MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 releases you are looking forward to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 3:32am
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

Is the collaberation of arch and matheos working on new material?

Not aware of it and with the new Fates Warning release due this summer I can't see it for a while but thats down to JM I guess.

This is the latest on FW.

"I'm happy to say that all the music for FW11 is now written (finally!). Still some lyrics to do, but we're close. Looking forward to sharing this with you in 2013." - Jim Matheos
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

Is the collaberation of arch and matheos working on new material?

Not aware of it and with the new Fates Warning release due this summer I can't see it for a while but thats down to JM I guess.

This is the latest on FW.

"I'm happy to say that all the music for FW11 is now written (finally!). Still some lyrics to do, but we're close. Looking forward to sharing this with you in 2013." - Jim Matheos
never listened to fates warning before
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 12:41pm
Did you like "Sympathetic Resonance"?
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 1:32pm

yes its very good
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 3:37pm
Their last album happened to be the album of the year 2011 and I couldn't even sit through the whole thing, not to mention enjoying it. So I sincerely hope they're not working on new material, I'm sorry to say that... just had to find an outlet for frustration I feel every time I visit the main pageTongue

Edited by bartosso - 01 Feb 2013 at 3:39pm
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 4:53pm
One that I forgot is the new Saxon album Sacrifice which I have pre-ordered Thumbs Up 
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

Their last album happened to be the album of the year 2011 and I couldn't even sit through the whole thing, not to mention enjoying it. So I sincerely hope they're not working on new material, I'm sorry to say that... just had to find an outlet for frustration I feel every time I visit the main pageTongue
explain to me what you think is so wrong with the arch and matheos album because all i hear when i listen to it is beautifully and meticulously  made progressive metal
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 8:20pm
Oh it's very simple and I almost feel embarrassed to use that kind of argument... but I just hate his vocals. Besides that's not exactly a type of progressive metal I like. It's definitely an extremely well-crafted album though, and some parts are really interesting.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:35am

Oh it's very simple and I almost feel embarrassed to use that kind of argument... but I just hate his vocals. Besides that's not exactly a type of progressive metal I like. It's definitely an extremely well-crafted album though, and some parts are really interesting.
ok now i see what you don't like about it. But from your post above i thought you thought it was pure garbage. also i don't how you can go from not wanting them to do another album to saying their current album is well crafted
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 5:49am
Relax dude! All I'm saying is that an album I don't like ended up being the collaborators album of the year. I haven't been COMPLETELY serious when I said I didn't want them to work together again. I don't really care. I just think Sympathetic Resonance is a classic prog metal album and as such it appeals mostly to people who like the genre. I'd like MMA to be a universal site for all fans of metal but by showing this album to newcomers as our favourite of the year 2011, we send them a message: "this is a site dominated by classic prog metal fans". I just don't want MMA to be that way forever.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 6:07am
I thought that album was good, but not that good. Instrumentally it was top notch prog metal but the vocals struck me as a very acquired taste and it took me several listens to at least be able to tolerate them. I can understand why it won though so it doesn't really bother me. Bilateral by Leprous coming (joint) second is a different matter. That album bored me to death. 

Though it is true we are still very prog dominated here, but remember that despite the last few years, a black metal album was voted top by the collabs in 2010.http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1371

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 10:10am

Relax dude! All I'm saying is that an album I don't like ended up being the collaborators album of the year. I haven't been COMPLETELY serious when I said I didn't want them to work together again. I don't really care. I just think Sympathetic Resonance is a classic prog metal album and as such it appeals mostly to people who like the genre. I'd like MMA to be a universal site for all fans of metal but by showing this album to newcomers as our favourite of the year 2011, we send them a message: "this is a site dominated by classic prog metal fans". I just don't want MMA to be that way forever.
cool i understand your points and don't need to argue anymore
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 10:26am
^ well, all I can say is thank you for civil discussion  

As for 2013 albums I'm waiting for, let's see... I need to listen to the new Fen, I've just read Adam's review. New EP from Jess and The Ancient Ones is on my waiting list too. And I want to check out Salvation by The Prophecy. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 10:27am
Yep the new Fen is spectacular. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 1:11pm

yes its very good

In which case you will like FW (and maybe a lot) Big smile
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 7:34am

yes its very good

In which case you will like FW (and maybe a lot) Big smile
cool prog metal is the shit after thrash
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:39pm
havok i believe is doing another album cant want to see what they do on it. also warbringer if they do an album
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:31am
The new Angra release with Fabio Lione.

The new The Reptilians album, called "The Breakers", which will be released in the first semester of 2013.

The concept album by Torture Squad, about the brazilian dictatorship, which (maybe) will be released this year.

The new album of the prog metallers of Dynahead.

The new album of Imago Mortis.

vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

holy fuck angra is doing a new album? damn can't wait they kick ass...... unless it's not confirmed and your just waiting for them to start
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 10:51am

Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

holy fuck angra is doing a new album? damn can't wait they kick ass...... unless it's not confirmed and your just waiting for them to start

Yes, I am waiting them to start...Cry

Fabio Lione will do some shows, but I am hoping to see he as a real member soon!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic