MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fucked up dreams [important]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fucked up dreams [important]
    Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 8:57pm

I need help, guys. I understand this isn't a question and answer board but since I know and trust this forum the most I really need some advice.

Lately I've been having some really fucked up dreams. And I don't mean the "someone dies" kind of dreams. I won't go into full detail about the dreams, but they are unbelievably fucked up, vivid, nightmarish, and leave me with a cold chill down my spine whenever I wake up. I've been known to have strange dreams in the past, but these are just too much - too intense and overwhelmingly negative. Right now I'm shaking just thinking about it, to be honest.

It wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that in the dreams, I'M always the one committing these horrible crimes and doing stuff that only someone heartless would do, and it's making me worried.

I don't know what'll happen, but I just need some help or advice to make this go away. Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 2:06am
The mind play tricks on you while you dream...I believe dreams are cleansing. Even nightmares. Sometimes they show us the deepest darkest parts of our subconscious, which does things that we would never even think about doing in real life.

Don�t forget that you are an animal. A highly evolved animal, but still an animal with animal instincts, such as primal lust and aggression. Most people are able to control those primal urges and live "normal" lives without hurting other people, while there are few people who can�t control them and usually end up in jail. Those of us who can control the urges, still have them though. I think dreams are just one of the means for our mind to live out those primal urges and thereby help us control them in real life. These things can be buried deep in your subconscious and therefore it�s not something you necessarily think about in your everyday life. But in dreams they surface...

...I wouldn�t worry one bit unless you begin to fantasize and obsess about those things constantly while you are awake...then I�d seek help...
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 2:35am
I wouldn't be too worried about it Smile. Like UMUR said we all have a dark side to us and dreams are able to show us them, I've had some horrific nightmares myself but I always end up living happily. I hope that this helpsThumbs Up
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 10:26pm
This is going to sound weird, but have you ever tried lucid dreaming?  Logic would say that if you could control your dreams, you could keep all of the bad shit out of them.  I've never tried it but it sounds cool at least.

Also make sure you're practicing good "sleep hygiene."  Don't go straight from staring at your computer to sleeping, don't do anything in your bed other than sleeping or reading (or sex Wink), yadda yadda.  I don't know how much this will actually help you but it's good to keep in mind because these little things really are good for you.

I would, at the very least, try to keep a log of what you're dreaming so a trained therapist can help you. 
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Diogenes Diogenes wrote:

This is going to sound weird, but have you ever tried lucid dreaming?  Logic would say that if you could control your dreams, you could keep all of the bad shit out of them.  I've never tried it but it sounds cool at least. 

I've tried dream-initiated lucid dreaming many times in which I became aware that I was dreaming as the dream progressed and could control aspects of the dream, but I have never tried lucid dreaming that I initiated myself and was 100% in control of the dream. One thing that I have been able to do while in a dream-initiated lucid dream is to wake up at will, of you know what I mean.
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 6:01pm
Yeah, I used to get horrible dreams too so my sister told me to imagine your dreams are a TV and you change it when you don't like them. 
 Haven't had a bad dream since ^^. Hope your problem does get solved though :o good luck dude
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic