Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 196197198199200 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 3:51pm

Definitely takes its cues from Tarantino, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The final twist is too corny for my liking, but overall it's quite a fun western with some great characters. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:30pm

So NOW I've seen the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I knew some significant chunks of dialogue from different samples bands have used over the years!

A shitload better than the remake, even though the remake wasn't bad. Love the creepy furniture and the house in general. And there's A LOT of screaming.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 10:26pm

Not seen this in years! This is the movie that popularised "brains!", and fast moving and talking zombies. A great cast, including B-movie scream queen Linnea Quigley, who is naked for most of the movie...
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 12:21am

This is a bit of a change of pace compared to the last two I watched. I could watch Frances McDormand do nothing and still be entertained. And that's basically what Nomadland is - a gentle slice of life road trip.
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 10:27am
Necronos (2010 - Germany): The best horror/fantasy movie I've ever seen by far, and one of the best horror films that I know. The Germans did it! There are some scenes that may be nonsensical for the people who are not into fantasy very much. Like, Goran (a lesser demon) can be hurt by a metal stick, but not by guns. I think this is not even moot, in the fantasy context. The metal stick from a Medieval(esque) world can be enchanted and can damage some otherwise invincible creatures. This movie should be the definitive video art of the black metal heads. The hierarchy of evil was resplendently and grittily portrayed.

Huge warning and massive spoilers
: Full nudity, extreme gore, no hope, no protagonists, no deus ex machinas, no cheap tricks, no remorse. 10/10 or 666/666

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 3:15pm
Columbia Noir Boxsets #2

Disc 2: 711 Ocean Drive. Solid movie, designed as an expose on gambling rackets of the day, which resulted in the production team needing police protection to actually finish making the movie. The backstory is perhaps more interesting than the picture itself, but the final chase scene through Hoover Dam is pretty cool. 

Three Stooges:

The best one yet I think. 
GG2U

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 3:41pm
Genius (2016 - US/UK): Or not so genius. But was like a good therapy session after the last maniacal film I watched. 6.5/10

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 9:29pm

The 1954 original. Really well made for the time, especially when you compare it to a lot of the B-movie sci-fi/horror of the time, and a good story to go with it. Now I see why it's so highly rated.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 7:33am
The Endless (2017): https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3986820/
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 7:56am

Solid Marvel fare. Not a favourite contender for me though. 
GG2U

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 12:46am
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 3:50pm
Immortel (ad vitam) - (2004 - France/Italy/UK): Like a looooong cinematic video (in games) of those years. Not only it was good, but also, and more importantly, it was not boring. This is really a tough thing to pull off. Even such game cinematics could get bland, if they are longer than 5 minutes. A feast for the eyes, a playful lover to the imagination. Hmm, certainly not a tutor to the intelligence. (It would be a masterpiece, then.) Kinda like The Fifth Element (1997) and Gods of Egypt (2016) were intertwined, but in an original way. 8/10

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

What did you think? First part bored me shitless, thought the second part was really stupid.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 4:56pm

Apart from Jason Robards so obviously miscast as a tall and thin Al Capone, this was really good. An unexpected movie from a director I mostly associated with gothic horror starring Vincent Price.

Tarkovsky's debut feature. It doesn't have the slow pace of Solaris or Stalker, so it's easier to digest on first watch. It's a pretty bleak film though, especially the ending. Not Come and See bleak, but it still hits hard.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 5:00pm
Columbia Noir Boxsets #2

Disc 3: The Mob. A policeman goes undercover to root out a gangster. Very solid film with a guest turn from Ernest Borgnine.

Three Stooges:

A well paired short that sees the trio also going undercover. They're a little less successful at it though. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 5:02pm
Re-watch:

Saw this in poorer quality earlier in the year, but it really comes to life watching in HD from a 4K restoration (as a ironic as that sounds for a movie about death). A must see 1960s black and white horror. Eerie as fuck.
GG2U

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 5:04pm
^ Cool movie. I watched it last month.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

What did you think? First part bored me shitless, thought the second part was really stupid.

the script was awful but I kind of liked it
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 7:43pm
Black Mountain Side was more to my tastes though.  I'm interested enough to pay attention to what the director will do next

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 16 Nov 2021 at 7:43pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:07am
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338013/

I liked the performances, but not really the movie. I understand the themes and what is told behind the story, but to me it didnĀ“t really work or move me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 196197198199200 256>
  Share Topic