MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deathcore + Hardcore, Suggested by UMUR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deathcore + Hardcore, Suggested by UMUR
    Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 9:44am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I noticed that there�s a metalcore sub but not a deathcore sub. So I�d like to suggest a Deathcore sub and well also a Hardcore sub. I realise that Hardcore is rooted in punk and punk isn�t exactly metal but there are many hardcore artists that blend metal elements into their sound. Take Biohazard or Hatebreed for example.

Let's talk about this...

How about DEATHCORE could be included in the DEATH METAL subgenre ?

HARDCORE, not sure, what metal heads in general thinks about this one, I am kind of not incline to add it ?

Edited by m@x - 27 Mar 2010 at 2:50pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 12:20pm

I actually agree with Deathcore bands being put into the death metal sub, and my initial suggestion was more based on metalcore having its own subgenre, which I find unnecessary as most metalcore acts as far as I understand are american bands playing their own version of the melodic gothenburg death metal style. So I�m sorry that I was a bit vague in my suggestion. So here it is: Is there really a need for a seperat metalcore genre?

I of course stand by my hardcore sub suggestion because were would you put bands like Biohazard and Hatebreed if not in a hardcore sub?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 1:10pm
Hmm...I see that my definition of metalcore is pretty different from the one on the genre page. I guess I�ll let that one rest 

Opinions about a hardcore sub are still interesting though.

Edited by UMUR - 26 Mar 2010 at 1:10pm
DeathOfSeasons View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathOfSeasons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 6:30pm
I guess it could, but what do you do with Deathcore bands that are just as much Metalcore as they are Deathcore? Take Salt the Wound or Bring Me the Horizon for example, do they go under Metalcore or Death Metal? I'd say Metalcore.
Waiting View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waiting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 9:39am
I dont know, Deathcore and metalcore have distinguished themselves far from any kind of death metal in my opinion, and are closer to hardcore, and even grindcore (annotations of an autopsy, beneath the massacre, Waking the cadaver). This difference is not only found in the music played (breakdownsTongue), but also in mentality. Subject matter in metal/deathcore is more about relationships, and problems with people in contrast to death and morbid, gory imagery portrayed by death metal groups (though some deathcore groups like Chelsea Grin shore the gory subject matter). I might just be being knit-picky, but when you listen to a more straight forward death metal group like Cannibal corpse, Morbid angel, or even Necrophagist, finding simularities to the Devil wears prada, Bring me the Horizon, or All shall parish is a hard thing to do.

IMO, the deathcore groups should go to metalcore, unless they have very strong death metal roots like Job For a Cowboy, or Belay my last.
DeathOfSeasons View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathOfSeasons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 7:49pm
Well is there anyway we could get Deathcore added as a new genre? It would seem that most Deathcore is too Death Metal to be Metalcore but too Metalcore to be Death Metal if that makes sense Big smile
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 10:30pm
Again, as i said previously, we need to think about the visitors/metal newbie(intermediate) that want the site help him discover new music.

While I understand the need to SPLIT styles, we must also keep in mind the re-grouping, re-grouping bands/albums that drive similar fans (if this may help).

I think that too many sub-genres on the site, will confuse more than help.

Confused
MrEdifus View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrEdifus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 10:31pm
As far as the general metal community is concerned, metalcore and deathcore share a "lower tier" of metal. So I think it makes the most sense to put the two of them together.
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 10:38pm
So... Metalcore that include Deathcore, good.

Any other sub-genres that can fit in the main Metalcore ? 
MrEdifus View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrEdifus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 10:42pm
I can't think of any others, really. Except for actual hardcore and post-hardcore, neither of which is really metal, nothing else really fits the -core label.
Waiting View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waiting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by m@x m@x wrote:

So... Metalcore that include Deathcore, good.

Seconded.

"Amidst Universal Pandemonium and Those Who Slither and Crawl Shall Rise Again Once More to Inherit the Earth"
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 11:01pm
Done, metalcore + deathcore + mathcore , all grouped as METALCORE.

Great. thanks guys.

Now it's time to clean up and make sure the albums listed is OK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic