Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 reasons why metal is garbage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 reasons why metal is garbage
    Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:03am
The infamous(ly ridiculous) anti-metal club video:

How do you react to it? What are your opinions?
Sleepwalker View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:17am
I find it quite annoying to see things like this, but, in the end I couldn't really care for the generalizations and nonsense that those people make. They also make themselves look kind of dumb and immature, just look at 8. "Metal bitches talk shit and disses any genre that sells more than them... which is pretty much most genres". Surely, this vid says more about the makers than people who listen metal. 

Today I was going through some comments at a Dutch website and stumbled upon someone who said that people who listen to rock often aren't really intelligent. The irony. 
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:38am
What a pity.. I thought there was some opportunity for Admin action early in the morningLOL!
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:42am
It gets rusty in time? Ermm Tongue
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Sleepwalker Sleepwalker wrote:

I find it quite annoying to see things like this, but, in the end I couldn't really care for the generalizations and nonsense that those people make. They also make themselves look kind of dumb and immature, just look at 8. "Metal bitches talk shit and disses any genre that sells more than them... which is pretty much most genres". Surely, this vid says more about the makers than people who listen metal.

That's true. It's an interesting study in how to rhetorically undermine oneself by using really weak arguments. I pan on using and the debate it's caused it next time I teach a coruse in rhetoric.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 6:09am
LOL

That was actually quite funny.

One sentence I believe starts with "In my school...." Ermm

In other words, (A) my balls haven't dropped yet (B) I'm sick of all the talent these groovy metalheads get and (C) the only (loose) music terms I am aware of are the Hansons, Britney and Nelly the Elephant.

[No-one has quite explained yet that Nelly is a (c)rap artist.] Wink

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 9:38am
I don't even know how to react to that.  
The Pessimist View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Pessimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 12:55pm
Haha I'm thinking of making a reply video... 
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Sleepwalker Sleepwalker wrote:

Today I was going through some comments at a Dutch website and stumbled upon someone who said that people who listen to rock often aren't really intelligent. The irony. 

Absolutely, what a load of generalised crap!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by The Pessimist The Pessimist wrote:

Haha I'm thinking of making a reply video... 

Yeah, do that. :-) It's a good exercise in debating ;-)
Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 8:38am
I want that 6 minutes of my life back...

But I'm a sebior citzen...when I was 13 metal sold alot of records.

Listening to Devy, trying to forget that waste of white space and black text.
We're gonna do a little number featuring Randy Rhoads...

Wine is fine but whisky's quicker.

That's what Rock n' Roll's About!!!!
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 2:29pm
Hmm.. in that video they managed to call us "angry at everything" and "having sex with Satan"...

Then they make a racist comment like "you're white people mostly from the suburbs, with our life on a fucking silver spoon".

Honestly, these people are idiots. I'm friends with many people who dislike metal, but they voice their opinion in a civil and respectful manner. You can say most of these "negative" things about every single subgenre, but these people don't like metal and decided to pick on us.

I can't stand people who stereotype everyone and everything.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 2:32pm
I also love how "violin and piano take more talent than guitar". LOL

There are classical guitarists out in the world as well... are they any less talented than a classical pianist?
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 3:05pm
Well I guess it�s good that he wrote his opinions down and didn�t just record them because obviously I�m deaf from listening to too much metal musicUnhappy. Well I actually found the whole thing a bit funny really. It�s just a little angsty teenager with too much time on his hands and not enough brains to make a valid critique. Let�s smile at thisSmile and turn up the volume once againRawksStone Deaf ForeverLOL

Edited by UMUR - 07 May 2010 at 3:08pm
The Pessimist View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Pessimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

There are classical guitarists out in the world as well... are they any less talented than a classical pianist?

Yep
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 8:17pm
Once the holocaust was brought up, Godwin's law came into effect. The argument was essentially over. So I stopped watching.

In any event, there are and will probably always be haters who make blanket statements on anything, be it music, art, or even other stuff such as college rivalries or political opinions. People who make these types of videos have time to kill and probably aren't doing anything important themselves. They're undeveloped teenagers who know nothing. So pay them no mind.

Also, what's wrong with the Chinese Erhu?
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 2:46am
^yeah that�s a wonderful instrument.
Jake Kobrin View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Kobrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 3:13am
This person is rather uneducated and you could make the same (with some modifications) arguments about basically any other genre on earth. What you have here is extreme generalization, which is a rather close minded approach to looking at things. But, when all things are said and done, I really don't care. I'll continue to be a "metal bitch" with my "gay long hair" and enjoy my "emotionless and senseless" music.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 4:10am
It's also interesting to observe how all the response-videos, many of which use weak arguments themselves, still manage to shoot down every single on of the ten so-called "reasons". 
Citizen Erased View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Erased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 9:06am
I was in stitches by the end, where he mentions the lack of minorities/women and then devotes a whole point to how ugly female metalheads are - as if this somehow explains why metal is rubbish. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic