MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why is Kings X not on MMA?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DT*RUSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why is Kings X not on MMA?
    Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 8:38pm
I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this. I'm not an expert on the band but I'm just wondering why they are absent from this website? I had to say wtf to myself when I noticed that the Kingsmen are on here but not Kings X. Are the Kingsmen(of "louie louie" fame)really more deserving to be on a metal site than Kings X? Somehow I doubt it.

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 8:44pm
They're on the database: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/kings-x.aspx

Did you forget the apostrophe when using the search box?
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
DT*RUSH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DT*RUSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 8:50pm
Thanks J-Man. Yeah, I guess I did forget the apostrophe. When I just typed in King I thought they would pop up and I played around with it but didn't do it with it the apostrophe. I know they are generally considered to be one of the most under rated bands on the planet but I was surprised when they didn't show up at first. My silly mistake. Tongue
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 9:02pm
No harm done! Thumbs Up
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

No harm done! Thumbs Up

Yep.  I'm just glad to see people take interest in a cool band. Big smile
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 9:19pm
...I guess this is a bad time to admit that I've only heard Faith Hope Love two or three times? Tongue Come to think of it, I do own a few of their other albums too. I should probably listen to them in the near future.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 3:17pm
King's X are one of my favorites.  I also recommend checking out their various side projects and solo albums.
DT*RUSH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DT*RUSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 5:38pm
I have no King's X at the moment but I do have the two Jelly Jam albums which I think have one of the members. Can anyone confirm this? I could be wrong or getting them mixed up with another band.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 7:50pm

"What's this?  Gretchen went to Nebraska.  Fuck Gretchen; I give a shit where she goes!  Does she have nice tits?  Send me a picture of Gretchen's tits.  Then, I know I'm going to have a happy new year!"
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by DT*RUSH DT*RUSH wrote:

I have no King's X at the moment but I do have the two Jelly Jam albums which I think have one of the members. Can anyone confirm this? I could be wrong or getting them mixed up with another band.
yes. Ty Tabor is in Jelly Jam.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 7:57am
never heard of dat band
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 10:16am
Love King's X !!! 

One of my favorite bands, I've seen 'em 4 times in concert Smile

They are one of those bands that are 'almost' metal....and 'almost' prog too, come to think of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic