0 [0.00%]
1 [1.89%]
1 [1.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonnek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 7:14am

I find the whole folk-metal scene very trivial and generic. So I voted for that.
There once was one great folk-metal band Skyclad but everything that's been released in the 00's is a formulaic sznoozefest.

The same goes for Gothic Metal but that genre had more great pioneers (Paradise Lost, Katatonia, Tiamat, ...)

I don't like most of the glam-metal thing neither but that's more a matter of taste. I'm sure there's some great stuff in there.

Edited by bonnek - 02 May 2010 at 7:15am
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 7:33am
OK, since this poll is based on personal preference (or lack thereof), I've changed the title from 'worst' (which is an objective statement) to 'least favourite'. Thanks a lot to everyone for having kept the thread perfectly civil so far, avoiding the mindless bashing that is far too often to be seen in similar threadsSmile.
The Pessimist View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Pessimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 12:41pm
Awwwww Grindcore is second?

Power Metal is probably my least favourite. Never really got it, and a lot of it is really cheesy.
Citizen Erased View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Erased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 2:58pm
Black Kvlt metal, for the reasons posted in my Hello thread.

Metalcore is generally pretty balls though. And Nu Metal I don't really consider metal.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 3:08pm
What's with the grindcore hate?
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

Wink
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 4:31pm
^^ Heheheheheheh.... hillarious!
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I absolutely cannot stand Anal Cunt's music, but some of their stuff is absolutely hilarious! The video that goes along with it is priceless as well!LOL
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 6:07am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I absolutely cannot stand Anal Cunt's music, but some of their stuff is absolutely hilarious! The video that goes along with it is priceless as well!LOL

I feel the same. I don't particularly like their music, but I think that they're pretty much an anti-music band anyway, but their lyrics are extermely funny.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 5:49pm
^I find both their music and lyrics to be hilarious. Well, the music is hilarious maybe a couple songs through and then the gimmick's over. But then the lyrics never get old.

But seriously, sometimes there's not much better than Pig Destroyer or Cephalic Carnage.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 6:45pm

^I find both their music and lyrics to be hilarious. Well, the music is hilarious maybe a couple songs through and then the gimmick's over. But then the lyrics never get old.

But seriously, sometimes there's not much better than Pig Destroyer or Cephalic Carnage.

Not familiar with Pig Destroyer, but I do like some of Cephalic Carnage's work. Lucid Interval is my favorite by far! Clap
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Pessimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 9:04pm

Not familiar with Pig Destroyer, but I do like some of Cephalic Carnage's work. Lucid Interval is my favorite by far! Clap

Hehe, I love you guys...

You can tell you came from ProgArchives

Still, Pig Destroyer kick serious ass. So do Cephalic Carnage. You should check out Terrifyer - Pig Destroyer Jeff, right up your street if you like Lucid Interval
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 2:04pm

Wink

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by The Pessimist The Pessimist wrote:

Hehe, I love you guys...

Still, Pig Destroyer kick serious ass. So do Cephalic Carnage. You should check out Terrifyer - Pig Destroyer Jeff, right up your street if you like Lucid Interval

Thanks for the recommendation. I think I'm going to get some of the earlier CC albums as well. Are they any good? I immensely dislike the brutal death metal on Anomalies, but I love the progressive and technical grindcore style on Lucid Interval. Thumbs Up
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 5:03pm
I don't know that I've heard all of these categories but I know that I don't like death metal nor black metal.  I suspect that I probably wouldn't like grindcore either.  I voted for death metal but neither of those categories are my bag.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Pessimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 5:55pm

Hehe, I love you guys...

Thanks for the recommendation. I think I'm going to get some of the earlier CC albums as well. Are they any good? I immensely dislike the brutal death metal on Anomalies, but I love the progressive and technical grindcore style on Lucid Interval. Thumbs Up

Well I think that Expliting Dysfunction is pretty similar in style to Lucid Interval, but my only beef with it is the horrific production. If you can see past that I think it may be even more experimental than the former. Check this sample out:

Off the same album, presents the style pretty well I think. Personally I love it.

1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 1:38pm
I vote for Traditional. But Classic is better because I love Trad, Power, Thrash, Epic, Symphonic and Progressive... In definitive I love all the genres of Power (Classic) Metal Revival of 90's!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by 1967/ 1976 1967/ 1976 wrote:

I vote for Traditional. But Classic is better because I love Trad, Power, Thrash, Epic, Symphonic and Progressive... In definitive I love all the genres of Power (Classic) Metal Revival of 90's!

But the vote is for the LEAST favorite genre. Or did I misunderstand something?
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:40pm

Hehe, I love you guys...

Well I think that Expliting Dysfunction is pretty similar in style to Lucid Interval, but my only beef with it is the horrific production. If you can see past that I think it may be even more experimental than the former. Check this sample out:

Off the same album, presents the style pretty well I think. Personally I love it.

Sounds pretty cool! I know that my record store has (or had, I should say) their second album, so I may pick that up tomorrow. Thumbs Up
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:42pm
I love Prog/Avant metal, but Post Metal is perhaps my favourite at the moment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic