Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 256>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:15am
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMmExYWJjNTktNGUyZS00ODhmLTkxYzAtNWIzOGEyMGNiMmUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,676,1000_AL_.jpg
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:43am
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 1:31pm

It's been a long time since I saw the 1990 version of IT and as far as I can remember this one doesn't do much drastically different to the story. Regardless I thoroughly enjoyed this one. 

This was quote intriguing in some respects, but it really lost me in the final act with it's plot twist. I wasn't expecting it and sometimes that's good but I felt this one ultimately did a disservice to the movie, since I found the actual 'ghost story' segments generally more interesting than the rest of it. 

My first film of 2019. A brilliant action crime title. 

Zombie film that focuses on the psychological state of a survivor. Slow overall, but I enjoyed this one.

I picked this one up in a 3 for £1 offer in a local charity shop as I was stuck for a third title. It wasn't a film that had interested me before but I decided to chance it as I knew it was quite well regarded. I actually ended up really enjoying it. I was surprised how much black comedy crept into it given it's title and appearance. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 12:32pm
Tom Hardy in Venom (2018)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270797/

I found this one to be a pretty weak Marvel movie.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 9:01am
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3416532/
Lewis MacDougall in A Monster Calls (2016)

Wow this one was a beautiful movie about realizing and dealing with the impending loss of a loved one (in this case a daughter/mother who is terminally ill with cancer). The pace was slow, the Pictures beautiful, and the story simple, yet with great emotional impact. Alle three (four if you Count the father) main actors did a great job here.

Edited by UMUR - 01 Jan 2019 at 9:04am
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 2:40am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I was right in my assumption that this is basically A Quiet Place except you can't look instead of make a sound, but seeing as it's from a four year old novel it wouldn't be fair to say that it's trying to capitalise on the hype of that film and ultimately it's executed very differently. Much more drama based. I ultimately enjoyed it.
Watched it last night. Pretty entertaining, though I still prefer A Quiet Place Thumbs Up
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 1:35am
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 4:30pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 3:12pm

A brilliant movie. Balances being entertaining with it's thought provoking subject very well. It's sad that even though this (true) story is from the 70's things haven't really changed all that much. I think that was the point. One to watch again. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 5:16am

Pretty funny MCU film, though IMO the weakest of the 2018 releases.

Excellent Australian western. The ending is gut-wrenching though. 

Very enjoyable Disney movie.

Really weird horror movie. 
GG2U

Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 10:05am
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNTJmNzExOGItZTQyMi00YzBlLTk0ZTQtNzAxYmUwZDQwZjU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE1MjMyNzI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,675,1000_AL_.jpg
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6543652

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 4:18pm

An unusual western. Kinda feels like it ought to be titled 'Murder on the Old West Express'.

I was right in my assumption that this is basically A Quiet Place except you can't look instead of make a sound, but seeing as it's from a four year old novel it wouldn't be fair to say that it's trying to capitalise on the hype of that film and ultimately it's executed very differently. Much more drama based. I ultimately enjoyed it. 

A kind of post-apocalyptic neo-western, except that civilisation seems largely intact in this one, and it's only considered post-apocalyptic because of a prolonged severe drought. The lack of water has made parts of the States a frontier again. Though it looks sci-fi on the surface I'm filing this with my westerns. An intriguing drama overall that could be better executed in a few places.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 1:24am

Lived up to the hype, IMO. 

Watched it again last night, I enjoyed it that much the first time. The re-watch reaffirmed my opinion that this is one of the greatest movies made in a long time. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 1:21am

Completely off the wall, as expected. 
I loved this one. Even better than the first Thumbs Up
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 1:25pm
Netflix film:

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 11:57am

Completely off the wall, as expected. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 4:15pm
Oh yeah, and also previously:

This was an odd way to make a third Ginger Snaps film. It basically transplants the two main characters from the first film (same names and played with the exact same personalities) and placed them in the 1800s and tells a tale that otherwise shares no apparent relation to the continuity of the first two films. Decent in parts, but the weakest of the three. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 4:11pm

A German language gem. Oddly done and vastly open to interpretation, but I was glued to this from start to finish. 
GG2U

Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 3:09pm
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNDBjZWVkNzAtNDAzNC00Y2JkLWJjNTgtNWNiYjZjZDMwNzQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODQ0OTczOQ@@._V1_.jpg
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063611/

Extremely bleak anti-war film and superb acting IMO. Clap
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:20pm

I really don't know what to make of this one. It's either ingeniously clever or just a load of artsy-fartsy rubbish. Perhaps both. Either way, it's not a movie I'll feel inclined to watch a second time. A shame, as I've enjoyed all the other Darren Aronofsky work I've seen. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 256>
  Share Topic