Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 12:19am

Lots of slapstick fun with an all-star cast, and some amazing old planes.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 10:53am

Jordan Peele is proving consistent but hasn't topped Get Out yet.

Finished the series recently. It took me quite a while to watch the show as I was only doing on episode here and there, but I eventually got around to wanting to see the movie. Don't think I'll be touching Netflix live action version though. LOL

This was great. Story is basic but the car chases were excellent, decent fights and some great visual shots. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2023 at 11:53pm

A pivotal MCU movie for the current Multiverse Saga... so the fact it's such a plodding alone, totally middling affair is actually quite the disaster for the franchise. One of the weakest offerings out of over 30 movies released to date. 

Similar in style to a Japanese Jidaigeki or a Chinese Wuxia, but Korean. Not sure we have a specific genre word for that. Was solid though. 

Underrated. I really liked this one. The last act was insane and there are lots of different genre elements in here compared to most horror films. 

Who would have thought after the disaster that was the first Suicide Squad film that the sequel would end up being one of the best entries in the entire DCEU?

Disappointing. It needed to be something a lot more than it was. Ben Wheatley can be a frustrating filmmaker. I like his quirky style but it rarely manifests as a truly excellent movie. 

This was brilliant: a must see metal movie from Finland about a young extreme metal band. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 2:27am

Silly stoner fun, as you'd expect. There's a few genuinely good laughs, but the plot makes no sense at all.

And Heavy Trip is on my to watch list.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 12:26pm

Overrated as fuck. Takes about an hour to get remotely entertaining (past tons of socially awkward scenes that are pure cringe) and then ultimately has no real ending. Waste of time. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 6:59am

Fucking love it! Totally over the top, totally stupid, hilarious, ultra-violent, gory... It's got the works.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 2:07pm

Well, this didn't live up to the hype. Mostly a big yawn.

I can see why this flopped at the box office. Simply not very good.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 11:58am

Not Penelope Shpeeris' best work. Silly story which went way off the rails, but as ever with Spheeris an amazing soundtrack.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 7:04pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2023 at 3:18am
Wow...they just keep sinking lower:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8041270/
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2023 at 3:58pm

Not seen this in a lot of years, but I really enjoyed it. It's actually nice to see a slasher movie without too much focus on nudity and more on warped and creative violence and murder (er... I am actually a normal well-adjusted human. This doesn't read quite the way I intended, but not sure how to reword more sanely). I've got the rest of the series sitting here ready to watch.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Not seen this in a lot of years, but I really enjoyed it. It's actually nice to see a slasher movie without too much focus on nudity and more on warped and creative violence and murder (er... I am actually a normal well-adjusted human. This doesn't read quite the way I intended, but not sure how to reword more sanely). I've got the rest of the series sitting here ready to watch.

This one is ok, because at that point Krueger is still a bit of a mysterious character, but I think the mystery is ruined during the next couple of movies, which are also pretty formulaic.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 2:15am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

This one is ok, because at that point Krueger is still a bit of a mysterious character, but I think the mystery is ruined during the next couple of movies, which are also pretty formulaic.

I'm gonna go on to 2 shortly. In the meantime, I watched this pile of shit:

Not nearly as sexy or fun as the movie posters make it look. It's an incoherent, disconnected mess.

And this is a fucking masterpiece. Great performances all round. Also surprised I'd never seen it before (it's a shame about the Weinstein connection though).
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 2:37am
^Just because Weinstein acted like a turd, doens´t mean that everything he was involved in should be cancelled...I mean people still perceive Michael Jackson as a musical genius even though he was pretty surely a pedophile...

We also listen to Burzum and other murder projects, because it´s great art no matter who´s behind it.

...at least that´s my take on it.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 12:02pm

And Jonas was right. It's like someone deliberately set out to fuck up the franchise with this movie. On the positive side though, there's some more imaginative murdering, and 80s horror movie royalty in the form of Clu Gulager.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2023 at 11:59am

OK, so this is back on track again. I have a feeling this was the first Nightmare movie I saw as a teenager, but I can't really remember. Funny to see a young Lawrence Fishburn in a minor role too.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 10:45pm

My favourite since the first one so far.. It's 1,4,3,2 at the moment.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 7:47am

Lots of dreamy fun.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 10:47pm

OK, so this is back on track again. I have a feeling this was the first Nightmare movie I saw as a teenager, but I can't really remember. Funny to see a young Lawrence Fishburn in a minor role too.

This was my first Elm Street movie, and I remember being so scared of Fred Krueger, that I couldn´t sleep LOL
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 12:03am

The last of the original run, and quite a fitting end for Freddy. He was at his sarcastic best here. 1, 4, and 6 definitely stand out over the others.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 256>
  Share Topic