MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THE RABID WHOLE Post Teaser For Upcoming VideoTHE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE RABID WHOLE Post Teaser For Upcoming VideoTHE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE RABID WHOLE Post Teaser For Upcoming VideoTHE
    Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 2:27pm

THE RABID WHOLE Post Teaser For Upcoming Music Video 'Future' + Show Dates In Montreal & Sherbrooke

From Left to Right:  JJ Tartaglia: Drums | Andreas Weiss: Vocals, Guitar | Oscar Anesetti: Bass Guitar | Chalsey Noelle: Keyboards, Vocals | George Radutu: Guitar (Photo Credit: Darko � www.darkophoto.comDOWNLOAD - HIGH-RES PRESS PHOTO ]

Electro alt rockers The Rabid Whole are giving fans a sneak peak of what's to come in the New Year as the band will be releasing their new music video 'Future', but before they do, they have posted a teaser online. Check it out at the following link below.

Teaser Video - 'Future' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVmj1W2kRuo 

the rabid whole - "future" boondale records (teaser)

Video Credits: Directed by Shawn Haynes

http://www.loveandcrossbones.com/ 

In additional news, TRW will be bracing Quebec's snow and slush and playing back to back dates across the province, December 14th & 15th stopping in Montreal and Sherbrooke with Ogenix & Nanochrist. 

Show Dates:
Dec 14th: Montreal @ Cafe Chaos w/Ogenix + Nanochrist - Show Details 
Dec 15th: Sherbrooke @ Bar Le Magog 
w/Ogenix + Nanochrist (Goth-Industrial-Metal night) - Show Details

Drum Solo at Indie Week - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-S8f3NQMQ

the rabid whole drum solo.mov

FREE DOWNLOAD - 'Delusion' - http://puregrainaudio.com/audio/the-rabid-whole-delusion-free-download

FREE DOWNLOAD - 'Future' - http://puregrainaudio.com/audio/the-rabid-whole-future-free-download

Full stream of album - 'Refuge':
http://puregrainaudio.com/audio/the-rabid-whole-refuge-album-stream-exclusive-world-premiere

"Refuge"

1. Future
2. Metro
3. Corporate
4. New System
5. Serenity Falls
6. Solution
7. Rhythmic Reflection
8. Stargazer
9. Delusion
10. Refuge

About:

There�s something to be said for fate in the music world. One moment you�re left with the skeleton of a band, unsure when you�ll be able to follow your calling again, the next you�ve got a whole new line-up, a brand new home, a stronger, more defined sound and are recording with some of the biggest names in the industry. This is the tale of The Rabid Whole.

Disenchanted with playing in bands whose music was unchallenging and run of the mill, vocalist/multi-instrumentalist Andreas Weiss set out to remedy his predicament. Purchasing an arsenal of music and noise-making gadgets, he began writing songs for his own band�s 2009 debut album, Autramaton.

Recruiting musicians along the way, the first incarnation of The Rabid Whole was solidified, releasing their first album and touring Canada, sharing the stage with the likes of The Birthday Massacre, Econoline Crush, Hinder, Apoptygma Berzerk, and 16Volt.

But that�s when things began to take a turn. Following the departure of several band members, Weiss decided to leave his hometown of Regina, SK behind, taking a leap of faith and moving to Toronto, ON along with guitarist and founding member George Radutu.

Through some lucky online ads, he discovered drummer JJ Tartaglia and bass guitarist Oscar Anesetti while a Christmas trip back home to Regina put him face-to-face with Chalsey Noelle, a friend of a friend looking for a new career path after quitting her job. Wouldn�t you know it � Noelle was a talented keyboardist and vocalist.

Now, the new and improved Rabid Whole is set to release their second album, Refuge, on May 1, 2012. A direct reflection of the emotional and external changes of Weiss� journey, the album deals with relatable themes.

�I sold my house, quit my engineering consultant job and moved�We were starting from square one again, but with more uncertainties than ever and weren�t sure when we would even have a full band again. Part of the writing had begun randomly scattered over the past couple of years, but the majority came right after the move. I set up the studio in the basement of my house and got to work. I didn�t leave the house for two months and wrote from the moment I�d wake up until I�d fall asleep,� says Weiss.

Recorded and produced by Karl Schubach (Misery Signals, Solace), mixed by Dave Ogilvie (Jakalope, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson) and mastered by Noah Mintz (Broken Social Scene, Death From Above 1979), the finished product delivers rock and electronic elements pushed to the max, a male and female vocal showdown and, as Weiss puts it, showcases �a 21st century, high-energy, electro alternative, orgasmic-punch-in-the-face-rock band.�

Isn�t it time you fell down the rabid whole?

- 30 -

The Rabid Whole � Refuge (2012)

Release Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Label: Boonsdale Records

R.I.Y.L. -  Nine Inch Nails, Shiny Toy Guns, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Birthday Massacre, Linkin' Park

Band Management � band(@)therabidwhole.com

��it�s about time that a band comes along from the great white north that is able to capture the delicate balance of alternative rock with the danceable and mechanized sounds of industrial.�collects vigorous hard rock riffs�catchy song writing, a dash of electronic edginess, and finishes them all off with the melodic vocals of charismatic frontman Andreas Weiss.� � Outburn Magazine

�From start to finish Refuge presents a strong, varied and beautifully polished album. Whether we�re getting revved up with songs like �Future� or grooving in the softly sweet �Serenity Falls� the band comes across as finely coordinated. They operate really well together and show a willingness to experiment and play off each other. I�m on my third listen-through of Refuge and I haven�t found a thing about which to complain. I definitely recommend checking out this LP, we�re going to be hearing more of Rabid Whole.� � WeLoveRocknPop.com

��crawling, angst ridden with acidic bite�every bit as virulent as its name implies�It catches and sticks in your head holding on with spider like claws.� � Fangoria Magazine

��the diverse roots seep like unnoticed ingredients, making a rather surprising dish.�when you are done with those drool cups, take a moment to let the unique approach of this project infect you.� � Vampirefreaks.com

�I have listened to Autraumaton on repeat and every time it still remains fresh�a truly great album. Fans of Linkin Park, Static-X, and APE will enjoy this record.com� � Puregrainaudio.com

��fresh, catchy and energetic, not falling into the mainstream pit�a 30 Seconds to Mars-ish feeling to them�exploring both the heavy and electronic side, combining heavy riffs, groovy beats and atmospheric samples along with screeching synthesizer sound�.They hit you right away and you sit there through the whole album with your mouth open�� � Abort Magazine

��could easily be recognized as part of that new generation of industrial-rock �coldwave� artists�heavy guitars and tortured vocals, with just a touch of post-goth glitter that evokes thoughts of The Birthday Massacre�Sort of like Stabbing Westward before their radio-friendly crescendo.� � Side-Line Music Magazine

��Nine Inch Nails accented with similar emotional tones�excellent electronic-rock, both tempting and edgy.� � Fabryka Industrial Rock Magazine

��before you know it you�re getting tugged into a tearing circle of raging, soaring guitars, propelling drum blasts and the greatly diversified vocal delivery�a ferocious weapon�a high-octane hybrid of Rock and electronics that nobody who�s heard it once will soon forget.� � Reflections of Darkness Web Zine

��an awesome mix of electronic, rock and industrial ready to take on the world with their incredibly refreshing sound.�- Gothicinternational.com

"Refuge" - Album Credits:

LABEL: Boonsdale Records
DISTRIBUTION: Storming The Base, FiXT, Tunecore
CATOLOG # BDR0102
UPC CODE # 881295552845
� All songs performed by: The Rabid Whole
� All songs written by: Andreas Weiss
� Produced by: Karl Schubach, Andreas Weiss
� Mixed by: Dave Ogilvie
� Mastered by: Noah Mintz
� Single released: Future (Radio Edit)

MAPL Logosocan logo

Shared Stage w/

Hinder
Econoline Crush
The Birthday Massacre
Hanzel Und Gretyl
16Volt
Left Spine Down

Past Festival Performances:

2012 � CMW (Toronto, ON)
2012 � Red Gorilla Showcases (Austin, TX)
2011 � Indieweek (Toronto, ON)
2008 � The Wolf Canada Day Festival (Regina, SK)
2008 � Cathedral Village Arts Festival (Regina, SK)
2008 � Gateway Festival (Bengough, SK)
2008 � Field Fest (Craik, SK)

Awards & Nominations

2012 - Nominated Best Electronic - Toronto Independent Music Awards

Music Placements:

2012 -  The Death of Michael Callaghan- indie film shown at The Young Cuts Film Festival in Montreal, QC
2012 � Redshift � indie film from Montreal
2012 � Gunderson � Saskatchewan Web series,

Discography

Autraumaton Remixed (Cover Art)
AUTRAUMATON REMIXED � Release Date: February 8, 2011
LABEL:  Synthetic Sounds (2008-2011), The Rabid Whole  (2011-present)
DISTRIBUTION: Storming The Base, FiXT, Alive, Tunecore
CATOLOG # SYN-13
UPC CODE # 829982122285
� Mastered by: Scott Fox
1. Collapse (Temptation Mix by Sebastian Komor)
2. All The Same (Euromix By XP8)
3. Faith In Yesterday (Kevvy Mental Dead Souls Mix)
4. Harder To Be True (Assemblage 23 Mix)
5. Selfish Whole (Angelspit Mix)
6. The Strings Inside (Psykkle Mix)
7. My Love, My Blood (Mind.In.A.Box Mix)
8. Tell Me Lies (Virtual Terrorist Mix)
9. Selfish Nature (16Volt Mix)
10. Distant Blue Skies (Wasteland Sky Mix by George V. Radutu):
11. Love Song For A Vampire:
12. Evidence Of The Fall (Faith In Nothing Mix by Left Spine Down)

Autraumaton (Cover Art)

AUTRAUMATON � Release Date: April 9, 2009 
LABEL:  Synthetic Sounds (2008-2011), The Rabid Whole  (2011-present), Danse Macabre (2009-Present)
DISTRIBUTION: Storming The Base, FiXT, Alive, Tunecore
CATALOG # SYN-03
UPC CODE # 829982108142
� Produced by: Karl Schubach, Andreas Weiss
� Mixed by: Karl Schubach
� Mastered by: Shaun Thingvold
� Single released: All The Same

1. All The Same
2. Harder To Be True
3. Selfish Nature