Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 256>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you, but it was just a cover for the actual film. LOL

obviously, what film was it? Big smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 2:02pm
Sorry to disappoint you, but it was just a cover for the actual film. LOL
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Man that Rachel McAdams is a hot foxWacko

no image 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 1:27pm
Man that Rachel McAdams is a hot foxWacko
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 1:02pm

absolute masterpiece, I just saw it for the first time. 10/10

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 10:14pm
Watched this tonight:

Horrible Bosses (2011)

Really solid movie IMO. While fairly predictable, it had an enjoyable plot and plenty of hilarious scenes. 3.5/5
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 12:23pm
Jackie Brown
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 8:25am
The Invention Of Lying.

Much better than I expected it to be, to be honest.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Never heard of him. Who is he? A skinhead punk musician?

Basically.  He's just noted for doing a bunch of over-the-top things on stage and getting arrested mid-show.  His mission was to offend everybody, and he pretty much succeeded.  
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 1:59pm
Watched There Will Be Blood last night.  Possibly the best movie ending ever.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 1:11pm
Never heard of him. Who is he? A skinhead punk musician?
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 12:38pm
I watched the GG Allin documentary "Hated".  What a fucked up guy.

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 7:13pm
Maybe now would be a good time for me to mention the sample from 2001: A Space Odyssey here in "Dark 1.2" by Darkspace and how it's totally fitting to the concept.

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 6:27pm
It's a zoo
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Watched this for the first time while I was home sick today:

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

A hell of a lot more abstract and trippy than I was expecting, but I ended up enjoying it. Though the first hour or so was a bit too slow (IMO), it ended up leaving a very positive first impression. I sense that this one needs to be watched a few more times before I can formulate a definite opinion. For now it's a 4/5.

I've seen it a couple of times and read the novel (I even wrote a paper on it back when I was a student), too, and, yeah, it's very very veeeeeeeeery slow. It deals with some very interesting themes, to be sure, but it never impressed me to the same degree that it seems to have impressed most people.

Kinda... I think. The fact that the protagonist is showed at four or five different (increasingly older) ages sort of implies that he ends up living in the room for years and years until his death. It seems like the monolith (which appears a few other times throughout the film) takes him away, and he's changed into an embryonic state, thus re-beginning his life?

Whenever the monolith appears, a new era or phase or whatever in the human evolution is sparked off. The first time it appears, the apes start using tools, and when it appears on the moon, it sparks off human intergalactic traveling (embodied in the expedition to find the source of the monoliths [as far as I remember]) and when it appears floating in space, and everything gets trippy, and Archer appears in the embryonic state this really represents another stage in human evolution and embryonic Archer, or the Star Child, is the next step in the human evolution (so from apes to humans to the Star Child).

Well, looks like I was kinda close. TongueLOL
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 7:48pm

A hell of a lot more abstract and trippy than I was expecting, but I ended up enjoying it. Though the first hour or so was a bit too slow (IMO), it ended up leaving a very positive first impression. I sense that this one needs to be watched a few more times before I can formulate a definite opinion. For now it's a 4/5.

I've seen it a couple of times and read the novel (I even wrote a paper on it back when I was a student), too, and, yeah, it's very very veeeeeeeeery slow. It deals with some very interesting themes, to be sure, but it never impressed me to the same degree that it seems to have impressed most people.

Kinda... I think. The fact that the protagonist is showed at four or five different (increasingly older) ages sort of implies that he ends up living in the room for years and years until his death. It seems like the monolith (which appears a few other times throughout the film) takes him away, and he's changed into an embryonic state, thus re-beginning his life?

Whenever the monolith appears, a new era or phase or whatever in the human evolution is sparked off. The first time it appears, the apes start using tools, and when it appears on the moon, it sparks off human intergalactic traveling (embodied in the expedition to find the source of the monoliths [as far as I remember]) and when it appears floating in space, and everything gets trippy, and Archer appears in the embryonic state this really represents another stage in human evolution and embryonic Archer, or the Star Child, is the next step in the human evolution (so from apes to humans to the Star Child).

Edited by Time Signature - 06 Dec 2011 at 7:56pm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

I have to ask, did you understand the ending at all?

I could be terribly wrong here... the ending is quite confusing. The HAL part of the story is the only part I fully understood.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 10:47am
Ha, I just watched Dr. Strangelove yesterday for the first time. Gonna get 2001 from the library soon as well.
<- Click on this!
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 6:44pm
I also watched some Kubrick lately with A Clockwork Orange.  It was the second time I've seen it.
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 6:41pm

I have to ask, did you understand the ending at all?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 256>
  Share Topic