Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 257>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 12:11pm
Hilarious. I liked it:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0942385/
Miss_Havisham View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss_Havisham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 12:11pm
"Level 16", for the second time. (The first was past year, I think).
"Once I believed
And I'd dream of a place
Where the weight of it all
Couldn't harm me
Now I know and I feel
This could never be real
On this path I walk alone."
AVRIGUS
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 10:43pm
One of two MCU movies I kept putting off for a while, because I wasn't all that interested. With Guardians 3 releasing on Disney+ this week, I figured I should watch at least one of them in the meantime, and obviously I wasn't picking Ant-Man 3 LOL (I will watch it eventually, but considering people are saying it's the worst in the trilogy, I'm expecting possibly the worst movie I've ever seen, and I'm sure not looking forward to it, LMFAO) 

This was fine, not bad, not great, just kinda there. I think the biggest difference between this and the first movie is that Shuri is not nearly as strong an MC as King T'Challa was. Otherwise, though, I thought it was a perfectly fine movie, nothing offensive, but nothing to really get excited about either. Which is still a win for post-Endgame MCU, I guess, lol
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2023 at 9:35pm

I need some time to fully sort out my thoughts on this, but it's definitely far better than the vast majority of anything Marvel has done since Endgame, as expected. Not sure I like it more than Vol . 2, but it definitely had some amazing moments, and while I saw some people complain about the ending, I thought it was perfect. 
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2023 at 8:40am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

One of two MCU movies I kept putting off for a while, because I wasn't all that interested. With Guardians 3 releasing on Disney+ this week, I figured I should watch at least one of them in the meantime, and obviously I wasn't picking Ant-Man 3 LOL (I will watch it eventually, but considering people are saying it's the worst in the trilogy, I'm expecting possibly the worst movie I've ever seen, and I'm sure not looking forward to it, LMFAO) 

This was fine, not bad, not great, just kinda there. I think the biggest difference between this and the first movie is that Shuri is not nearly as strong an MC as King T'Challa was. Otherwise, though, I thought it was a perfectly fine movie, nothing offensive, but nothing to really get excited about either. Which is still a win for post-Endgame MCU, I guess, lol

Watch this! It's great. It introduces Namor, the Submariner and the way it plays two hidden civilizations with advanced technologies against each other is quite rewarding (well Wakanda isn't hidden any more but used to be.) Yeah, Ant-Man 3 sucked big time. New Guardians of the Galaxy is great after three viewings and the new TV series Secret Invasion is decent as well and is clearly setting up a greater plot for following flix. I'm an MCU addict because the more you watch them and by watching EVERYTHING it rewards with subplots that will go over your head the first time around.
Kilimmaic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilimmaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 12:09pm

Finally watched Babylon and it was super interesting. The intricate storytelling and thought-provoking themes had me hooked. If you have a streaming device, Firestick for example, consider checking out this website https://www.firestickhow.com/beetv-apk-firestick.html for a handy streaming solution like BeeTV APK on Firestick. Actually it's great to have a wide range of content at my fingertips.

Edited by Kilimmaic - 29 Aug 2023 at 3:52am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 12:24am

Saw this as a kid and it's taken me years to figure out what it was so I could watch it again. Anyway, Roger Moore legendarily asked for his lines to be cut back in this movie: Sir Roger Moore requested to have fewer lines in his scenes with Richard Burton and Richard Harris. This kind of request was almost unheard of from a major star. His reasoning was, "You don't seriously expect me to act against these guys?"

Anyway, a fucking good watch. Unfortunately somewhat soured for being partially filmed in Apartheid-era South Africa.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 4:40am

And you couldn't get more different than The Wild Geese. Cute, simple, and very clever.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 1:00am

Somewhat controversial. Great music and great old stories though.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 2:40pm
My new movie intake is at a crawl right now, but my last ten first time viewings are on here:

I may have posted some of these. I think this is the longest interval since posting my last list of Last 10 for movies. 

Guardians 3 showed that's there's still some life in the ol' MCU. 

Quadrophenia was bloody brilliant too. Just watched it tonight. 

And recent re-watches on this one:

Some all time favourites, a touch of childhood nostalgia and the original Jurassic Park trilogy for the first time in so long it was almost like watching the movies for the first time again. The original is clearly still the best. Lost World is underrated. The third one I recall enjoy more when I was younger because I thought the Spinosaurus was so cool, but yeah, this one doesn't really hold up so well. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 1:25am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Some all time favourites, a touch of childhood nostalgia and the original Jurassic Park trilogy for the first time in so long it was almost like watching the movies for the first time again. The original is clearly still the best. Lost World is underrated. The third one I recall enjoy more when I was younger because I thought the Spinosaurus was so cool, but yeah, this one doesn't really hold up so well. 

I remember the third one fondly because it was the first pirated movie I ever saw.Big smile It was when I was living in South Korea, so 2001-2002. I used to spend all my spare time in a PC cafe. This Korean guy said to me "do you like movies?" (that was quite a common thing for people to say there as a friendly gesture) and I said I did. We ended up with about six people crowded around a 19" CRT monitor (that was BIG in those days!) watching it.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 11:32pm
Went on a nostalgia kick a couple of nights ago...only to realise that I must have only ever seen the tail end of this movie as a kid:

I bloody loved the Turtles when I was a kid, but I mostly had VHS tapes of the animated show and later on that live action show with the female turtle (which I seem to remember that for some reason was set in the Power Rangers universe Confused). 

I know I saw the two sequels to this one and I definitely had the third recorded off of the telly, but I always assumed thinking back that I must have seen this one as well, but turns out I definitely (mostly) hadn't. And I actually really enjoyed this one: it's not really a family centric film although of course it's only PG rated. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2023 at 5:28am

Based on the Thomas Pynchon novel of the same name - it's just as crazy and probably half as coherent. Love Joaquin Phoenix as Doc.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 12:37pm

Weird as fuck.
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 3:43am

Very effective early 70s sci-fi/horror. High production values, and doesn't look cheap and rushed like Hammer Horrors used to.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 5:40am

Not very interesting and not worth the time.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 2:20am

It's a Jacques Tati film, so it's full of gentle but fun physical humour in post-WWII France, where things are starting to get back to normal.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 5:35am

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6506264/

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 1:09am

Much improved. It's definitely up there with the best couple of movies in the series.

Edited by Vim Fuego - 06 Sep 2023 at 1:10am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 5:41am

A movie about one of the filthiest jokes ever told in all it's glorious, disgusting variations. So many comedians. And unfortunately, so many of them now dead.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 257>
  Share Topic