Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194195196 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 1:23am

Musical time! I did lighting for a production of this a very long time (follow spot). Unfortunately, it's not a great show and the story isn't strong. However, there's a couple of great songs (Too Darn Hot and Brush Up Your Shakespeare), and this version has some excellent singing and amazing dancing.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 4:50am
The Machinist (2004): https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361862/
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 9:57pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:25am

OK, I can say I've seen it now. A massive waste of an hour and a half. What a load of shit.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:20pm

Perhaps still the quintessential zombie movie, even after over 50 years. 

Great French film from the forties. 

I don't need to comment on these two separately. Both shit. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:31pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:07pm

It's not often a remake is the equal of the original, but this is. It has the edge in special effects, but I like the small town setting of the original better. This also has Brooke Adams topless, which I'm ashamed to say I approve of.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 10:44pm

Yawn. What a mess.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:16pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 3:10pm

Powerful stuff. 

This is actually really good. A worthy sequel to the original (I have not seen The Exorcist II but fortunately it is not required and from all accounts that movie needs an exorcism itself). 

Edited by adg211288 - 21 Oct 2021 at 3:11pm
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 7:39pm
The Exorcist 3 is the proper sequel to the original. I personally don't think The Exorcist 2 is as bad as people make out, but it's not a patch on the other two movies. It gets a bit lost in biblical plagues and prophecies and shit.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 11:37pm

YES! Finally someone has given this story the treatment it deserves! See it. It's spectacular. Erase all memories of that 1984 abomination.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 12:14am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 9:19am

Stepping out of my comfort zone with this one and it was sensational. Probably the most out and out entertaining movie I've watched for a while (that wasn't a re-watch anyway). 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Stepping out of my comfort zone with this one and it was sensational. Probably the most out and out entertaining movie I've watched for a while (that wasn't a re-watch anyway). 

I watched it a wee while back too. It's got some incredibly good music in it. My choir mistress reminded me of it. She said Daft Punk got the inspiration for some of their costumes from it.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 11:35pm

I always wondered why this movie had such a high age rating. Curiosity answered. It deserves it. Love Maggie Gyllenhaal as an actress, and James Spader does psychotic well too.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 4:27pm

Saw this a while ago off the TV and just picked up the Arrow blu-ray. Disappointing that there is no restoration work been done, because it sure needs it in a few scenes. The movie is great though and criminally unknown among western enthusiasts. 

I've only seen this in English before today and I have to say, the original Italian version really uplifts this movie!
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

It's not often a remake is the equal of the original, but this is. It has the edge in special effects, but I like the small town setting of the original better. This also has Brooke Adams topless, which I'm ashamed to say I approve of.

Probably my preferred version, though I've only seen the 1950's one once. 

Trouble is with the original is that the DVD I have is such an old DVD release it's been formatted as a widescreen movie to be shown on an old 4:3 screen. Results on a modern TV as a tiny picture in the centre of the screen. Dead

Luckily there's a new blu-ray coming out next week, which I plan to pick up at some point. 

The 1970s one will always have one of the all time great endings though.

GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 10:29pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 11:00pm

Worth it for the car vs el-train chase alone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194195196 256>
  Share Topic