FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232233 256>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Eria Tarka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 10:09pm
^Exactly! I think I'm gonna see it againBig smile
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 9:52pm

Clap Holy shit that was an amazing movie. Perhaps not as good as the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but then again what is? Tongue
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 11:04pm
Just saw The Hobbit... 
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

I rented a lot of DVD's from the library that I plan on watching over the next week, and the first one I decided to watch was this one:

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Absolutely classic and hilarious comedy film that I highly recommend to anybody that hasn't seen it - its subject matter should also interest most members of this website. Thumbs Up

A definite classic!! I reviewed the movie a while back: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/this-is-spinal-tap(movie)--review.aspx?id=240605
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 3:14pm
Watched this one with my dad:

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2003)

It's an outrageous comedy as we've come to expect from Will Ferrell, but I think it's one of his better ones. Not quite on par with his very best (Anchorman), though also not as stupid as something like Blades of Glory. It's an enjoyable movie if you like these types of comedies. Sacha Baron Cohen has one of the worst French accents I've ever heard, though. Dead
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 9:34pm
I just got back from seeing this one in theaters:

Lincoln (2012)

I went with a girl, so I admittedly wasn't paying attention the entire time Tongue, but I thought it was a very good movie overall. It didn't strike me as particularly excellent and also felt a bit slow at times, though the acting was great and the time period was believably recreated. Fans of historical dramas should like this one a lot.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 8:59am
^the best
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 10:09pm
I rented a lot of DVD's from the library that I plan on watching over the next week, and the first one I decided to watch was this one:

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Absolutely classic and hilarious comedy film that I highly recommend to anybody that hasn't seen it - its subject matter should also interest most members of this website. Thumbs Up
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 1:21pm
Another Chaplin film:

A Dog's Life (1918)

This was somewhere between a short film and full-length feature, and I thought it was definitely a good way to spend 35 minutes. It had plenty of funny parts and lots of cool chase scenes, although it didn't have the same impact that The Kid did for me. This is still a great little movie.
Lynx33 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 4:52am
a bad one

All that is over. Today, I know how to celebrate beauty.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 1:06am

7/10 good movie with some pretty cool fight scenes.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

^ ^ ^

If you want more good silent comedy, check out some of Harold Lloyd's work.  His work has been remastered wonderfully for DVD release, including the following one which I found on sale a while back for 5 dollars: http://www.amazon.com/Harold-Lloyd-Comedy-Collection-Vol/dp/B000B5XORU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1356144868&sr=8-7&keywords=harold+lloyd

Thanks for the recommendation! Thumbs Up It looks like I have a lot of watching to do!
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 9:31pm

this review pretty much sums up my thoughts, although at the very least i thought the film was well made and it got better during like the last half hour or so:
http://rateyourmusic.com/film_collection/Strawhenge/review68969
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 8:55pm
^ ^ ^

If you want more good silent comedy, check out some of Harold Lloyd's work.  His work has been remastered wonderfully for DVD release, including the following one which I found on sale a while back for 5 dollars: http://www.amazon.com/Harold-Lloyd-Comedy-Collection-Vol/dp/B000B5XORU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1356144868&sr=8-7&keywords=harold+lloyd
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 7:26pm
I just finished watching my first silent film...

The Kid (1921)

...and it was nothing short of amazing. I never thought that this much emotion, humor, and powerful storytelling could be told without any dialogue. This is just quality cinematography that holds up nearly 100 years after its release. I will be watching some more of Chaplin's films over the next week or so for sure - this one is an absolute masterpiece.
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by IMPF2112 IMPF2112 wrote:

Originally posted by Xaxaar Xaxaar wrote:

I still don't like how it's trying to appeal so much to kids.

You do realize The Hobbit was originally written as a children's book right?

Yeah I know, I just don't want the Hobbit trilogy to become Star Wars.  So far it's looking good, though.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Xaxaar Xaxaar wrote:

I still don't like how it's trying to appeal so much to kids.

You do realize The Hobbit was originally written as a children's book right?

Edited by IMPF2112 - 21 Dec 2012 at 2:34pm
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Just came back from The Hobbit.

After reading the book, the movie pretty much turned out like I expected.  I enjoyed it.  I was hesitant upon learning that this would be made into a trilogy despite the book being not very long, but not much in the movie seemed too drawn out.

I loved this movie so much.  With all of the bad reviews, I was expecting it to be worse than the original trilogy, but this may be my favorite one.  The amount of detail Peter Jackson puts into everything is great.  The camera work was great, the scenery was beautifully done.  If there had to be one flaw, I still don't like how it's trying to appeal so much to kids.  Make it a bit darker and rated R and that will be awesome.  But the other movies fell victim to this too, so it's not like this is just the Hobbit's fault.  Also, the last 1 minute of the movie could have ended better.  Overall, the ending was kinda cheesy.  But it's LotR, you expect there to be some cheese.  The fight scenes were pretty cool too.  All the scenes were so well done, honestly.  Peter Jackson and the actors were so good.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 9:37pm
Just came back from The Hobbit.

After reading the book, the movie pretty much turned out like I expected.  I enjoyed it.  I was hesitant upon learning that this would be made into a trilogy despite the book being not very long, but not much in the movie seemed too drawn out.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 9:32pm
It's that time of year, folks.

LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232233 256>
  Share Topic