Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 257>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 11:27pm
Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)
I watched this earlier tonight. It's better in some ways than the first film, but it's also inferior in a few different ways. Ultimately, the effect is pretty much the same as the first movie. 3/5
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 4:20pm

Visually impressive and very entertaining.... but lacking the Tintin spirit that I fell in love with as a child.
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 2:19am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)
I watched this earlier tonight. It's better in some ways than the first film, but it's also inferior in a few different ways. Ultimately, the effect is pretty much the same as the first movie. 3/5

Just saw a 3rd one and scared me pretty bad, actually...
Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zargus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 7:58am
Hell Yeahhh! Evil Smile
http://www.riseaboverecords.com/wp-content/uploads/BLOOD-CEREMONY-new-2016.jpg
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 12:44pm
I watched Nosferatu, but I got bored with it halfway through so I stopped.  Goddamn silent movies.
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

I watched Nosferatu, but I got bored with it halfway through so I stopped.  Goddamn silent movies.

The 1922 version?...You got bored?...That's one of my favorites. Cry
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 7:17pm
Four Brothers Poster
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 9:27pm
Strangers on a Train (1951)

Great movie! Not my favorite Hitchcock film, but a solid 4/5 nonetheless. Thumbs Up
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Xaxaar Xaxaar wrote:

I've only seen that one once.  The version I saw had Type O Negative playing as the soundtrack.  Is the most popular version completely silent, or is there any less-modern musical accompaniment?
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Originally posted by Xaxaar Xaxaar wrote:

I've only seen that one once.  The version I saw had Type O Negative playing as the soundtrack.  Is the most popular version completely silent, or is there any less-modern musical accompaniment?

The 1922 (most popular? In my sheltered world, probably, yes) version is silent. Nosferatu the Vampyre, Herzog '79 the score was written by Florian Frickle and played by Popol Vuh.
Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 9:10pm

This was really creepy.
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 7:59am

mmmm...disappointing, but still not too bad. 6/10

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 8:09am
/QUOTE]

The 1922 (most popular? In my sheltered world, probably, yes) version is silent. Nosferatu the Vampyre, Herzog '79 the score was written by Florian Frickle and played by Popol Vuh.
[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see the 1979 Nosferatu movie, starring Klaus Kinski which from what i read is one of the best vampire movies ever made; I've yet to see a good, scary vampire movie. I saw most of the Christopher Lee Dracula saga; those movies are not scary, but enjoyable. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 2:11am
Did it work well in 3D?
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 4:16am
Eeecchh.... the Pirates of the Caribbean films are really awful. Hadn't it been for Johnny Depp, they would be completely unwatchable. I mean Keira Knightly and Orlando Bloom's acting is so wooden it hurts, and Penelope Cruz is awful in the fourth one.

Well, okay, the first one was quite good, and the fourth one wasn't that bad (not that good either).
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:36am
I�ve only seen the first one. Pretty entertaining, but as I haven�t seen the successors I guess my interest wasn�t that highSmile.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 11:23am
I think that the first one was really good and entertaining but the second one sucked so I skipped the third one. I agree with Kim that Orlando's acting sucks, but Keira is actually a decent actress, she's done pretty well in The Duchess. 

My friend talked me into going to see the newest "Pirates" and it was so boring... total waste of time. Well, okay, the mermaid was damn pretty, she was keeping me awake Big smile Even Depp, with his facial expressions, wasn't able to redeem that movie imho.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 11:58am
I saw the first one a long time ago, but I wasn't too interested in it at the time.  Haven't seen any of the sequels.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

I think that the first one was really good and entertaining but the second one sucked so I skipped the third one. I agree with Kim that Orlando's acting sucks, but Keira is actually a decent actress, she's done pretty well in The Duchess. 

My friend talked me into going to see the newest "Pirates" and it was so boring... total waste of time. Well, okay, the mermaid was damn pretty, she was keeping me awake Big smile Even Depp, with his facial expressions, wasn't able to redeem that movie imho.

I saw the newest Pirates movie in theaters as well, but I didn't watch more than the first 10 minutes of it (if you catch my drift....) Big smileLOL
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 4:30pm
I didn't even know there was a 4th one
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 257>
  Share Topic