Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 257>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 12:23pm
I watched this one earlier today (I'm home sick with a nasty stomach bug Dead):

Let Me In (2010)

I haven't seen the original Swedish film, but I thought this remake was superb. The two lead child actors both gave superb performances, and the cinematography was consistently beautiful. One of the best mixes of horror and romance I've ever seen for sure. Thumbs Up
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 5:28pm

Edited by IMPF2112 - 13 Feb 2019 at 6:16pm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 11:55am
Also speaking of Tarantino, I saw this for the first time today:

Pulp Fiction (1994)

Absolutely brilliant film. One of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen! Clap
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 6:16am

Not maybe worthy of an OSCAR, but it's a really, really good thriller, and it really does keep you on the edge of your seat, especially in the last half four. 

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 11:36am
^ I don't see any picture in your post! Ermm

Anyway, I watched this old B-movie with Boris Karloff today:

The Man They Could Not Hang (1939)

I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this one. The acting was questionable at times, but the story was excellent and it's also very cool how the film foreshadows the later invention of a mechanical heart!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 12:04pm
I watched the first Harry Potter movie on Tuesday night.  I had seen it once before a couple of years ago, but I was home sick when I watched it and fell asleep during parts of it.  I didn't really remember all that much about it.  I bought a six-pack of the movies back before the last two were released.  I finally got around to watching the first one, and am planning on trying to work the other ones in over the next few weeks. 
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 8:46pm
I watched Mallrats for the first time in around 10 or so years.  Looking back on it, I can see why it didn't go over so well in coming off the success of Clerks.  I still found quite a bit of it funny.

IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 2:24pm

Edited by IMPF2112 - 13 Feb 2019 at 6:17pm
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by IMPF2112 IMPF2112 wrote:

haha that guy in the bottom left-hand corner looks just like mike portnoy

That's Kevin Smith, the director.  He plays Silent Bob, a quiet character who appears in a number of the movies he directs.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 10:00pm
Saw this earlier with a friend of mine:

Mama (2013)

A damn good horror film, and a nice twist on your average ghost story. Unfortunately, we picked the wrong theater to go to. It was loaded with 12 and 13 year olds that fucking talked and screamed during the entire movie. I'd need to see it again for the full experience, but I enjoyed the film a lot in spite of constant disruption. Angry
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 1:51am
Originally posted by Phonebook Eater Phonebook Eater wrote:

Not maybe worthy of an OSCAR, but it's a really, really good thriller, and it really does keep you on the edge of your seat, especially in the last half four. 
This:

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 11:29pm

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 1:56pm
I watched 2 films in the past 24 hours.

Mad Monkey Kung Fu 

Nicely transferred Shaw Brothers martial arts film to DVD.  Blending plenty of humour with action, and your reliable vengeance plot lines make this a great watch.  I love how badass the main characters of these movies can be while twirling a fan while you fight. LOL

The Body Snatcher

Love watching classic horror stories even outside of Halloween.  I stuill have several I PVR'd off TV in October, as well as a Vincent Price MGM box set and a Universal 4-pack with some classic characters.  The sub-plot involving a crippled little girl even makes the movie a bit heart-warming.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 6:47pm

Just watched this movie for the first time last night. Absolutely amazing, truly deserves all the praise it gets.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 11:02pm
Gave Over: Kasparov and the Machine

Great story and interviews, but the narrative was a bit weird.  A lot of the narrative was delivered in whispers for some reason, but I enjoyed it.
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 1:58pm

Watched this old Brit Horror from 1971 last night. Set in the 17th century and story concerns witchcraft and period costumes. Pretty devoid of gore or any scares but all right for the vintage I suppose. 6/10

Edited by Daysbetween - 31 Jan 2013 at 2:03pm
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 11:32am

IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 2:04pm
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by IMPF2112 IMPF2112 wrote:

Tommy Wiseau just might be my new most favourite person in the world

I've still got to see this in it's entirety.  I like torture. LOL
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 9:30am

Edited by IMPF2112 - 13 Feb 2019 at 6:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 257>
  Share Topic