MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Metal drop-in centre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 20>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 11:36am
I've been so hooked on this one lately:

If only I would've discovered it earlier...
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 1:19pm
^ Perfect! Clap One of the most important albums for me. Bought it recently on vinyl = even better!
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 4:52am
Thats a good album. Have any of you heard the new samples off his upcoming album?
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 3:11am
Lifted from the recent purchase's thread...
Originally posted by Vehemency Vehemency wrote:

BLOODHAMMER & RIDE FOR REVENGE: "Chords of the Left Hand" CD

Little expensive, but the LP artwork is lovely...

You listened to it much yet? I'm enjoying the Ride For Revenge cut more out of the two; lo-if sludge induced BM... reverberating noise with bestial desecration vociferated over top. Bit uneven. Anyone got suggestion for their other stuff? Split with Goatmoon looks, somewhat, promising.    

Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 4:22am
Haven't listened to it yet, I've got a shitload of material around me unlistened, soon I'm literally flooded with all this stuff lying around me haha. Really looking forward to hearing this material from Ride for Revenge, I've heard it's different than their other material. So don't expect RfR to sound like that on their other releases. From what I've gathered, on this split RfR delivers fast bursts of noisy black metal, but usually RfR is slow/midpaced ritualistic weird simplicity, as in...

It's fucking awesome tho'. Usually a little harsher than that clip, and there's pure noise tracks too.

I suppose the style on the split is more in the vein of FLOODED CHURCH OF ASMODEUS, another project of the main member behind RfR. I really recommend this utterly chaotic and noisy tape:

Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 4:49am
^^^^ thanks... there's two short, ritual-esque tracks (the opener 'n' one halfway through) on the split, but, yeh, the rest is fast bursts of noisy BM, with an angular slant. I'll keep an eye out for Wisdom of the Few

Seen that Flooded Church of Asmodeus flottin' 'round on a blog, duly noted :) 
Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 5:16pm
Just recently got into black metal, a little. I really like some of Burzum's stuff and the new Shroud of Despondency album, other than that does anyone have suggestions? And yes I know about Epoch, I've been trying to get it Tongue

Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 12:32am
I've now given the RfR split a listen an am liking it though I think Flooded Church of Asmodeus does even better job at this fucked up chaos. Really enjoying this split nonetheless. Also, can't go wrong with a live setting like this:

LOL

Edited by Vehemency - 18 Feb 2011 at 12:32am
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 12:34am
Originally posted by The Block The Block wrote:

Just recently got into black metal, a little. I really like some of Burzum's stuff and the new Shroud of Despondency album, other than that does anyone have suggestions? And yes I know about Epoch, I've been trying to get it Tongue
If you are able to dig Burzum, then perhaps you would like Drudkh. You could start with Blood in Our Wells and maybe then Autumn Aurora that is a bit simplier and lo-fi, but utterly beautiful.
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 5:57pm
drudkh were cool in 2009
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 6:36pm

If you are able to dig Burzum, then perhaps you would like Drudkh. You could start with Blood in Our Wells and maybe then Autumn Aurora that is a bit simplier and lo-fi, but utterly beautiful.

Drudkh is an excellent suggestion! I would also try getting some Enslaved if I were you, Brian. I know you're into more extreme prog metal bands like Opeth (I think)... Enslaved is very similar to Opeth, except black metal instead of death metal. (Which probably makes them extremely different, but you hopefully get the point Tongue)

Or, the darkest of them all... Negura Bunget's Om.... Damn, that is one evil album. Evil Smile
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 7:21pm

entry level music \m/

The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Drudkh is an excellent suggestion! I would also try getting some Enslaved if I were you, Brian. I know you're into more extreme prog metal bands like Opeth (I think)... Enslaved is very similar to Opeth, except black metal instead of death metal. (Which probably makes them extremely different, but you hopefully get the point Tongue)

Or, the darkest of them all... Negura Bunget's Om.... Damn, that is one evil album. Evil Smile

Sounds like I have some stuff to get! Wink

7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 8:45pm
why havnt you already
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by 7997ism 7997ism wrote:

why havnt you already

Question
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 9:31pm
Ermm
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 10:32pm
I think he's just being obnoxious LOL
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 10:33pm
sweet dystopiaBeer
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 5:24pm
First listening of Flooded Church of Asmodeus occurred last night filtered through a haze of somnolence and a drunken uproar that was my living room. Really dirty. The scattered movie (? or were these self made?) monologues split up the intensity nicely providing a slight more palatable listen.

RfR in the mail.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 7:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 20>
  Share Topic