Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 256>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 4:14am
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

@adg211288 

I'm pleased and happy to see you explore old movies, you'll discover some real gems. Tongue

For now it's just westerns for pre-60s films, but there are a number of other older titles I intend to see should I get the chance. Some of Hitchcock's films for a start. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 2:28am
@adg211288 

I'm pleased and happy to see you explore old movies, you'll discover some real gems. Tongue
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 4:46pm
And a couple from earlier in the week I forgot to post:

Average to poor horror.

Entertaining black and white 50's western. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 4:43pm

Brutal and gory revenge thriller. 

Excellent late 50's western. 

Pretty standard 'creature' horror, but decent enough tension. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 12:14am
Shame to hear Blair Witch has no love here, I actually rather liked it! But hey! To each their own!
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Another found footage movie, though I thought this one was actually decent. I still don't understand this genre a lot though. For the most part the ones that seem decent to me (like this one) seem to be considered turds whereas real crap like The Blair Witch Project and [Rec] are allegedly gems. Confused

I don't mind FF movies if the story is interesting, I've seen a few that I enjoyed. 
I think Rec is one of the best. Don't care much for Blair Witch Project. 

I will watch this one. I did not know it was considered a turd, some users on youtube talk positively about it. 

I also don't care much about ratings and reviews. Ratings on imdb I tend to ignore. 
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 3:36pm

Same director of the excellent The Raid films.
I like it, a bit different from the usual!

Edited by Tupan - 21 Nov 2018 at 3:37pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 3:03pm

Another found footage movie, though I thought this one was actually decent. I still don't understand this genre a lot though. For the most part the ones that seem decent to me (like this one) seem to be considered turds whereas real crap like The Blair Witch Project and [Rec] are allegedly gems. Confused
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Weird. As. Fuck. 
Worth watching...or just weird?

I did enjoy it, but it's the kind of movie where you've really got to look deep into it to get what its point is (or just read up about it afterwards like I did). Otherwise it really isn't going to make a lot of sense. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:30am

Weird. As. Fuck. 
Worth watching...or just weird?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:26am
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 7:27am

I don't know much about John Wayne westerns, having only recently seen my first (The Searchers) and this only being my third, but I have to say I think this must surely be one of his more underrated movies. Definitely among the best 'family friendly' western movies I've watched. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 11:37am
Saw most of Django Unchained recently for the first time! Overall a pretty damn good movie, even if i haven't seen all of it....'have to rectify that!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 8:36am

I picked this up yesterday not realising it was a found footage film. Should have been clued in by the name I guess. Embarrassed With a scant few exceptions there's just something about this style of film-making that just pisses me off. This one at least has stuff start actually happening early on, but that doesn't stop it from seeming like a completely amateur film project. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 2:48pm

Weird. As. Fuck. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 7:55am

Quite amusing, actually. 
GG2U

Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 2:55am

Originally posted by Sisslith Sisslith wrote:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMmMzNjJhYjUtNzFkZi00MWQ4LWJiMDEtYWM0NTAzNGZjMTI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTE2OTMwNDk@._V1_.jpg
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502407/

Very gory...

But was it any good?

I liked the original film, but I've no intention of bothering with any of the previous sequels. I might see this one, one day. 

It was okay, sometimes unintentionally funny LOL, but I wouldn't recommend watching it if you've already seen the original film. For a Halloween/horror marathon I guess.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 8:40am

The Coen Brothers new western anthology film. Six tales of varying length and style and quality. 

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs: a musical comedy tale following a singing cowboy. Amusing, fourth wall breaking stuff.

Near Algodones: a short darkly comic segment.

Meal Ticket: an unusual segment about two travelling performers. A weaker section for my money, though with a dark twist at the end.

All Gold Canyon: an old prospector digs and pans for gold. Some beautiful scenery and wildlife shots keep this one interesting until the guy actually finds gold and then things take a turn against him.

The Gal Who Got Rattled: this is one of the longer segments and plays more like a western drama than the quirky or outright comedic previous segments. Actually, I think it is the best one. The ending is a real downer though. 

The Mortal Remains: ending on another odd note. I'd almost call it gothic horror. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 3:04pm

An oldie. Supposed to be a classic though I found it to be a little overlong for its story. Enjoyed it for the most part though. 
GG2U

MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 2:35pm

Lived up to the hype, IMO. 

Frances McDormand is a total badass in this movie. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 256>
  Share Topic