Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 191192193194195 256>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 8:38pm

A good war story without too much actual war and spread over 40 years.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 11:21pm

This shit ain't for kids! I have to admit I only watched it because I'd heard Dee Snider talking about Twisted Sister's small role in this. This is just a riot from start to finish. Besides TS, you've got Elvira out of costume, the voice of Tommy Pickles/Babe the pig/Mumble from Happy Feet, Milton Berle, and Large Marge. The juvenile humour is perhaps too juvenile in places, but it's also multi-layered. And this looks like it would make a great stoner movie.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 11:58pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 7:33pm

meh.  pretty stupid
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 4:50pm

This one gets a bit better each time. Seemed a slightly lesser Argento at first and compared to some of his others still is, but I enjoy it a lot.

First step on going through the Hitchcock films I own in order (though I'll be skipping Jamaica Inn and The Wrong Man on account of having not that long ago watched them). Known as the first true Hitchcock film, this is a pretty great silent, though the modern score is up and down in terms of fitting the movie. The grand orchestral bits are fine and suitable to the developing plot, but then it throws in vocal tracks that feel extremely wrong in the movie. 

Second watch. Far from a normal comic book movie. I feel like I appreciated more the second time around (though I hardly disliked it the first time), but his manic laugh really starts to grate after a while. 

I liked the Elvira movie from the 80s. It was good, stupid fun. 

This isn't. Knocking off the kind of movies that Roger Corman was making with Vincent Price in the 1960s (The Pit and the Pendulum being a major point of reference to the point of being name checked in the dialogue), it just comes across as poorly acted, badly made parody. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 5:31pm

As sharp as ever.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 2:09am

Never seen this before. Wasn't what I was expecting, but highly entertaining!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 12:24pm
^ Watched that recently myself for the first time and enjoyed it too!

I slept through some of this the first time around and for some reason never rewound back to pick it up again or re-watched it until today. I liked it a lot more than the bits I remember from the first time. Has a surreal, dreamy style to it.

Such a great film but oh boy do I wish I had a better copy of it. Film quality on my DVD is all over the place.
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 11:24pm

Well that was a godawful pile of shit. Such a stupid premise. Oh well, at least it wasn't Iron Eagle...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 1:13am

A personal problem between two lower ranking members on either side of a gun deal in 1970s Boston causes the whole thing to go pear shaped. Chaos ensues. Wears its influences on its sleeve (Reservoir Dogs being an obvious point of reference), but it's good stupid fun with a few good one liners. Saw it before a few years ago when it wasn't that old, but glad to watch it again. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 12:20am

Yeah, nah. Like Avatar it looks pretty, but it's overrated arse.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 1:05am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

I agreee. I was bored to tears and didn´t really see the point of the whole thing.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 1:14am

Retfærdighedens Ryttere (or Riders of Justice in English), was just what I expected. Sad, clever, and absolutely hilarious. I haven´t laughed this hard for a long time. Anders Thomas Jensen has done it again. Probbably my favorite Danish film maker. I´m not sure people who don´t speak Danish will understand every detail and the humour, but maybe I´m wrong, and then this one is definitely recommendable along with every other movie that Anders Thomas Jensen has been involved in making (exluding The Dark Tower which was a disaster).

Edited by UMUR - 17 Oct 2021 at 1:16am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 1:35am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

I agreee. I was bored to tears and didn´t really see the point of the whole thing.

I don't think I have ever disagreed more with anything either of you have ever said. Movie is a fucking masterpiece. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 11:04am
^^ I looked at the cast and decided I would never watch it
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 1:14pm

A rare horror film from the 1940s, a time when the genre was past it's initial genesis and a way off from it's true golden age. Found it pretty great. Good atmosphere. I guessed the plot twist a way off though. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 3:36pm

Wanted to see if this was a bad as some say, or whether its director's even worse rep just resulted in low ratings from people who have never seen it. Turns out the film is okay. But the filmmaker can go fuck himself. Luckily he hasn't had any films made since the rise of the Me Too movement and it should stay that way. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 12:43am

If only being a reporter was that exciting all the time I might have stuck at it longer... I still would have been shit though.LOL
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 9:20pm

would be better if the script wasn't so snarky and annoying... every character is a cunt
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 11:07pm

A really cool movie. Don't know that it could be made now because of all the racist language, but that made it more authentic. Clint plays the tough guy so well, whatever age he is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 191192193194195 256>
  Share Topic