Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154155156 257>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 3:47pm
Re-watch of this classic:

First watch of this not so classic TV movie belated sequel:

In all fairness it isn't that bad, just really unnecessary and with hell of a lot rehashed from the original, especially in the first act. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 12:16am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Anyway, this was last night's film pick of of Shudder:

A very British horror outing. The special effects were shit and looked extra shit when the rest of the movie was in crystal clear HD. The movie as a whole was pretty decent, if corny. 

I just gave this a watch today, and I loved it! Didn't know Peter Capaldi was in it, which was a pleasant surprise. The nudie bits were a lot clearer than the VHS version I saw 30 years ago - those parts often got rewound and watched again, which would wear the tapes out.LOL I was most impressed though, with Amanda Donohoe. She was sexy and menacing in equal measures.

I remember reading about the Lambton worm when I was a kid, which this movie and Bram Stoker's novel were based on.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 4:50am
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 6:03am
Watched that yesterday. Was good.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 11:34am
I agree. Not the most action packed western but a very good drama.

Korean spy film, loosely based on true events. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 2:44pm

Mixed feelings. Lots of excellent gothic atmosphere, and from what I've just read on Wikipedia it's largely true to the novel, but after nearly two hours of wondering and coming up with different theories I expected more of a pay off come the end. 
GG2U

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 8:38pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 11:56pm

I grew up with, and have been in, musical theatre all my life. I haven't been involved in a show in about 25 years, but I still love a good musical. This is one of the best.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 1:05am

Mixed feelings. Lots of excellent gothic atmosphere, and from what I've just read on Wikipedia it's largely true to the novel, but after nearly two hours of wondering and coming up with different theories I expected more of a pay off come the end. 

I´ll give almost anything a chance if Ruth Wilson is featured. Such a great actress.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 1:06am
Misery Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100157/

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 1:24am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I´ll give almost anything a chance if Ruth Wilson is featured. Such a great actress.

Yeah I like her too. She is brilliant as Mrs Coulter in His Dark Materials. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 1:25am

Misery Poster

I haven't seen this in years. There's not much I remember about it now, except for that scene. That scene's kinda a with you until you die thing. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 2:05am

Misery Poster

I haven't seen this in years. There's not much I remember about it now, except for that scene. That scene's kinda a with you until you die thing. 

Yeah it had been many years since I watched it last too. I watched it with my daugther who likes horror movies, and I´m trying to show her horror movies which have a psychological edge to them instead of all the generic slasher horror crap she usually watches.

...but yeah THAT SCENE...brrrrr, I tell you she couldn´t watch it Evil Smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 2:07am

Yeah I like her too. She is brilliant as Mrs Coulter in His Dark Materials. 

It took me getting some used to that it wasn´t Kidman playing Mrs Coulter, but Ruth Wilson is even better. I love her in Luther. Absolutely brilliant...Clap
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 2:44am

I´m trying to show her horror movies which have a psychological edge to them instead of all the generic slasher horror crap she usually watches.

There are few genuinely good slashers IMO. I much prefer supernatural or psychological horror. 

If you haven't seen it I highly recommend checking out The Lighthouse. That's a pretty out there psychological horror movie. It's a very different different breed of movie to the grounded but disturbing Misery though. I've watched it three times since it was released and remained as transfixed by it on the third watch as much as the first time around. 
GG2U

mrblond View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrblond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 8:03am
Because we are in the season of Golden Globes and Oscar awards, I'm into the nominated titles.
Last seen Promising Young Woman, starring Carey Mulligan.
It is okay to be seen.

The Pictures are not working here.

Edited by mrblond - 15 Feb 2021 at 8:05am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by mrblond mrblond wrote:

Because we are in the season of Golden Globes and Oscar awards, I'm into the nominated titles.
It is okay to be seen.

I have that lined up to watch. I think she's an outstanding actress. To put pictures in here, I usually go to https://www.themoviedb.org/ as it has most things both movie and TV related. Then just right click on the movie poster, copy image, and paste straight into the editor window.

Anyway, I watched this last night:

Not the biggest budget or best written movie ever, but the chemistry between the two lead characters is great. It's a (mostly) gentle comedy with a couple of hilarious twists.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 4:15pm

Based on true events with some fabrication to fill in things that were unknown and for artistic licence, this Korean film was one of great extremes. At first it seems like it's going to be a comedy (the poster certainly looks like it could be a comedy), but gradually it gets extremely harrowing and shocking. A brilliant film from start to finish. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:04am
Originally posted by mrblond mrblond wrote:

It is okay to be seen.

Just watched this myself. Wow, what an ending! And a great turn from Bo Burnham, who I only knew from his comedy songs.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 4:25pm

Robert de Niro must have directed this while sitting at Martin Scorsese's knee. Though it does move away from the Scorsese worship after a while and try to make a point about race relations, in which the fucking gangster comes off the best out of everyone. A good movie overall, a bit of obvious homage but it does ultimately stand on its own. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154155156 257>
  Share Topic