Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 4:10pm

Brilliant movie. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Brilliant movie. 

I remember seeing the shorts for this ^^^ when I was a kid but have never seen it.

Not as good as Divergent, but then the books get progressively weaker as well. Still not a bad movie though.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 12:36am
And worse still. Yay, fun explosions and action scenes, but the story is utter balls, and it's a waste of a stellar cast.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 2:14am
I've passed many a happy hour listening to Wax Trax! Records, and this was a happy hour and a half getting to know the story behind this record store and label.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 2:02pm
Continuing my way through the Bong Joon-Ho bo set:

I still have the black and white version of Parasite to go. I think I will watch it close to the original version so I can compare them better. 

Bong Joon-Ho is now easily one of my favourite directors. As good as Parasite is, I think Memories of Murder is easily his best film. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 11:54pm
Excellent rock opera reimagining of Phantom of the Opera. Music and bad guy care of Paul Williams. My choir mistress mentioned this movie the other day, saying how Daft Punk had taken a lot of inspiration for their costumes from the movie. I can definitely see it. Good fun and good music.

Surprisingly frank documentary about Chris Holmes. While W.A.S.P. might still be having delusions of grandeur, Holmes knows exactly where he fits in the world, and is quite happy to keep playing small venues to small but appreciative audiences. This doesn't shy away from anything, including Holmes' alcoholism and brief marriage to Lita Ford. There's a bit of live footage, and he still has the chops, even in his 60s. And unlike W.A.S.P., Holmes still plays "Fuck Like A Beast" live. I know which one of the two I'd prefer to see these days...
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 1:25am
Fucking hell, this thing is all over the place! It's a collection of sketches of various lengths and qualities. And there's a shitload of unexpected nudity.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 10:56am

A good cast but this biographical crime movie just failed to resonate with me. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 2:23pm
Decent if a little slow and uneventful. I liked the brooding ominous atmosphere though.
The Drop Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1600196/
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 9:22pm
The movie equivalent of a photocopied fanzine exploring a movement that wasn't really a movement, but more a place where the misfits could fit.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 12:40am
This was fucking good. I can see why it's so highly rated.
Peacock Feather View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peacock Feather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 4:12am
I was shocked at the end. This is an essential example of so-called "spoiler films".
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Peacock Feather Peacock Feather wrote:

I was shocked at the end. This is an essential example of so-called "spoiler films".

I thought I'd figured it out about halfway through, but I wasn't certain until right at the end.Wink
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 1:51pm
That's one of those movies where you're bloody lucky if you don't know the twist before you see it, like The Sixth Sense. Movies so well known that pop culture will just casually spoil them. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 1:29am

An intriguing film. Pity it's presented in the most dull and droning way imaginable. 
GG2U

Peacock Feather View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peacock Feather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 4:35am
Oh, I remember this. My head was blown away in the end. It was really hard to watch as a school kid but helpful.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 12:28pm
It was made on a tiny budget.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 5:23am

While this does feel like it should have had some 20 to 30 minutes shaved from the running time, it's a pretty underrated J-Horror otherwise. Often has a genuinely creepy atmosphere, though it certainly owes something to 1998's Ringu as well. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 10:47am
Space Sweepers Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12838766/?ref_=tt_mv_close

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 3:58pm

Second watch of this excellent atmospheric vampire movie (it could do without the hip-hop music being totally at odds with that though), which treats vampirism like a drug addiction. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 256>
  Share Topic