Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 189190191192193 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 11:57pm

The end was a bit drawn out (seemed about half an hour too long), but lots of shooting and explosions. James Coburn and Rod Steiger make a pretty good team and seem to play off each other quite well.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 8:10am

Deniro is not very good here...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 8:28am

Probably wasn't worth watching but was at least a watchable rehash. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Deniro is not very good here...

I don't mind this version but I think the original is better. 
GG2U

LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 8:29am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

LOL
and there are several Halloween movies much worse than this one. LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 9:02am
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

LOL

Yeah, I'm sure there are. I might watch 5, since that's also on Netflix right now, but it's definitely not a series I feel compelled to watch every one of them. 
GG2U

LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 10:05am

LOL

Yeah, I'm sure there are. I might watch 5, since that's also on Netflix right now, but it's definitely not a series I feel compelled to watch every one of them. 

Halloween 5 is one of those sequels, much much worse than Halloween 4. LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 3:32pm
^ Thanks for the warning. If it's that bad, I can always switch it off. LOL

You know, I might just be crazy, but I could totally make an argument for this actually being a horror movie. 

British black comedy at its finest. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 11:22am

This was great fun! Loved the boat chase through London. Also loved Robbie Coltrane hamming it up as Zukovsky. Sadly the last movie with the crotchety old Q, but you get introduced to R. The only downer was Denise Richards as not-Lara Croft. She really doesn't look smart enough to be a nuclear scientist.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 2:21pm

Ticking off another Bond. Solid film, but I still don't really care for Moore in the role. 

Actually thought this was okay. At least, it's as okay as 4. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 10:26pm

Ticking off another Bond. Solid film, but I still don't really care for Moore in the role. 

The further I get through the Brosnan films, the less I think of Moore too. He was always "my Bond" because he was the one I grew up with, but I think now Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig are far superior.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 1:18am

Saw this as a kid, and remembered the bit with the iron really well... Hadn't realised it had Sam Neill in it. Anyway, more creative killing in the name of the Dark Lord, and a reasonable story, but probably 5-10 years too late for it's own good.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 11:33am
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 4:11pm

Overhyped.

I completely zoned out of this one after a while. Only watched it this morning and already all I remember is that there were ghosts, a landlord and his weird brother and a monster that bit people's heads off. How all those things linked up is just gone already. 

Pleasantly surprised by this 'rogue' entry in the Halloween series. It's a real shame that audiences in the 80s rebelled against the idea of Halloween without Michael Myers. Makes you wonder what films we'd have got instead of continual rehashes. 
GG2U

LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 1:56am

Pleasantly surprised by this 'rogue' entry in the Halloween series. It's a real shame that audiences in the 80s rebelled against the idea of Halloween without Michael Myers. Makes you wonder what films we'd have got instead of continual rehashes. 

Easy to judge in retrospect, but back then a movie like this came out of the blue and surprised everyone, it had nothing to do with the two previous movies which i guess audiences found strange, maybe even shocking. 

Not a bad movie and it got a following throughout the years, so I guess the whole situation around Halloween III got a bit of a happy ending (if I may say so). 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 4:30pm

I haven't never seen a Child's Play/Chucky movie before and debated over whether this was really the best one to start with (it probably isn't) but it was watchable. I'd have rather watched the original but that never seems to show up to view anywhere. 

John Nicholson being offensive, but trying to become a better man. Some of it is dated, but mostly it's enjoyable. 

Solid enough Marvel movie, but the character deserved better and has done so since Phase 1 of the MCU. 

60's noir but still in black and white like original noir. Explores themes that Hollywood wasn't comfortable with at the time, which got it a bit of notoriety I believe. Overall it's an okay movie worth watching if you like noir. 
GG2U

LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 5:18pm

I haven't never seen a Child's Play/Chucky movie before and debated over whether this was really the best one to start with (it probably isn't) but it was watchable. I'd have rather watched the original but that never seems to show up to view anywhere. 

Surprised you do not know the clastic Chilld's Play movies. This remake should never have been made especially with the original creator successfully making sequels. He was not involved in the remake. 

The Original Child's Play is worth watching for the performance of Brad Dourif alone. Most sequels are fun, too. 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 7:16pm

Surprised you do not know the clastic Chilld's Play movies. This remake should never have been made especially with the original creator successfully making sequels. He was not involved in the remake. 

The Original Child's Play is worth watching for the performance of Brad Dourif alone. Most sequels are fun, too. 

Bride of Chucky... Went to see it at the movies. Jennifer Tilly. That's all I'm gonna say.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 7:48pm

Flawed but still enjoyable. This is the last of the Pierce Brosnan movies, and it's his least favourite. The Madonna theme song is fucking awful and some of the CGI is shit, but the action is pretty good. The fencing scene is amazing, even if the premise behind it is a bit dumb. It's also the big screen debut of Rosamund Pike, who doesn't seem to be particularly stretched in her role.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 11:29pm

I only liked the storm drain segment
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 189190191192193 256>
  Share Topic