Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242243244 256>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Why the fuck did I watch this? Nothing wrong with the movie, it's just the subject matter...

Yeah you should probably have waited a couple of years...
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 12:08am
Transformers 3
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 12:34am

Political thriller, albeit done satirically. Great cast led by Jeff Bridges, with supporting roles from quite a number of notables right up to Toshiro Mifune. 

A dreamy little film that was the first starring role for Dennis Hopper. Some vibes of Carnival of Souls.

From the writer-director of In Bruges and reuniting its stars, this is a much more low-key dark comedy set against the backdrop of the Irish Civil War, about when one man abruptly ends his friendship with the other. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 11:09pm

The Man in the Rubber Suit...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 1:14am
My final two movies watched in 2022:

War film from Hammer. Pretty solid, more drama than action based. A film that makes you think a bit.

This was a lot of fun and I would say it is better than the original film - which I do quite like but the flying sequences are extra stunning here. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 3:43am

A lot better than I thought it would be. Original writer and director Geoff Murphy's son Matt wrote and directed. It's modernised and updated, and doesn't follow the original story exactly, but that's OK. Still lots of fun.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 2:56pm

More self-referential than ever. It seems to be constantly taking the piss of itself. Somehow manages to be a return to form for the series. 

I did not care for the first one at all and wasn't going to watch this, but reports sounded promising and it turns out that this is everything the first one should have been. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 2:30am

I thought there was no way this could be as good as people made it out to be... It is. Excellent movie, and it goes without saying, a brilliant soundtrack
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 10:50pm

I love these idiotic movies...
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 1:27am

Mostly meh. Battle scenes were too choreographed, and the story is about as deep as a zit.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 3:18am

Keep seeing this on best Sci-fi movie lists. Not sure why, because it's arse.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 1:41am

Wow. Thoroughly recommend this. Excellent documentary. There's interviews with a lot of the people who were there, right back to the 50s, and of course, the soundtrack is brilliant.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 11:10pm

Fun but not particularly deep doco about Finnish metal culture.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:46am

I'm not the biggest Gwar fan in the world, but this is really well done. Looks like a lot of fun to have been in the band, and completely chaotic all around, while still being commercially viable enough for band members to make a living.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 2:50am

Fuck yeah! Finally managed to see this! Just ultra fucking cool.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:38am

Fucking brilliant. These guys started out not giving a fuck, and still don't.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 1:14am

They're okay sequels but don't hold a candle to the original. I hear Netflix is putting out a fourth one after all this time. Extremely mixed feelings about that. 

Stuck with Eddie Murphy after the Beverly Hills Cop sequels. Unfortunately this one is very far from his finest hour. 

A little known drama that was a British-Czech co-production. You can watch it in either language but since the English cut is longer I went for that one, although it's set in Czechoslovakia during the Communist era so going the other way might have been more authentic. I enjoyed it, but not as much as I'd hoped. It might open up after another viewing.

Intriguing, some good atmospheres and I didn't see the plot twist coming, but the snail's pace is unwarranted and harm's the movie. 

The latest from Park Chan-wook. In terms of extremity this is much dialled back compared to some of his work (especially the Vengeance Trilogy), but I'd hardly call it an accessible film. Quite the mix of genres including noir, romance, police procedural and comedy. I've a feeling that this will be one that is actually even better on the second watch.

One of the oddest war films I've ever seen. A group soldiers (led by Burt Lancaster) are sent to a 10th Century Belgian castle, where various storylines unfold.

Disney's latest main film of the animated canon is a bit of a throwaway. As far as film's about explorers go, Pixar did it in a much superior manner with Up over a decade ago. It probably won't be long before all this is remembered for is including Disney's first openly gay animated movie characters and for the creature that looks like one of those stretchy sticky hand toys. 

That was fun. Stupid, but fun. 

I haven't much clue over what actually happened in this, but it's so damn visually stunning and oddly compelling it doesn't really matter. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 1:57am

Since I just finished watching Pistol, I thought I'd give this a go. I've come to the conclusion that these two were worthless cunts.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 12:48pm
I haven't kept up with posting in this thread lately and in point of fact my film intake has decreased a lot this month. Been trying to read more and I've also had a few TV shows on the go. I'll probably post the movies I have watched at some point soon but for now I'll just mention this one:

This is a real gutterball of a movie. It's a spin-off from The Big Lebowski, which was what drew me to it. This may just be the worst film I've ever seen and considering there's actual talent involved, that's an achievement in itself. 

Edited by adg211288 - 29 Jan 2023 at 12:48pm
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 1:10am
STATUS QUO - Inside Status Quo 1968-1991 cover

This is good fun. It's critics (and an ex-band member) giving their opinions on Status Quo's albums through to about 1991. They start off nice, but are absolutely fucking brutal by the end!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242243244 256>
  Share Topic