MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Dark Tranquility Album? (Fixed)

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: What's the Best Dark Tranquility Album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [14.29%]
2 [28.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [14.29%]
2 [28.57%]
1 [14.29%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Dark Tranquility Album? (Fixed)
    Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 5:09pm
I screwed up the last one I posted. Can someone remove that?

What's your favorite Dark Tranquility album?

No one ever talks about these guys around here. I love them! Best melo-death ever.

www.withinareverie.blogspot.com
soundcloud.com/withinareverie
facebook.com/withinareverie
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 5:22pm
I removed the last poll for you. Smile

As for my answer?  I haven't listened to that much Dark Tranquility, at least not in a few years.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 5:27pm
Voted for The Gallery, seeing as it's the only album of theirs I've listened to so far, and a very good one at that
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 8:02pm
The Gallery is amazing! I dig Skydancer too, but I gotta say that Haven through Fiction is probably their golden era. Amazing stuff. In my opinion they are one of those groups that gets overlooked because of a predominance of verse/chorus structures in their tunes, and people completely miss out on the brilliant arrangement and creativity of the instrumentation itself. Although, if The Gallery is the only one that you've listened to, then that would not be evident. Very progressive song structures there.

Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 8:02pm
Oh, and thanks, Stooge!

Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 12:55pm
Character for me.

Every song is good on that one, no filler. Outstanding riffs, and the keyboards just help make the moodiness throughout the album.

I just can't get into the first couple much, just because of the rawer recording. And I don't think they were quite 'there' on the songwriting, either.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 5:05pm
I haven't heard many but I think Fiction was the one I liked the most.  Good band though with a really consistent discography.
Mj�llnir View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mj�llnir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 4:29am
I've always been partial to The Gallery, and Damage Done, but I cast my vote for the former. Seeing these guys perform at a tiny venue in York was an experience I won't forget.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 8:54am
not gonna vote because i have had a lot of their stuff on my phone for like a year now and only listened to some of the gallery and the minds i and fiction but i listened to all of  character and loved it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic