't just ridicule people like us over computers, they enjoy segregating us in REAL LIFE too, and all we have to do is like rock music for to be treated like crap.
They (like the video sample) also tend to be disgustingly sexist. There are people out there who have made me feel unwanted and unattractive because I'm not tarted up like a trendy, because I wear my hair long, because I like my T-shirt and jeans instead of having most of my flesh exposed. They don't think you even deserve to be female just because your not a mindless sex object with no interest in any thing but the charts!
I APOLOGISE GREATLY FOR THE VENOM IN THIS POST, GENUINELY, BUT SUCH PEOPLE HAVE BEEN VERY HURTFUL INDEED TO ME AND I FEEL IT IS A PROBLEM THAT SHOULD NOT BE HIDDEN. Stern Smile
aaaaaaaah! Now I feel much better, at least I've told my truth now. Smile
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:31am
^
PS: People like this have even ridiculed my mother in the street! Angry (She's a rocker like myself)
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:34am
Sock it to them!!! ;-)

As you, and others, have indicated, the people behind this movie certainly are racist and sexist bigots with the cognitive and observational capacity of a mentally [@&#$]ed pre-teen school bully. My guess is, like others have stated, that the Anti-Metal Club people are just teenagers who are somehow envious of metallers.

Originally posted by FusionKing FusionKing wrote:

They (like the video sample) also tend to be disgustingly sexist. There are people out there who have made me feel unwanted and unattractive because I'm not tarted up like a trendy, because I wear my hair long, because I like my T-shirt and jeans instead of having most of my flesh exposed. They don't think you even deserve to be female just because your not a mindless sex object with no interest in any thing but the charts!

Basically, my guess is that their problem with you is that you're a freethinking and independent person who does not succumb to the pressure of mainstream society. I think they fear you because you're a stronger individual than them - they are just afraid of strong and intelligent women who they cannot dominate and manipulate.
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Originally posted by FusionKing FusionKing wrote:

Basically, my guess is that their problem with you is that you're a freethinking and independent person who does not succumb to the pressure of mainstream society. I think they fear you because you're a stronger individual than them - they are just afraid of strong and intelligent women who they cannot dominate and manipulate.

Amen to thatClap! I have experienced myself the fear some people have of women who are in some ways different from what society expects of them. It was only a few years ago that I was insulted and ridiculed as a 'bitter old maid', only because I dared to express my opinions. It is very sad to see that humankind seems to be going backwards in many respects, instead of progressing...
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Amen to thatClap! I have experienced myself the fear some people have of women who are in some ways different from what society expects of them. It was only a few years ago that I was insulted and ridiculed as a 'bitter old maid', only because I dared to express my opinions. It is very sad to see that humankind seems to be going backwards in many respects, instead of progressing...

I think it's always been a very human thing to attack or ostracize people who are different, because they are seen as a threat to the "cosmos" of the culture/community in question. Especially people who question "the way things are" are considered to be pathological in one way or another, because they constitute a danger to the perceived order of society.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 7:55am
It is good to see your replies to that. Very nice indeed. Thank you both. Big smile
idiotPrayer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idiotPrayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 10:42am
funnily enough i actually agree with some of these (2 only applies to 98 % of metal). still, the guy who made this has about the same level of musical intelligens as a cucumber.

about 6: metal doesn't promote it. the [@&#$]ed people that believe it does may follow it but they are really [@&#$]ed. 7 was quite hilarous too.

10 is the funniest though: what about rappers or others? the stereotype rapper wears a tent sized shirt and pants that would fit an elephant, and they are so proud of their brands and stuff, paying like 30 � for a basic shirt that some chinese kid has printed a picture on. all music genres have their stereotype outlooks. metalheads generally dress quite dark and so, with a t-shirt and a leather jacket. there are however the ones that take it a bit further, but the guy in the video says points out shit in the metal clan that is just or even more evident in his own.
"Good taste is the enemy of creativity"
-Pablo Picasso
Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 2:00pm
I thought the story goes that Dave Mustaine actually abandoned Satanism when a black priest wanted to mount him as some sort of ritual. As I've never even been given the opportunity to have sex with Satan even after 20 odd years of listening to Iron Maiden and whatnot, I'm a little skeptical about that one point.

We're gonna do a little number featuring Randy Rhoads...

Wine is fine but whisky's quicker.

That's what Rock n' Roll's About!!!!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 7:19am
   ^
AH HAHAHAHAHA!!! LOL
Just brilliant, Negoba.
        Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic