Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 256>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 2:01am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Fascinating documentary that looks into the Coke vs Pepsi "wars". Who won? Well... I'm still not sure, but neither lost, because we're still drinking their stuff.Wink

Personally I'm on Team Pepsi. 

I try not to drink too much soda, but I´m a sucker for Coca Cola when I get the chance. My son is on the Coca Cola team too. No Pepsi for my family Angry
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 11:06pm

This was excellent. A great combo of thriller and action. Natalie Portman was great as Evey.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 11:36pm

This was excellent. A great combo of thriller and action. Natalie Portman was great as Evey.

Definitely one of my favorite "superhero" movies.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:11am
Yesterday resulted in a single re-watch:

Like Stalker I managed to gain more appreciation for this the second time around, having now known what to expect. It's very far from the God-tier level many people put these movies on for me though. More than anything I still think it would be a better movie if some trimming down was done. Close to three hours makes it a bit of a slog to get through.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:44am

Yesterday resulted in a single re-watch:

Like Stalker I managed to gain more appreciation for this the second time around, having now known what to expect. It's very far from the God-tier level many people put these movies on for me though. More than anything I still think it would be a better movie if some trimming down was done. Close to three hours makes it a bit of a slog to get through.

I loved the book. Such vivid imagery and imagination. Haven't seen this version, but have seen the George Clooney one which is decent but not stunning. Except Natascha McElhone. She was stunning.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:49am
Wow, this was great! A monster movie where you get to see the monster all the way through. Excellent cast, great setting (brought back a few memories of Korea for me), and a good story too.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 7:59am

Wow, this was great! A monster movie where you get to see the monster all the way through. Excellent cast, great setting (brought back a few memories of Korea for me), and a good story too.

Bong Joon-ho is surely one of the best film makers working today, even before Parasite. I have a boxset of his work on pre-order for later this month, which I'm really hyped for. The only movie of his not in it is the Netflix movie Okja. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 12:16am
I thought this was going to be a documentary. It's not.LOL Mostly pretty good, about a couple of punks growing up in Salt Lake City in the mid-80s. The end was a bit weak though.

I remembered Matthew Lillard from Scream, and was sure I'd seen him in something else. Turns out he's been Shaggy in Scooby Doo for the past 20 years. The grandkids have been making me watch him!LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 1:11am

Bong Joon-ho is surely one of the best film makers working today, even before Parasite. I have a boxset of his work on pre-order for later this month, which I'm really hyped for. The only movie of his not in it is the Netflix movie Okja. 

I loved this one. Great humour and (the funeral/lost persons scene is absolutely brilliant LOL).
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 1:45am

Part 3 of the Yakuza saga I've been watching. No dip in quality yet - it feels more like one really long film so far. Lots of action although sometimes difficult to follow who everyone is with so many characters and shifting allegiances. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 2:49pm

This was surprisingly pretty solid, given the middling reports I've seen for it. A psych horror with an atypical premise and female killer. 

This has more potential than is utilised, but it's also a decent movie, combining the odd bedfellows of horror and romance. It perhaps would have been better though if it had left the viewer wondering about a few things at the end instead of a rapid change in pace and tone to wrap it up. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 4:10pm
Whether you like the music or not, this is an interesting slice of music history. It goes back to the beginnings of ABBA and what all the band members did before they got together. It also shows how they created the music. Even if you don't like it, there's a depth and complexity in the music here which is often missing from modern pop music. Could have done without the "Mamma Mia!" rehearsal clips, because the original vocals are so much better.

(Yeah, you can probably tell I was watching DVDs with the better half last night, who was a teen in the 70s.Wink)

Not seen this in a while. I actually went to see it at the movies when I was a kid. A lot of it went right over my head then... Anyway, it's mostly good harmless fun. Some great songs and choreography, and some absolutely filthy humour, once you're old enough to get it...
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 11:10pm
I don't know what I was expecting here. Enjoyed the music and the anarchy, but this required just a bit much suspension of disbelief for some of the random destruction and violence scenes.
Complete arse. Trying to be a mix of Deliverance, Almost Famous, and Signs. It's just a fucking boring mess.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 2:27pm
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 8:44am
It had potential, but it´s ultimately not that great. Very predictable:
Chaos Walking Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2076822/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 10:44am
I liked it. It was crazy, funny, and moving:
Jojo Rabbit Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2584384/
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:18pm

Part 4 of the Yakuza saga I'm watching. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I liked it. It was crazy, funny, and moving:
Jojo Rabbit Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2584384/

We have this on DVD. Both my missus and I thought something quite similar to you. And neither of us want to watch it again.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:36pm
I wasn't sure if I had seen this before. I had, but it wasn't particularly memorable the first time, so I was about half way through before I realised I had seen it. Anyway, interesting story, but poorly executed. Tim Robbins just seemed like he was coasting in this one.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:54pm

I wasn't sure if I had seen this before. I had, but it wasn't particularly memorable the first time, so I was about half way through before I realised I had seen it. Anyway, interesting story, but poorly executed. Tim Robbins just seemed like he was coasting in this one.

I´ve watched this one recently. I wasn´t too impressed either. It had moments and I generally love dystopian/post-apocalyptic themes in movies, but this one was more of a twisted love story than anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 256>
  Share Topic