Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 195196197198199 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 2:46pm

Dad's Army meets Hogan's Heroes. A bit uneven but there's some great laughs to be had. I watched it on Youtube, so the quality was terrible, but still worth watching.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 12:27am

Read this book when I was at high school. This crappy TV movie fucked it up. There's Shatner with a mo and glasses, and Andy Griffiths is also in it, but for a movie about sex and drugs, there's not actually much in the way of drugs, and no sex or profanity whatsoever.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Dad's Army meets Hogan's Heroes. A bit uneven but there's some great laughs to be had. I watched it on Youtube, so the quality was terrible, but still worth watching.

Caught this on TV some years ago. Don't recall the specific details about the film after all this time, but I remember enjoying it. Very like 'Allo 'Allo. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 5:41am
Columbia Noir Boxsets #1

Disc 5: The Garment Jungle. Who would have thought the clothing industry could be so cutthroat? the best film in the first boxset so far, with one title to go. 

Three Stooges short:

Well paired with the feature film. Lots of their slapstick hijinks and a lot of good fun. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 5:44am

Certainly a bit different. I feel like there were some ideas that could and should have been taken further. But overall a solid film.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 1:13pm

This one was really good, with the final act being especially insane. I had begun to suspect whodunit before the reveal, but it didn't lessen the film for me.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 1:59am

Pretty good, a bit experimental too. 
GG2U

Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 3:44am
Pickman's Muse (2010 - US): One of the best Lovecraft adaptations I've ever seen. Thrilled to discover this overlooked precious gem of a movie!!! The amalgamation of the psychotic and the occult was spectacular. Easily 9/10

On a side note, I don't seek faithfulness in adaptations. So, some others can see this as a frustrating failure too. Haunter of the Dark is one of HPL's best stories IMO, and methinks this is a deserving adaptation.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 3:11pm
A Classic Horror Story (2021 - Italy): Not a complete mess, but a mixed bag. The Italians disappointed me which happens rarely in horror. Pales in comparison to The Ritual (2017), which was a similar movie (but this Italian movie differently has a flimsy ending). All these aside, the protagoness (palinpropism) did a stellar job here. 6/10

Edited by Shadowyzard - 09 Nov 2021 at 3:16pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

A Classic Horror Story (2021 - Italy): Not a complete mess, but a mixed bag. The Italians disappointed me which happens rarely in horror. Pales in comparison to The Ritual (2017), which was a similar movie (but this Italian movie differently has a flimsy ending). All these aside, the protagoness (palinpropism) did a stellar job here. 6/10

My biggest issue with this is the way it puts down other Italian horror. As if the likes of Dario Argento and Mario Bava never existed. Ouch
GG2U

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 2:45am
^ Yeah, I agree. But even Argento seems laid-back in the remake of Suspiria. I know he was not the director of the movie, but a contributor/collaborator. The movie's ending was nothing but extremely disappointing. I think that they recently utilize such endings so as not to traumatize the youth. I can find no other explanation to this.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 5:11am
Argento wasn't involved in the Suspira remake beyond being credited for the original. He actually panned the movie. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 5:17am
Columbia Noir Boxsets #1

Disc 6: The Lineup. The best movie of the first set is saved for last, featuring Eli Wallach of The Good, The Bad & The Ugly fame as the villainous lead, though it takes a little while for him to show up in the movie. I like the irony of the way the criminal's plan fucks up. 

Three Stooges short:

Suitably matched with the feature, seeing the trio cast as (obviously inept) cops. The usual slapstick fare, which of course means fun. 

Apart from a couple of other shorts (one a documentary), a host of special features and a book, this concludes the first Columbia Noir boxset.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 5:25am

Entertaining 60s British comedy movie from the people behind hit TV like Auf Wiedersehen, Pet and Porridge. While I didn't think it reached the level of their best work, it was still really good and one of my best blind buys in a while. 

A okay psych horror, but I kept feeling that they should have just gone all out black comedy with the premise. 

Re-watch:

One of the true great westerns of the 1940s and big condemnation of lynch mob behaviour. 
GG2U

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 5:40am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Argento wasn't involved in the Suspira remake beyond being credited for the original. He actually panned the movie. 

Ah, you seem correct. I didn't notice the "characters" part between parantheses on IMDb. That should come to mean the "original" creation of him.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:08am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

...rightfully
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:57am
^ Depends on what you wanted from the remake. I for one, liked it. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:59am
Columbia Noir Boxsets #2

Disc 1: Framed (AKA Paula). Back with Glenn Ford, so as expected, the second Columbia Noir set starts quite strong. 

Three Stooges:

The usual slapstick hijinks and a plot that doesn't actually resolve. Shemp in a dual role. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 7:43pm

Erm... Was curious about this simply because of the title. I thought it might have been some sort of action comedy, but it's far from it. There is action, but not a lot, and there's no comedy at all. Just all round a bit... odd.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Erm... Was curious about this simply because of the title. I thought it might have been some sort of action comedy, but it's far from it. There is action, but not a lot, and there's no comedy at all. Just all round a bit... odd.

This one should have been stupidly brilliant. Turns out it was just stupid and not in a LOL way. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 195196197198199 256>
  Share Topic